Wasan 1628 (Billing Boats Vasa ship) FINISHED

Thanks guys. Yeah cracker, it's not that long time, for me the trick is to be pretty organized and make some work all along. If I'd done other projects at the same time or took breaks from the build it would hae taken longer.

Mike, I dony know... There is rumors that she is unstable! ;)

/Matti

This is stunning work. If it wasn't for the background in the pictures, I wouldn't think this was a miniature. Those details are amazing!

This is stunning work. If it wasn't for the background in the pictures, I wouldn't think this was a miniature. Those details are amazing!

Thanks Randy, I loved building it! And the research and reference part of the build was really nice.

/Matti

Re: Wasan 1628 (Billing Boats Vasa ship)

NAZGUL: I have just joined the list and still trying to navigate around it. A little lost right now. Why did I join, because I have just started the Wasa (Billing Model 490)
I have read through the instructions and reviewed the prints and thought I am ready to start. Wrong ! Then I read in your post that the instructions leave you hanging
and I have found that out and I am only on the hull framing. I have found your thumbnail pics really interesting and helpful, so I thank you for posting them. This is my fifth wood model, and by far the most complex. The Bounty and the USS Niagara were pretty interesting but this one is a challenge. I am looking forward to it. Any other helpful sites you know of would be a great help. On the "bucket list" is a trip to the Wasa Museum, but travelling from Ontario is no easy jaunt, but the planning has been started.
Look forward to chatting to you. Thanks Peter

Hi Nazgul , l just joined to this forum and see your posts abaut Wasa. You did a wonderful job Congrats. I also begin to Wasa from Billing boats and want to upgrade the cannon holes. As l see you allready upgraded. If you can give me any information l will be appriciated. Thanks. Albert

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back