bird in flight or not

You know what Peza, I love the way you scratch-build the kit parts. People spend years looking for the right kits when sometimes it is much better to make them yourself. I think they take on a really nice hand made quality too. :)

You know what Peza, I love the way you scratch-build the kit parts. People spend years looking for the right kits when sometimes it is much better to make them yourself. I think they take on a really nice hand made quality too. :)

Cheers buddy,I'm trying to get one side finished for Burnley if not more....but this build ain't no sprint it's a marathon but all up hill and in the sand!lol
Thanks dubby how's ya dio coming on?

eh up christrom and one and all.
well it's time for another update,
firstly i continued on the same side but the back quarter this time.
all the beginnin steps as the cockpit/dockin bay section,with the backin piece bein
split into 2 pieces and my magnets gettin used to seal the top and bottom together not
to mention the 3 bolts through the landin leg bays.
attachment.php

as you can see i've glued into place the bottom row of magnets but only drilled out the top holes ready for the magnets to go in.

next i started on some of the basic details which are not only backin detail but help to place and size up all the other details that
surround them.
attachment.php

i don't know if ya can see but i have drawn on the backin plate and the rectangular detail with pencil where the next bits of detail
will be goin,but first off i made the large circular piece which i think is a chieftain sprocket,if all them years of AFV recognition
saved me right..
attachment.php

i have made afew other bits on this shot,for instance the radiator grill?the D loop and the black piece behind the sprocket.
next i started on 2 very fiddly pieces that go on that black piece and on the front cylinder piece by the grill,they look like
some sort of stearing linkage.I used some .5mm 1mm and 1.6mm evergreen styrene rods.

attachment.php

and finally i started knockin up the back details over that rectangular backin piece,i got all the D loops done(which 1 was lost by the carpet monster)
but the other bits i used my good old lollysticks and styrene.
attachment.php

and here's a shot of all the detail on that side that i've finished so far there is still some more to do,but you get my drift..

attachment.php

i could'nt help myself tonight to put the dockin ring on and have a look at the whole side...i'm happy with it!:D

attachment.php

one last thing for you all,i take it that you have seen the new trailer for star wars,well i was gonna write that i haven't got must to
build but i've seen that i've got a new antenna to build!!lol....not to worry..hope you like the progress..cheers for lookin...peza:cheers

Attachments

• GEDC3212.JPG
    GEDC3212.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 452
  • GEDC3216.JPG
    GEDC3216.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 455
  • GEDC3217.JPG
    GEDC3217.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 441
  • GEDC3218.JPG
    GEDC3218.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 448
  • GEDC3219.JPG
    GEDC3219.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 442
  • GEDC3220.JPG
    GEDC3220.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 450
  • GEDC3222.JPG
    GEDC3222.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 439
Hey peza, good to see this motoring on. Love the details and the way you're putting them together. This is really coming on. How much more do you reckon you have left to do before you get to the painting/weathering?

Hey peza, good to see this motoring on. Love the details and the way you're putting them together. This is really coming on. How much more do you reckon you have left to do before you get to the painting/weathering?

Eh up noddy,I couldn't say about time wise,but I've got the other side to do both side walls,dockin ring,engines cover and lightin
Both guns with gunners positions(lite)and the cockpit to build also lite up.....when go over it all for snag's....then its paint mym8
There's still quite a lot to do but the lists gettin smaller.....cheers buddy peza

eh up all,hope you have had a good christmas?
well it's time for another update,to start off i finished off the side detail,and gave it a shot of primer.
attachment.php

next i made a start on the gun mount but lookin at the window section i desided to scrap it and start again..
so first off i removed the window section and i didn't like the armoured panels also,so i fillered the old panels
,here you can see that the window bit has gone and i've reskinned all the panels..
attachment.php

and here is the remade window,which means i've got to change the bottom one also.
attachment.php

after that i made a start on the raised mounting area and the quad cannons.
attachment.php

here you can see i've made up the forked mountin for the cannons,i had to use some brass and aluminium roddin,as the local model
shop had run out of evergreen styrene rods in the size i needed.
attachment.php

next i started on the quad cannons,i wanted to build them myself,but i couldn't use my trusty lollysticks...bummer!
so i had some pieces of balsa knockin around the house.so after an hour i had something like this.
attachment.php

i,ve asked a friend to cast it for me,so i've got enough for the top and bottom guns.....cheers j(me daza!)
the end is abit wrongbut i used some filler to adjust the barrel tips.
so i've built pretty much as i can do until me barrels come home...
finally i put all the bits together just to inspire me on how much has been done and how much is left to do.
attachment.php

attachment.php

well thats it for this update,i hope ya like my progress.i think i'm gonna either have a go on the cockpit or the engines next,not to sure as yet.
i have been told that there's a build your own millenium falcon mag,you know issue 1 is £2.99 the next 99 issues are a lot more...
i have had a look at issue 1 and it does look good,so i'm gonna start collectin them...just my luck i get near finishin and they bring out a build
ya own kit...lol..:facepalm
well hope everybody has recovered from yesterdays celebrations..happy new year to all.....cheers peza

Attachments

• GEDC3226.JPG
    GEDC3226.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 324
  • GEDC3231.JPG
    GEDC3231.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 329
  • GEDC3243.JPG
    GEDC3243.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 337
  • GEDC3233.JPG
    GEDC3233.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 325
  • GEDC3248.JPG
    GEDC3248.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 324
  • GEDC3249.JPG
    GEDC3249.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 308
This is absolutely crazy wicked! Can't wait to see more...

Cheers buddy,I'm just waiting on me guns to come back and it'll be like Christmas all over again......
Can't wait!!!!!!!!! I'll do another post once i get some more done...thanks for lookin mym8.... Peza

This was a great thread to go through for sure.
The level of detail was great.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Kris,it didn't take long really to make the main body(top and then bottom)
Its all the detail which has taken to me forever... But there's light at the end of the tunnel,I think I might cry when
I sell this one!
Once again thank you for the kind words and enjoying the updates......peza

- - - Updated - - -

This was a great thread to go through for sure.
The level of detail was great.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Kris,it didn't take long really to make the main body(top and then bottom)
Its all the detail which has taken to me forever... But there's light at the end of the tunnel,I think I might cry when
I sell this one!
Once again thank you for the kind words and enjoying the updates......peza

Hey peza! Great progress on your MF!, love your approach and style mate!

Happy new year!

/Matti
Eh up Matti,long time no see!how the devil are ya?
Hope you had a good Christmas and new year?
Thanks about the MF its getting there,the list of jobs is getting shorter.
What you building at the mo? Cheers buddy.....peza

Eh up Matti,long time no see!how the devil are ya?
Hope you had a good Christmas and new year?
Thanks about the MF its getting there,the list of jobs is getting shorter.
What you building at the mo? Cheers buddy.....peza

Im fine thanks! Yeah you are getting close to finish her now. I've been building a model of Vasa and just finished her. It's rather weird to finally finish a long time build. Be ready to both feel happy and sad at the same time. (Here she is: http://www.therpf.com/f11/wasan-1628-billing-boats-vasa-ship-finished-176229/index5.html)

/Matti

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back