TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here!

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. "Shirts-off" Challenge continued! JULY 4TH DAY OF RECKONING!

So besides from doing a couple of pull-ups, push-ups, and light dumbbell exercises every week for the longest time, I'm going to stop slacking and pick it up again in order to look better at a con I'm attending. Perfect timing as well, the convention takes place from July 4-7th. Unfortunately I still don't have a Spidey Suit, but instead I'll be attending as the one and only Casey Jones, so I want to do the character proud. Hopefully I'll be able to get a Spidey suit one day and I'll continue working towards that goal as well.

Anyway, today after realizing I have almost exactly a month left, I worked on the upperbody with a friend and was able to bench 185 after not having done anything relatively close to weighted chest exercises in months, and being about 160 I was proud of that. Then later on I went for a 3.5 mile run in the pouring rain, that was refreshing. This time I have a tangible goal and I mean to meet it!

casey_jones_tmnt_by_covens_oz-d3bq7ak.jpg
Oh, and I have this picture set as my phone background for inspiration :lol

I'll post some pics up tomorrow.

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. "Shirts-off" Challenge continued! JULY 4TH DAY OF RECKONING!

A little update, we're a month in with one month to go till THE DAY OF RECKONING! Trying to lean out for another 3 months before I shrink wrap it.....still reaching for that brass ring Luna :)

A little update, we're a month in with one month to go till THE DAY OF RECKONING! Trying to lean out for another 3 months before I shrink wrap it.....still reaching for that brass ring Luna :)
Haha, you're killing it, man, KILLING it! You look like a superhero, plain and simple. Can't think of a more honest or direct way to put it.

Spectacularly appropriate attire, as well. :lol

Haha, you're killing it, man, KILLING it! You look like a superhero, plain and simple. Can't think of a more honest or direct way to put it.

Spectacularly appropriate attire, as well. :lol
Lol, last time the pics were in briefs, this time boxers and the mask.......20% less creepy :)

What's your recommendation for shrink wrapping? I work out 7 days a week and do a good amount of cardio and I still have belly fat :/ oh and I eat pretty healthy too.
Lol, last time the pics were in briefs, this time boxers and the mask.......20% less creepy :)

Maybe your over exherting yourself, 7 days a week is pretty intense. As far as the shrink wrapping goes lift heavy with low reps (5-6) for 2 months while cutting your diet, then lift heavier with even lower reps (2-3) cut your diet even more and pour on the cardio. After that elevate your calorie intake as you would when trying to gain mass and lift lighter weight for 12 reps to shrink wrap. The key is to keep your time in between sets to 35 seconds, except for when your doing the 2-3 rep phase.

back from the trip and only gained a pound lolz.... I think that it wasnt fat too. basically I skipped renting a car and took the subway/walked everywhere. average walking distance was 3.5 miles a day, plus even though I splurged on ribs and burgers I actually didnt eat that much. my lower stomach fat is almost gone, I think all that walking payed off :) So since I didnt spend all my budgeted money on my vaca I have a predicament, Im left with the choice of either buying a really nice smoker/grill or I was eying a pair of bowflex interchangeable dumb-bells gauges are from 5 lbs-52 lbs for each one. I second what wallcrawler248 said about shrink wrapping.

I've also gained back a couple pounds. I've been so incredibly busy with work, spideys and my side project that I hardly have time to work out but enough excuses. I will make time. Plus I'm so pumped for SDCC this year. Let's do this!

Man wait till y'all see my latest photos...it's like I went back in time and took a photo...

That is to say, it looks like I've made no progress!:lolDSC06496.JPG

Last edited:

Still a month left to go on this "run", lets drop it in to 5th and rocket in to the 4th dimension Cobra Commander! YOU GOT THIS MAN

Everybody's "after" pictures are now "before" pictures. We're going for it!

Thanks wallcrawler! I think I might have to try that. I'm also going to switch to just crossfit 3x a week, cycling 2x a week, and running 1x. Ill see what changes that results in as well.

