Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I don't begrudge anyone profit, but that's simple greed. Disney not make enough on the last two? Shameful.
I dont really see a problem with this to be honest. I kinda like it, it guarantees the film to be played in the biggest/nicest theater for a month. Nothing pisses me off more than when I want to go see a movie the weekend after it comes out, and its in the crappy theaters in the back instead of the nice one in the front cause Boss Baby or some other crappy movie that doesnt need a big theater came out that weekend. And cmon, even if its in a small town, who isnt going to want to see this movie? And how could they even enforce that? I imagine this is only for the big huge chains anyway.

I dont really see a problem with this to be honest. I kinda like it, it guarantees the film to be played in the biggest/nicest theater for a month. Nothing pisses me off more than when I want to go see a movie the weekend after it comes out, and its in the crappy theaters in the back instead of the nice one in the front cause Boss Baby or some other crappy movie that doesnt need a big theater came out that weekend. And cmon, even if its in a small town, who isnt going to want to see this movie? And how could they even enforce that? I imagine this is only for the big huge chains anyway.

Hope you like $12 cokes and $20 popcorn and candy because that loss on the theaters end is gonna be made up somewhere. I realizes it's probably cheap here comparatively but $8 for popcorn and $6 for a coke is shameful as well. A @#$%$^&) 2-liter can be had for a $1 on sale. No need at all for a 12x markup.

The screen thing isn't so bad. But, until Jan 1 should be long enough for it to own the bigger screens. Holidays are over at that point.Taking a larger chunk of ticket sales from exhibitors sucks.

I actually might sit this one out. I haven't bought a ticket yet. The last two I was a first show, first night guy. But, something about what I've seen so far just isn't grabbing me. I was excited the last two times. I literally feel nothing about this one, yet. I'm sure I'll see it at some point. But, I'm just not excited for it. Maybe I finally grew up.

The screen thing isn't so bad. But, until Jan 1 should be long enough for it to own the bigger screens. Holidays are over at that point.Taking a larger chunk of ticket sales from exhibitors sucks.

I actually might sit this one out. I haven't bought a ticket yet. The last two I was a first show, first night guy. But, something about what I've seen so far just isn't grabbing me. I was excited the last two times. I literally feel nothing about this one, yet. I'm sure I'll see it at some point. But, I'm just not excited for it. Maybe I finally grew up.

I'm in the same boat...

And it's a weird one because I LOVED TFA...

Now, I did hate Rogue One, but that shouldn't be what's killing my enthusiasm... I'm just not feeling as excited. I remember this feeling the first time I didn't get overly excited about Christmas as a kid...

That said, I DO have my tickets... cuz it's what I do... and I MAY love it.

But just not that excited about it currently.

That is awful if true about Disney.
While the Phantom Menace wasn't the greatest Star Wars movie, I was glad that George Lucas wanted (supposedly) everyone to have the chance to see it on opening night.
So, I got to see it opening night in a metal quonset hut up on the DMZ.

Guess that wouldn't happen now with the odious stipulations.

I just don't like the direction they are going in so far. I didn't like TFA, but I am going to see this. I probably won't go the first week though. AND I will reserve the right to say "I've got a bad feeling about this..." as many times as I want. :)

I was watching the SW show today and they had a clip of Luke climbing out of the wreckage of his "academy". The only thing that really makes sense is they either hit it from orbit, with walkers, or about a hundred Stormtroopers/Knights of Ren Order 66 style. We assumed Luke wasn't there when the attack happened, but that seems to show something different. I doubt the Knights of Ren could take on Luke by himself not to mention any students. We don't know how long some of them have trained or what level of skill they were so no idea how much help they'd be in a fight.

Hope you like $12 cokes and $20 popcorn and candy because that loss on the theaters end is gonna be made up somewhere. I realizes it's probably cheap here comparatively but $8 for popcorn and $6 for a coke is shameful as well. A @#$%$^&) 2-liter can be had for a $1 on sale. No need at all for a 12x markup.
I guess we hope they make up for it in volume instead of the already outrageous mark-ups. But, it's not like theaters are the only places that do this... paid $5 for a 16.9 oz. Dasani water at a concert a few weeks ago.

Seeing that resale on a case of 24 is $4.99 for - it's .21 per bottle, the markup is just ridiculous, because they're getting it even cheaper than that. And popcorn!?!? I'm sure it's pennies of actual cost for what they're selling a $5 bag for. I know, I know... there is land to pay for, there are employees costs and all that overhead. But, it's mind boggling how much they actually make on these items. ...and while the movie industry is in a slump, movie theaters aren't.

These articles are a bit old, but details some of how the system worked. "During the film's opening week, the studio might take 70 to 80 percent of gross box office sales. By the fifth or sixth week, the percentage the studio takes will likely shrink to about 35 percent, said Steven Krams, president of International Cinema Equipment Co." Which makes one wonder which article is accurate - or have things changed that dramatically over the years?

Anyone see the new spot that just showed during the World Series? A few extra pieces of footage, kinda cool seeing Luke in the Falcon again. Not sure if the spot is online yet, checked YouTube but didn't see it.

Anyone see the new spot that just showed during the World Series? A few extra pieces of footage, kinda cool seeing Luke in the Falcon again. Not sure if the spot is online yet, checked YouTube but didn't see it.

You mean this one?

[video]https://mobile.twitter.com/starwars/status/925904402031898624/video/1[/video]

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back