Rocketeer Cirrus X-3 Rocket Pack Build

So, if you are interested in getting some made to order Jodhpurs, Rob at AIEL can have that done. 972-226-9933 or 214-417-2200. you need to measure yourself, but they come out made for you. American Import Export Ltd.

Looks very good from where I'm standing:cool Sometimes I experiment with markers and, depending on the material you want to transform/abuse, some of the ink have a bluish tint to it (like it was heated by the high-heat flame)...you should look into it;)

That's a great idea! I'll give that a shot. I just couldn't get the paint to work for me. Clearly a case of operator error on my part.

So, if you are interested in getting some made to order Jodhpurs, Rob at AIEL can have that done. 972-226-9933 or 214-417-2200. you need to measure yourself, but they come out made for you. American Import Export Ltd.

Thanks for the contact. I'll look into that.

I did a test fit in one of the tubes. I'm using thin walled PVC tubing for the engine shrouds. I was very nervous cutting the 45 degree angle because if I messed up I would need to order more but the first one worked out ok and I'll use it as a template for the second.

65a40123fc7223a9f37775268c8d8041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean looking cut!

Thanks. I used a miter saw but I took about 100 measurements before I cut and taped it down so it wouldn't move as I made the cut.

I never thought to use PVC piping. Well off to Lowe's.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I got the idea from Valor. Check out his thread, it's a wealth of information. I'm basing my whole build off of his work.

Last edited by a moderator:
After I cut the first tube, I used the piece that was cut as a template for the next one. It worked out nicely and I didn't have to take as many measurements.

IMG_9767.JPGIMG_9769.JPGIMG_9766.JPG

Last edited:
Be sure to look for Thin Wall PVC ... I had to order it online ... the stuff you find at HomeDepot, etc. is typical thicker. ... the Weight WILL make a huge difference. Plus it just LOOKS too thin.

Last edited:
I got a little more done last night. I threaded the control rods, prepped the vents and measured where I'm going to make the vent cut-outs. I realize the vents are supposed to be slightly off from perpendicular, but I'm going with the squared up look. It doesn't bother me that this pack isn't 100% screen accurate because it's mine and I like what I like.

IMG_9784.JPGIMG_9792.JPGIMG_9794.JPGIMG_9793.JPG

Last edited:
Yup, those vents I sent you are squared off. I too decided to square them up for simplicity. When I started to try to plan out the angled ones my head started spinning :)

I got a little more done last night. I threaded the control rods, prepped the vents and measured where I'm going to make the vent cut-outs. I realize the vents are supposed to be slightly off from perpendicular, but I'm going with the squared up look. It doesn't bother me that this pack isn't 100% screen accurate because it's mine and I like what I like.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w563/QCWolf/IMG_9784_zpswxoa6vec.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w563/QCWolf/IMG_9792_zpsg0zvxky5.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w563/QCWolf/IMG_9793_zps35uwhcv5.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w563/QCWolf/IMG_9794_zpsqekiwiba.jpg

Yup, those vents I sent you are squared off. I too decided to square them up for simplicity. When I started to try to plan out the angled ones my head started spinning :)

Bingo! I briefly played with the idea of attempting the angled version but the angles and curves were too much for my basic geometry skills.

I did a test fit of some of the main parts last night and it's beginning to look like something. I'm pretty happy so far with how this is turning out. Thanks again to @Valor for the center piece casting.

IMG_9798.JPG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back