D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

to quote the last line "Oh boy !"
This show is definitely my n°1 comic book show now. Kinda makes Arrow look bad now :lol

to quote the last line "Oh boy !"
Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it's totally the Quantum Leap line that Sam Beckett said every time he jumped through time. Pretty fitting if it's an homage to that show... both were great!

"Out of Time" was a great episode. Although, now every thing is reversed. Cisco hasn't discovered the truth about Wells (Thawne) is not dead. Iris hasn't confessed her feelings for Barry. Barry hasn't revealed to Iris that he's The Flash. Based on the preview for next episode, Barry stops Weather Wizard before he does any harm.

Prediction: Over the next episode or two, Barry sees that when he screws with the time stream, everything unfolds differently. He discovers the consequences of "the butterfly effect" over a mere couple of days, and reverses his decision to go back and save his mom.

I know I am not the only one thinking that Barry eventually realizes/discovers, with great anguish, that he has to go back in time to save himself and let his mother die. Whether or not they decide to use the Flashpoint storyline and have him screw things up first remains to be seen.

OK I hate to be that guy but time travel issues. Barry already saw himself when when he was running earlier in the episode. Now we are led to believe that he is the only Flash in this earlier time? What happened to the other Barry? How did he take his place?

I can't believe that wasn't even the season finale...

Such an amazing episode! This show definitely isn't pulling any punches or taking things slow (pun intended)!

That's exactly what my wife said, usually something like that would be the season finale and they still have a ways to go. Amazing season so far.

- - - Updated - - -

OK I hate to be that guy but time travel issues. Barry already saw himself when when he was running earlier in the episode. Now we are led to believe that he is the only Flash in this earlier time? What happened to the other Barry? How did he take his place?

Barry saw himself from the future, he was running so fast to stop the tsunami that he travelled back through time.

Apparently he merged with himself, somehow. Same body but this time through he has the later set of memories. Hopefully we will get more explanation of the mechanics later.

The new episode was so great. Intense, emotional and exciting. My favourite episode of the season so far. I teared up.

I thought it was one of the best episodes of any show ever - UNTIL the time travel at the end. Pretty much guarantees all the 'major' things that happened will be undone. I'd hate to see the death, but it would've been a massively bold thing to do. Most of the things there I was like "I can't believe they're doing this, especially now" and at the end it was "I guess they're not".

I thought it was one of the best episodes of any show ever - UNTIL the time travel at the end. Pretty much guarantees all the 'major' things that happened will be undone. I'd hate to see the death, but it would've been a massively bold thing to do. Most of the things there I was like "I can't believe they're doing this, especially now" and at the end it was "I guess they're not".
well to be fair, IF they would let sisko be dead, then everyone would know that wells is the reverse flash. and they cant have that yet obviously.

Not to mention, if they kill Cisco then they can't have him become Vibe, which he may do sooner rather than later. Check out the CW website for the preview of what the rest of the season holds, which has a close up shot of Cisco wearing some high tech sunglasses that look suspiciously Vibe-like.

One hellufa episode. The last few episodes have been very weak, really glad to see them step it up with easily the best episode of the series thus far.

We know this is all based on Flashpoint, I'm assuming that at the end of the season, he'll go back and save his mother and we'll see part of, or maybe the entire second season dealing with the ramifications of that. He'll go back and change the past again so his mother dies and whether that will make other changes or just bring us back to where we are now, I don't know.

The interesting part will be seeing how this impacts Arrow since they are in the same universe. There are major parts of Flashpoint they can't do, like the Batman stuff. It will be interesting to see what they substitute.

*IF* Flash does Flashpoint they'll likely ignore it completely on Arrow or do just a one-off episode dealing with it. I doubt the Arrow crew would appreciate their story being put on hold for any significant amount of time because of the plot of their spin-off. Also they probably have to assume that not everyone who watches Arrow watches Flash so it'd be alienating to viewers who don't know what's going on. Arrow will just carry on in the correct timeline as if nothing happened, because that'll be what actually happens once Barry fixes things.

Frankly if they were going to do Flashpoint they should wait a few years, get more history build up both for Flash and the seventeen spin-offs that are undoubtedly coming in the next few years. Then do a continuity-wide crossover event on each show for sweeps. When that audiences have years of investment in the tv shows and characters it'll have more impact than after just one year.

My immediate concern is how they'll wrap up things with Weather Wizard again, sidetrack Cisco from finding out what's up with Wells, and give Golden Glider her due screen time along with Captain Cold and Heatwave next week. That's going to be a busy episode when at least one act could be eaten up with the deja vu.

I'm completely on board with what's going on with Wells after that reveal though. Cisco's scene was heartbreaking.

There's no question they're doing some kind of variation on Flashpoint and they've also purposely put Flash and Arrow in the same universe, they cross over all the time. Considering how carefully they plot the two shows, they have to have considered how what happens in one show, especially when you're having a universe-changing event, is going to impact the other. They can't pretend that when Barry changes the entire universe, that it isn't going to impact Arrow. It has to. The only real way around it that I can see is maybe have the whole Flashpoint wrapped up in a single episode so that by the time Arrow airs again, it's all over and that'll be absurdly cheap. I think they have to have it happen in both universes which, so far as I know, will be unprecedented on television.

They could be doing a very small scaled down version of flash point. If Barry saves his mom it doesn't have to effect Arrow at all. If flashpoint is just confined to changing Barry's life and not all changing like the comic book.

Since they can't do the Thomas Wayne story, they could do something similar. The butterfly effect caused by Barry's interference with time could result in Slade Wilson's "Brother", Oliver Queen dying on the island. When he and Shado (because we know how he would have chosen, sorry Sarah) get off the island, he goes to Starling to carry out Oliver's mission to save the city with Shado filling the role of Canary.

Since they can't do the Thomas Wayne story, they could do something similar. The butterfly effect caused by Barry's interference with time could result in Slade Wilson's "Brother", Oliver Queen dying on the island. When he and Shado (because we know how he would have chosen, sorry Sarah) get off the island, he goes to Starling to carry out Oliver's mission to save the city with Shado filling the role of Canary.

I've actually been thinking about this and the reason Flash went to Batman in Flashpoint was because they knew each other, or at least he knew Bruce and didn't know Thomas was Batman in the altered future. We also know that they aren't going to use Batman on the TV series, that's a movie-only/other-network character. Who does Barry know that is a hero though? Oliver Queen, of course. So maybe Arrow will play that role in the Flashpoint storyline and they can have a whole bunch of crossover episodes. It would also allow them to explore some different takes on stories the Flash has already addressed. If Flash never existed, Reverse Flash couldn't either, since Eobard Thrawn was only able to harness the speed force by studying Flash. No Flash, no time travel, no Reverse Flash or Professor Zoom or whatever he ends up being called. That means no Star Labs explosion and therefore, no metahumans. They can go off in entirely different directions. And, of course as you mention, all of the things that happened in the Arrow backstory can change too. Maybe Oliver got stuck on the island with Laurel instead. Or Thea. The possibilities are endless.

Just a thought.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back