The 'Ideal' Obi ANH Derwent Interconnect Replica

Re: The 'Ideal' Obi ANH Derwent Interconnect Replica

Inconel is just a trade name for a range of high Nickel Stainless Steel alloys. So saying its not one its the other might be strictly true in terms of exact composition of the metal used, it doesn't mean the specific alloy used on the Derwents wasn't an expensive hard to machine (therefore doubly expensive) metal.

I'm sure it's probably pricey! Many years ago I got some paperwork from Rolls Royce that specifically said Inconel and N.S. was used on one BP and N.S. and N.S. was used on the other two. Not sure what alloy the N.S. is but it's something other than Inconel.

Hi GH. The run will be CNC'd from a print I drew up having measured my original balance pipe - pics in my previous posts.
Andres has provided valuable detailed feedback on the blueprint, and I'm waiting on two measurment clarifications from him.
I want the 'Serafino seal of approval' before I submit the print to Russ, as I consider him to be the authority on this saber.

@Serafino @parfaitelumiere @lonepigeon
sorry to resurrect and old post but I recently have set about machining obi's ANH saber after previously making 4 others. I have been after some accurate dimensions for the saber, do you still have access to the blueprints you made?

I would really appreciate your assistance

Sam

P.S. i have made some of my own for emitter only, could you correct me where i am wrong?
Emitter Dimensions (1).pngEmitter Dimensions (2).png

Emitter Dimensions (1).png

Emitter Dimensions (2).png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back