Show your Dr. Who props!

Re: Show your Dr. Who props!

Thanks! I just read through some of the thread that @Jill Sowell posted up too. There's years of posts to go through on that thread! I have the wires and a few old cell pphones I could scavenge from, so I guess I just gotta find the correct keys now.

My only Dr. Who "props" are the 10th/11th sonics from Underground Toys, so not worth posting pics.

Contributed a tiny bit to that thread, not near as much as Straker & Terrasolo.

Here's mine that I made, used JMA keys as they are steel underneath & not brass. used a table sander to get the logo off & 600 grit wet-dry sandpaper to smooth. After sanding I coated with spray paint enamel to prevent rust. Other bits are a sim-card pad, 555 timer chip, and wire & solder, and appropriate colored resistors.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg629/TimeyWhimyStuff/IMG_5498_zps51bff393.jpg

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg629/TimeyWhimyStuff/IMG_2241_zps102652e3.jpg

Those are really nice !! :)

I received a River Song diary on the PIF thread last week and it is awesome! Thanks again The Next Doctor :thumbsup.
I didn't want to keep it pristine so I did some mock weathering with acrylic paints as well as staining the edges and here's the outcome:

I don't know if I want to do actual damage to it yet, so this may be how it will sit in my display case for a while.

My TARDIS keys (front & back). Third Doctor key (Mooncrest), Fourth Doctor key (Mooncrest), 2 Eight Doctor keys (1-800-TREKKER on top & Mooncrest), and Seventh Doctor key (Megatron).
image.jpgimage.jpg

River's Blaster, Psychic Paper, & piece of the TARDIS.
image.jpg

An early RussRep Sonic, Third Doctor sonic, Fourth Doctor sonic, Fifth Doctor sonic, Seventh/Eight Doctor sonic, War Doctor sonic, 2 Romana sonics, & Fourth Doctor sonic with sound across the bottom.
image.jpg

7th Doctor Umbrella and Season 12 Fourth Doctor Scarf (Hogosha).
image.jpg
Hard to do justice to these two unless you take a full pic of them (maybe next time).

An early RussRep Sonic, Third Doctor sonic, Fourth Doctor sonic, Fifth Doctor sonic, Seventh/Eight Doctor sonic, War Doctor sonic, 2 Romana sonics, & Fourth Doctor sonic with sound across the bottom.

Nice collection you've got there!

I have the Romana sonic on the left that I won on ebay but I have no idea who made it or where it came from. You don't have any info about it do you?

thanks,
Darran

Nice collection you've got there!

I have the Romana sonic on the left that I won on ebay but I have no idea who made it or where it came from. You don't have any info about it do you?

thanks,
Darran

Thank you.

I bought it from flat-sixer on ebay (UK) back in 2009. I think someone from here pointed me to him at the time. He just has car parts on ebay now.

Just finished my second Masters Tissue Compression Eliminator which I've built to accurately resemble the 'actual' prop as it was auction off at Bonhams, it features all the screws & bulb wiring etc. Plus I've been experimenting with building acrylic stands to display what I've been making ;)

aeqnlu.jpg

Great job,Ian !

Regards,
Gary

Hello Gary :)

Here is my Adipose Industries display, thus far. I can't take credit for the pill box as my best buddie Ged has been painfully reconstructing it from the limited reference material available. But I tell you its awesome, and has hidden extras ;) as soon as it's perfected I'm sure he'll let me explain :)

155hwcm.jpg

Thank you.

I bought it from flat-sixer on ebay (UK) back in 2009. I think someone from here pointed me to him at the time. He just has car parts on ebay now.

Cool. I always wondered where it came from. I should have known someone on here would know! (Or be the person who made them in the first place!)

Many thanks,
Darran

Here are some photos of Larry the dalek out and about at the Leicester National Space Centre earlier in 2014...2014-03-02 12.03.40.jpg2014-03-02 12.03.11.jpg2014-03-02 11.53.43.jpg2014-03-02 12.25.42.jpg

And freaking out children... I've never felt so hated! :devil

post-23724-0-70109900-1396946567.jpgpost-23724-0-11136300-1396946600.jpgpost-23724-0-21378000-1396946589.jpgpost-23724-0-41359800-1396946886.jpgpost-23724-0-46750100-1396946577.jpg

Cool. I always wondered where it came from. I should have known someone on here would know! (Or be the person who made them in the first place!)

Many thanks,
Darran

No problem. I had the email filed away in a folder. Glad that I could help.

Oblivion... there are no words anymore. Loving the Master collection you have there.

Here are two small projects I completed not long ago (shown in some theme "Collection" pics I took recently).

First the TARDIS Tool Kit Pen Torch:
FifthDoctorCollection_zps7bdc176e.jpg

I had recently come across a penlight that was identical to the replica that Greatwazoo's has of this prop so I picked that up on eBay. And with his help and RougeScout's I was able to get all the parts needed to make the additional end piece. Then I painted the activation lever and done! Simple project and just the first step towards the TARDIS Tool Kit for me.

After that I moved on to the Second Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver.
TheSecondDoctorCollection104301AM_zpse81f987d.jpg

I recently used 13DoctorWho's revised 3D printed parts which you can see in a collection pic I took recently. I gave the plastic parts as many coats of paint as I could to give them as smooth a finish as I could - since sanding them smooth would make them a tad too thin for the proper look - and I did a fair amount of sanding on the pocket clip to make that nice and smooth. I attached them to the previously mentioned close enough Gem Grading penlight for the body and swapped out the bulb with a longer LED so that it extended out further to get the right Troughton look. I am quite happy with the end results here which helped to fill that gap in my collection.

So there you go, two easy jobs that make nice additions to my collection.

Oblivion... there are no words anymore. Loving the Master collection you have there.

Here are two small projects I completed not long ago (shown in some theme "Collection" pics I took recently).

First the TARDIS Tool Kit Pen Torch:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w128/terrasolo/FifthDoctorCollection_zps7bdc176e.jpg

I had recently come across a penlight that was identical to the replica that Greatwazoo's has of this prop so I picked that up on eBay. And with his help and RougeScout's I was able to get all the parts needed to make the additional end piece. Then I painted the activation lever and done! Simple project and just the first step towards the TARDIS Tool Kit for me.

After that I moved on to the Second Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w128/terrasolo/TheSecondDoctorCollection104301AM_zpse81f987d.jpg

I recently used 13DoctorWho's revised 3D printed parts which you can see in a collection pic I took recently. I gave the plastic parts as many coats of paint as I could to give them as smooth a finish as I could - since sanding them smooth would make them a tad too thin for the proper look - and I did a fair amount of sanding on the pocket clip to make that nice and smooth. I attached them to the previously mentioned close enough Gem Grading penlight for the body and swapped out the bulb with a longer LED so that it extended out further to get the right Troughton look. I am quite happy with the end results here which helped to fill that gap in my collection.

So there you go, two easy jobs that make nice additions to my collection.

Luvely Jubely ;) The TARDIS Tool Kit Pen Torch and 2nd Doc recorder are fantastic :)

Thanks! I did the recorder a few months ago, one of my first goes at painting a prop fully myself. I was rather happy with the result.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back