Maybe your over exherting yourself, 7 days a week is pretty intense. As far as the shrink wrapping goes lift heavy with low reps (5-6) for 2 months while cutting your diet, then lift heavier with even lower reps (2-3) cut your diet even more and pour on the cardio. After that elevate your calorie intake as you would when trying to gain mass and lift lighter weight for 12 reps to shrink wrap. The key is to keep your time in between sets to 35 seconds, except for when your doing the 2-3 rep phase.

If anybody is looking for the "lean and toned" look, I suggest the TapOut XT program (it's a 90-day at home workout program). I did it last summer and got great results. Of course you need a diet plan to go with it, but the definition was worth it.

You guys inspire me.. I don't have the right regime for it i think, i give up too easy, i wont be wearing a spidey costume soon but i will try to get in shape after seeing this thread.

ok, with less than a month to go this may sound nuts, but I'm in! obviously I can't achieve the results by then but its better to start late than not at all :p. I have started small by changing my diet, mostly smaller portions, and when given a choice picking the healthier one, also going to start running again soon. I'm 27, 5' 11" and 196lb the basic goal is to get down to 170 and then see where i need to go from there. I hope to be some what spidey ready by halloween, although I know I won't be shrink wrapped or anything. like I said I'm starting small, but as I begin to see changes I plan to step it up till I'm rockin it :D. If this thread continues past july forth i'll keep posting updates, and I did take before pics, but I'll wait on sharing those :/.

My June 2013 progress picture.
nfOskiwJWhsTzcWXzNYczIphpTbNKOMLjTKB-295x295.jpg
I'm almost out of "overweight" and into a "healthy" BMI range (The BMI scale seems ridiculous to me!). I think I'll just drop into that range to say that I've done it this year and then start to increase my calories again and try to slowly gain some more lean muscle.
Like I said before I'm not doing this for a spidey costume, from the photo you can see my short bicep (or long limbs?) that means my bicep peak isn't really over where my tricep "hangs" the most, I'm thinking this could be why my arm measurement has barely changed since I started working out, eventhough the shape has changed quite a lot.
All I appear to be eating these days is chicken + veg in various forms, but I still love it.

Wallcrawler Bluenyte
hey guys quick tip for ya's 10 days before show up your water limit to around 6 litres a day reduce your carbs to 50-100gms
even give it a shot from monday no alchohol weekend before you start, no starchy carbs ie bread , potatoes etc this causes bloating giving you the pot belly ,oh and cut extra salt out of your diet , causes you to retain water more than normal give it a shot and let me know how your guys get on

sample diet for 10days out

8am :bowl of porridge 150gms with honey 1 pint of water , 1000mg of vitamin c
10:30 protein shake tin of mackral filletts in spring water, pint of water 1000mg vit c
1pm 2 chicken breasts with broccolli and cauliflower, 2 pints of water 1000mg vit c
3:30pm protein shake and 20gms almonds ,2 pints of water 1000mg vit c
5:30 pm , 2 chicken breasts with steamed veg ,2 pints of water 1000mg vit c
8pm: mackral fillets, protien shake ,2 pints of water

i can lose up to 9-10 lbs while maintaining muscle

9066_551148378256676_920563714_n_zps0fedd413.jpg

this was taken last week after i had been on a weeks vacation all you can eat and drink :) and done the above diet for 4 days when i got back with the help of some water balance tablets ie aquaban ( the things women take for monthly cycle to reduce water bloating )

i wouldnt trust bmi readings @stewyfz50 as it does not take into account muscle mass, my bmi is 26.3 and i only have about 10% body fat , i very rarely step on the scales now to get my weight i average around 165-175 lbs depends on how much water i drink , the big killer for causing your body and weight loss to slow down is alcohol cut it out and you will reach your target in half the time needed i can assure you

hope this helps man

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Gerry, I'll give it a shot. Btw....GO BRUINS!!!

sorry buddy that should have read 10 days not 10 weeks lol you wouldnt have the energy for nothing if you done 150gms of carbs for 10 weeks lol you would prob match lunamans physique

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back