What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

My latest saber chassis has been sitting on my work bench since August the hilt is still unfinished as I wait (patiently) for one out of stock MHS part.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Just ran my first batch of foam latex. It wasn't perfect, but I'm damn happy with it, and have a base I can use to grow from! Here it is right out of the mold and then after a clean and trim. These are just baby steps towards my end goal, which is a turning foam latex cowl.

Dont mind the sculpt, this was just a quick two hour thing.. molded and cored in a day or two specifically for testing foam.

IMG_5521.JPGIMG_5517.JPGIMG_5518.JPGIMG_5519.JPGIMG_5524.JPG

Have been working on this off and on for the last six months for my eldest boy for Comic Con 2018, he wants to go as Wikus from District 9 .... However living in a state of Australia that is regarded as a backwater, Comic Con 2018 will no longer be coming to South Australia. So i guess it will be for Super Nova instead...
Currently designed and printing the Spiky parts of the top barrel.
View attachment 777703
View attachment 777704

WOW! Do you sell these kits?

Very nice, Matsuo! I'm really envious! And - take care getting it through that doorway - it looks like it's pretty heavy.
:thumbsup

It weighs a ton... literally!

I got it through the door and into position all by myself... I cut up six lengths of 1/2" pipe and had them set it down on them. I rolled it off the dock and inside just like rolling pyramid blocks..LOL

Finally got around to adding separate decals to the hover board.
Still got the back of the top half to go as well as the bottom half. I'm thinking it might be easier to pull the thing apart again, especially cutting around the rotating foot strap thing.
0d50dc138f8983fbe329cae829318418.jpg
96650cbd315559b00eccdf09736ed9bc.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

From a previous post, I was working on a pirate treasure chest ( toy box ) for my grandson, here it is finished
94669730-BBD3-482E-AF2B-988FB0BD6494.jpeg
Buckles and lettering, cut from brass that I drew up on autocad and had them cut.
ive tried adding more pics but they will no longer load, so frustrating.

Last edited:

^ Exciting! (and a fellow Milwaukee resident no less!)

*one of my 'holy grail' items!!

What is the grill made from? 3D printed? or a legit metal grill piece?

I've been waiting to do some cool electronics for one! RFID, or something to trigger the playback/screen clips..etc

Cool.. thanks for the share..

(does anyone know what the real grill* was made from? or an acceptable alternative?)

Last edited:

Working on the Ood again - pre-preparing some examples to demonstrate the making and painting process at an upcoming Doctor Who event here in the UK.
Alongside a prop commission for a patron in the USA - 8th Doctor sonic screwdriver.
IMG_04822.jpgIMG_0483.JPGIMG_0484.JPGnew 8 th doc sonic.jpg

Last edited:

20180207_122935.jpg
Got myself a mini Milling machine last week so I'm playing with that at the moment.
Starting with some little upgrade parts for stuff I have, Till I pluck up the courage to do some stuff for my Blade Runner Blaster build

20180207_165840.jpg

Last edited:

A few posts up I detailed my plans to make a turning foam latex cowl. Well, the work on it is well underway.... here is what's on my workbench:

IMG_2144.JPGIMG_2148.JPGIMG_2151.JPGIMG_2143.JPGIMG_2142.JPG

Nice.

What mill did you end up getting? (manual?)

I have a Little Machine Shop mill: (solid column)

https://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3990&category=1387807683

Nice little mill there xl97. I got a Clarke CMD 10, Good enough for what I need and small enough to move from bench to bench when needed. Down side is It's got the plastic gears, I'm sure there'll be a belt drive conversion somewhere for it though.

20180208_113129.jpg[SUB]
[/SUB]

20180208_113129.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back