Blade Runner 2049 (Post-release)

Rachel, at least, maybe Deckard, are not robotic in any way. Rachel had bones so realistic the officers in 2049 thought they were looking at actual human bones until the number was spotted.

Perhaps that's why Tyrell called her "special" because he quite literally built a human being with serial numbers on her bones. Though I have to admit I was disappointed in the numbers. Seems to me if he really wanted to make her special he would not have branded her in any fashion.

Rachel, at least, maybe Deckard, are not robotic in any way. Rachel had bones so realistic the officers in 2049 thought they were looking at actual human bones until the number was spotted.

Perhaps that's why Tyrell called her "special" because he quite literally built a human being with serial numbers on her bones. Though I have to admit I was disappointed in the numbers. Seems to me if he really wanted to make her special he would not have branded her in any fashion.

This depiction was THE spoiler that repelled me from ever seeing the film. Going this far with the character was far far too much for me.
No, my Rachael is never shown as ending up as a pile of bones as a plot device clue like a fish scale. I will never look at that.
I read that and just thought wow, they just didn't care about any sanctity of mystery of
the first film. Zero.
And I agree. Tyrell probably wasn't going to number her.

But Replicants aren't robots,....they are synthetically manufactured human replicas,....that are our slaves

J

I'll auto-quote myself as I think I posted that in the wrong thread a few days ago:

Hi, I've searched a bit and couldn't find a place where someone would mention it or a picture that proves it, but I'm pretty sure I caught a fun easter egg for us prop collectors that maybe you all saw, but maybe not:

I think that the serial number of the bones seen in the new zooming machine at the beginning of the movie contains 5223 in the middle. I thought that was really fun for us hardcore collectors and details crazy guys. kudos to the guy that had the idea to do that.
thumbsup.png

I only saw the movie once and cannot swear that I'm sure I remember exactly but it makes sense.
wink.png

attachment.png

J

Rachel.png

thumbsup.png

wink.png

attachment.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! well sorry guys, I was almost sure. I was actually expecting more easter eggs in the movie and there doesn't seem to be many.
thanks for the picture :thumbsup

I wonder how this effects Villeneuve's DUNE?
That seismic drop in only it's second week, has got to hurt.
On a positive note, it will sure be very easy to cosplay as Deckard for Halloween this year!

I think Dune is way more revered than Bladerunner amongst the younger crowd.

My girl HATED both of them especially 2049 she thought it was a lame re-make.

Most of my younger friends could care less about seeing it and will not.

I wonder how this effects Villeneuve's DUNE?
That seismic drop in only it's second week, has got to hurt.
On a positive note, it will sure be very easy to cosplay as Deckard for Halloween this year!

The origin of the word "robot" from wiki...

The word 'robot' was first used to denote a fictional humanoid in a 1920 play R.U.R. by the Czech writer, Karel Čapek but it was Karel's brother Josef Čapek who was the word's true inventor.

And this copied from wired..

The robots in Capek’s play are not mechanical men made of metal. Instead they are molded out of a chemical batter, and they look exactly like humans.

But I still love power droids the most though..

Apollo, damn kids!:darnkids
I'm sure this one will not be thought of fondly in years to come, nor will it garner cult classic status. Most of the younger folk I talk with have little to no idea what Dune is. I don't think anyone in the younger generation really reads books anymore.

Finally had a chance to see this. I really liked it. Words I would use to describe it would be methodical, melancholy, sad, overwhelming, beautiful, purposeful, violent. I think if you are a fan of their world you really owe it to yourself to see this in theaters. The recreation of this environment along with the music and visuals are stunning. You really feel immersed in it regardless of any issues you may have with the plot depending on what kind of Blade Runner fan you are. The acting is fabulous with the odd exception of Ford, he's not given a lot to do and the weakest parts of the film is when he shows up. But the other actors really shine, especially K, Joi, and Luv. Luv is MONEY, she is TERRIFIC. It's long, so be ready for that.

I took it that Las Vegas got most of the fallout from the nuclear explosion that had caused the blackout in 2022.

The blackout was an EMP (see Blackout anime short). Las Vegas was a dirty bomb, K mentions it in the discussion with the guy who tests the horse.

The wife and I finally got a chance to see it Friday night. (We've been dealing with the Northern California wildfires)
We both loved it. Even if I did have to hold it for the last hour or so.....cause I damn sure wasn't leaving the theater. :) It's a shame that it's not getting the box office it deserves, but I sure am happy they made this movie.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back