HELP!! Need ideas for Hoth portable scanner prop

if you arent going for screen accuracy i would use grill igniters for the buttons (the red clicking button on gas grills). just paint one green. you gotta remember the prop guys that built this stuff just fashioned most "no ones ever gonna pay attention to this" props like these out of scrap electronic and mechanical parts. like the millenium falcon model, those intricate details were just extra pieces to plastic model kits.

Does this pic help at all?
040.JPG

I've been trying to figure this one out for awhile.
Examining the base it's clear that it's two halves are designed to fold out so that they end up side by side. There are also two round holes at the top (a black V8 piece fills this hole on each side). When the piece is unfolded those two holes would line up - if there are matching holes in the bottom that would create a path for a poll/pipe/tube to past straight through. The split plugs on the sides cover rectangular holes.

The object is molded in white/off-white, not painted.
It seems likely it is a case for something, but I haven't figured out what yet.

Has the main housing ever been identified ?

Possibilities: vintage scale, coffee/tea containers ?

Anyone come close ?

The metal cylinders on top with the antennae with smaller cylinders protruding from them looks like they could have been part of some stereo loupe or a low-power microscope. We have been doing renovation on the museum where I work and people have tossed all kinds of funny looking bits on the bin (and me trying to save the best looking ones). Microscope bits tend to look like this:

IMG_3029.JPG

I can't tag live auctions, but I saw a pretty spot on match for those red and green buttons tonight while searching for other parts. Honeywell push button switches, same brand as the Vader Red Green buttons/x wing calculator pad lens.

I can't tag live auctions, but I saw a pretty spot on match for those red and green buttons tonight while searching for other parts. Honeywell push button switches, same brand as the Vader Red Green buttons/x wing calculator pad lens.

they´re close and what I used on my recent build, but not accurate

Dang, at least theres a close one out there. This whole time I thought those colored round buttons were part of the original unit.

Are the square/rectangular switch lenses in the toothy metal parts in the center honeywell too, or EAO or something?

Dang, at least theres a close one out there. This whole time I thought those colored round buttons were part of the original unit.

Are the square/rectangular switch lenses in the toothy metal parts in the center honeywell too, or EAO or something?

Still need to be identified...I had mine modeled and printed

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back