Amazon's The Expanse

Re: SyFy's The Expanse

Couple of pics of the MCRN helmets from Taku Dazai. Note that they are missing the applied graphics / decals.

Attachments

• 12357848_458304101024022_1762006111_n.jpg
    12357848_458304101024022_1762006111_n.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 201
  • tumblr_o06hn0SoMh1rsnip8o1_1280 from Taku Dazai.jpg
    tumblr_o06hn0SoMh1rsnip8o1_1280 from Taku Dazai.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 133

Finally saw the latest three episodes up thru Windmills. It's getting good. Really want to start making these suits, need to find some cash, I feel as broke as one of the asteroid miners. Is OPA hiring?

Finally saw the latest three episodes up thru Windmills. It's getting good. Really want to start making these suits, need to find some cash, I feel as broke as one of the asteroid miners. Is OPA hiring?
Somebody needs to start making the corporate patches they have all over their jumpsuits.

Part of me wishes I had just discovered this show so I could binge watch it. I'm actually apprehensive about reading the books before the next season starts.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I've got a lot of the art for those patches, as accurate as I can get it, given the 'reference material.'

I'm not sure what the real ones are made of. They seem plastic-y under certain light. Semi-gloss. Pretty sure they're not embroidered cloth, and don't think are they the soft PVC patches (too glossy, I think). They may be four-color process vinyl, which I'm not familiar with.

-MJ

You mean the officers' uniforms, not the space suits?

What was that pill the Martian interrogator was taking supposed to do? Was that giving him psychic powers or something? That wasn't immediately clear to me.

I'm part way through the first book. The pill is to increase his focus so he can see any clues of lying.

The first book is pretty good so far. It is interesting to see things they changed for the show. So far the only big gap I have seen so far is Fred Johnsons background is explained in the book.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Avasarala isn't in Leviathan Wakes at all either, she was introduced in the series to give a view of the activities on Earth (I assume). There's still a lot to cover from Leviathan Wakes that didn't make it into Season One, but perhaps not enough for the entire second season. They may span books a bit which wouldn't be horrible. Overall I enjoyed the series.

Avasarala isn't in Leviathan Wakes at all either, she was introduced in the series to give a view of the activities on Earth (I assume). There's still a lot to cover from Leviathan Wakes that didn't make it into Season One, but perhaps not enough for the entire second season. They may span books a bit which wouldn't be horrible. Overall I enjoyed the series.
I actually came on here to post that 1/4 of the way through the first book and I noticed that nothing has been happening on Earth yet. So I won't hold out for any "meanwhile, on Earth..." chapters.

IIRC, she appears in later books, but yes, was added to Season 1 for the POV she provides on Earth.

-MJ

Is this going to be a 10 year show? The first season only covered the first half of book one and there are five books. It's also interesting to see how they have changed things around but the overall story is the same.

Is this going to be a 10 year show? The first season only covered the first half of book one and there are five books. It's also interesting to see how they have changed things around but the overall story is the same.

Hardly anything on Syfy goes more than 5 seasons, otherwise they have to pay the actors more, at least for Syfy "original" programming.

Just started watching this, I'm about seven episodes in and I'm loving this.

I do hope we get at least a couple of answers by the end of the season though. If it's just another endless cliffhanger show, a year off is plenty of time to learn to just live with the fact that we don't know, and move on.

Just started watching this, I'm about seven episodes in and I'm loving this.

I do hope we get at least a couple of answers by the end of the season though. If it's just another endless cliffhanger show, a year off is plenty of time to learn to just live with the fact that we don't know, and move on.
Yes, by the end of the first season a lot of questions are answered, but there are a lot more to be answered. The Expanse only covers the first half of the first book. I just finished the first book last night and already started on the second. I wonder if they made a mistake by adding what was happening on Earth. If they left that out and did a full season they could have have covered the whole book and answered all the questions.

sources for the backpacks the first one is the closest lines I could find -800-height-Back%20Pack07.jpgand the Cant suit backpack is this one10-4689NoDragMach3Stealth_detail.jpg

That's pretty awesome of them to share the 3d like that. I was already loving this show, but now I'm really hoping it does well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back