New First Order vehicles revealed

Each new design shown are getting from bad to worse and we still have Ep9 to go. I think this is the design trend for SW going forward now and it all has to be big, ugly, stupid and senseless.

Nrew generation means new fans means new toys means new sales..Kerching Kerching...They are just following on from Lucas,s lead from the 70,s in product Royalties.Its not new but it works.

Nrew generation means new fans means new toys means new sales..Kerching Kerching...They are just following on from Lucas,s lead from the 70,s in product Royalties.Its not new but it works.
There's nothing in that little sequence you describe which necessitates those new toys looking like hot garbage from a design standpoint. These are, startlingly without exception, bland, ugly, uninspired, and completely unmemorable. These are the complete opposite of 'following on from Lucas', who understood when a design for a ship, or a character, or an environment was going to look good on film, and when it needed to be pushed more.

This time, they could make not a death star, not a death planet, but a whole death galaxy! Something like using an Active Galactic Nucleus for the dark side to wipe out all good at once!

I'm beginning to suspect that Disney is getting nervous about The Last Jedi. We're in mid-September and there has only been one teaser trailer. The Force Friday stuff has been meh. There's very little buzz given this is the studio's biggest tent pole film of the year (to say nothing of the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time). Given the production problems on Rogue One and Han Solo, and the money they've dropped to fix them, they may be willing to let The Last Jedi be whatever it is and hope Episode IX can atone for any mistakes. I think this is Disney sending a message to investors: "Even if this next one is a disappointment, we've got a safe clean-up hitter for the next one."

We're in mid-September and there has only been one teaser trailer.

The Force Awakens had only two major trailers: one in April and one during Thanksgiving. We've already gotten our first Last Jedi trailer this past April, and the next trailer will very likely be on Thanksgiving. So the advertising for TLJ is pretty much on par with TFA.

The Force Awakens had only two major trailers: one in April and one during Thanksgiving. We've already gotten our first Last Jedi trailer this past April, and the next trailer will very likely be on Thanksgiving. So the advertising for TLJ is pretty much on par with TFA.

Actually, the first TFA teaser came out on Nov. 28, 2014, over a year before the film's release in December 2015, and the second full trailer was dropped at Celebration that summer. So it's behind par. Rogue One also had it's two trailers released by summer, the second one coming during the Olympics.

Of course, the delay in a trailer could mean nothing, but combined with firing Colin T and bringing in J.J. it seems like Lucasfilm/Disney may be bracing for something. Given that Rogue One had to reshoot (according to reports) over a third of the movie, and they fired the directors of Han Solo only two weeks before shooting was supposed to wrap (essentially, they're shooting the movie twice), it seems like Lucasfilm is deciding not to take any chances with Ep. IX.

Call me a prequel fan boy, but that is the kind of world building I want to see. I wanted TFA to start off with han on the bridge of a star destroyer. I wanted to see some order 66 style seige where him and chewie run down to some hangar where the falcon has been sitting, unused for 30 years. I wanted to see them flee as the first order rises up around them.

I just don't see how Han goes from the Falcon (a sleeper hot rod) - to the Eravana (a UPS truck). Han and Lando in their youth took a POS freighter and went into gearhead mode and made it scream. So Han gets his wheels boasted and... "guess I'll haul cows around. No point in getting another sick ride."

Really didn't like TFA. Seriously dislike all the ship designs in TFA and all that we saw so far from TLJ promo pics. Now that the rebooter is back, I guess I will only start getting excited again once they make a brand new saga like KOTOR or whatever, with a brand new design team. As of right now, hopes are nil that we will see good T75 to 85 designs in possibly Ep9. I hope to be wrong. I am a ship guy because I want model kits of them. I could like TFA if the ship designs are nice... but nope plus JJ killed Han. That sonoverbeach!

Wow! I'm reading a lot of fanboy hater comments here! Can you guys at least wait until you actually see the next films before you say you hate them?

I, for one, am not saying that, but as a prequel fan all I can say is the complaints here are WAY mild compared to the last 18-plus years. I've said many times I have high hopes for TLJ. I also really liked R1. I even liked some of TFA, but, no, I'm not thrilled that JJ is back to make IX. JJ is an excellent craftsman and he's good at executing other people's ideas, but he's cowardly (there, I said it) when it comes to coming up with anything original. And the way he made and promoted TFA by so gleefully throwing Lucas under the bus when Lucas is the entire reason ANY of these folks are even making a paycheck off Star Wars gives me no sympathy toward him. That being said, I hope he makes a great film.

I, for one, am not saying that, but as a prequel fan all I can say is the complaints here are WAY mild compared to the last 18-plus years. I've said many times I have high hopes for TLJ. I also really liked R1. I even liked some of TFA, but, no, I'm not thrilled that JJ is back to make IX. JJ is an excellent craftsman and he's good at executing other people's ideas, but he's cowardly (there, I said it) when it comes to coming up with anything original. And the way he made and promoted TFA by so gleefully throwing Lucas under the bus when Lucas is the entire reason ANY of these folks are even making a paycheck off Star Wars gives me no sympathy toward him. That being said, I hope he makes a great film.

I think we both can agree that regardless who directed TFA and no matter the story, there would have been a group of fanboys that would've hated it. Was TFA a rehash / reboot? Yes! But personally, I think it was handled in a very clever way. You have to please the old fans and bring in the new fans, That is not an easy feat by any stretch of the imagination, especially for a franchise that is 40 years old. They had to get it kick started again. Yes, they played it safe on the first film. However, since TFA was hugely successful and has a large number of people hooked, they can explore new territory and be far more original. Like you, here's hoping for great films in the future. I'll admit, I'm not crazy about the new walker design but that thing could play out completely differently on screen. On a slightly different note, What gets under my skin is the fanboy hater culture that's out there. I'm not just talking Star Wars. It's even worse with marvel and DC. These guys will tear stuff apart and prejudge an entire film after watching a 30 second teaser trailer. It's ridiculous.

Concerning new Star Wars kits, if we can just get Bandai to release a Tantive IV! Here's hoping!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back