what gun is this

sp1derman

Sr Member
DSC_0095.jpg
Hi guys so since I was 8 I have loved the good the bad and the ugly and my Dad bought me this replica now to me looking at most pictures of his gun from those 2 films this looks pretty similar this is the replica I have found Screenshot_2014-11-04-21-45-08.png now aside from the grips is my gun much diffextent they look the same to me but I know very little about guns I'm thinking of doing an Eastwood display but I don't want to buy the grips to find I need a whole New gun to look accurate what are your opinions does anyone have a clue what model my gun is?
Thanks guys :)

The number in the diamond on mine says BKA 218
On the TGTBATU Rreplica it says BKA 98

Yep neither, just got the denix griswold in the mail last week it looks like they were copying colt dragoons, go to Dixie gun works if you want one to shoot and Robert tailors doe cartridge conversions, btw these guns are big compared to todays

Always loved that movie too. So were the guns used in it standard models of the time? In other words they were some modified version?

Always loved that movie too. So were the guns used in it standard models of the time? In other words they were some modified version?

Indeed, most of the guns in the movie were modified, and most were anachronistic at that. Check out the IMFDB page on the film for great details.

Last edited:
If you plan to simply use the Denix as a holster warmer for a costume then its fine, but, for accuracy its a joke by default. The Denix is absurdly inaccurate in size, details, but is readily available and nobody but those who know will know what it is and what its isnt.

The MWNN GBU gun is a beast all in its own. There is a prop weapons book in the process as we speak where some of the original guns that were thought lost will be featured. Until then, here is a real one and an Uberti side by side. Notice the cartridge conversion and other slight modifications for the conversion. Also note as mentioned the hexagon barrel. The Denix grips will NOT interchange with real or replica grips designed to fit the live fire model. Denix only fits Denix. In fact original grips are actually one piece.

t4vk83.jpg

2rh8hnq.jpg

2wce9ht.jpg

opo6jn.jpg

15yhmr4.jpg

I did a mold and a few castings a couple years back for a Halloween costume.

fkwc4k.jpg

and did a quick pull for this past Halloween as well.

308y2is.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back