ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I have a shot at an Anovos xwing flak vest .. tho its a size XL, i am L... can the Anovos xwing flak vest be altered down a size?

EDIT: fixed typos

Last edited:
Picked up one of their Solo belt buckles, looked good but one of the pins holding the belt loop snapped on the first use. Disappointing to say the least.

Probably should've just made my own but the price point was right and I don't exactly have the right tools or space to machine metal.
Solo Buckle.jpg

inquisitor I did let Anovos know about the issue along with the photo of the buckle. Its the sort of thing that could be corrected easily by using a standard belt loop that's pinned or spot welded on instead of that kind of clip assembly they used. Considering that the belt post is welded on, I don't know why they didn't do that with the belt loop. My guess is they designed it that way so it could be quickly cast and assembled, but the design puts strain on what is essentially a 1/8th inch metal tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone found a good source for the ‘breather’ tubing for the ANOVOS Tie Helmet?
This thread from a few years ago is the best and most recent delve into that that I've found. I recommend reading the whole thing, but I've linked the last post, from me, because (as I say in that post) the item eventually settled on needed work and was no longer easily findable. But I've also not gotten any responses from knowledgeable parties as to the accuracy of what I found.

That is to say, I think I found the best out-of-the-box option yet, and am going to buy some regardless of lack of feedback, but take the suggestion with that caveat...

...Or you could check out the link I posted at the top of the page. I haven't seen anything near as accurate on the JRF -- a lot of gas mask hoses last time I looked.

Sooooo...... 19 days left in the Kylo Premiere "Delivery in Spring 2018" window. Aaaaand silence thus far.

In another thread I proposed a conditional boycott of Anovos PRE-orders. The condition is that their delivery estimates are never, ever bumped. Delivery date that is stated during pre-order is adhered to with top quality product. If your estimate is two years out, then fine - but adhere to it. After no more bumping for two years straight I will start to order more things.

Your "learning curve" ended a long time ago. Accommodate for Disney b.s. And folks, please, stop posting "vote with your wallet" and "things take time in the prop community." That is weak at this point.

Why did their TK kit jump to $900 bucks?!?! WHAT THE F WORD IS GOING ON OVER THERE! Im super pissed about this because I canceled my order for a kit when it was $450 because their pre ordering system is a joke. Now they bump it up to $900?!?!

The decisions this company has made has baffled me to no end.

I am now boycotting this company and this includes instock items as well. I feel like they gave me a middle finger on the tk kit. I am not happy at all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back