Showcase your Doctor Who Scarves here!

JokerMan

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Whovians come on down! This is the thread for you to show off your Doctor Who scarves! Whether you've made one yourself, bought one, are thinking of making one, or wish to offer any tips for the amateur knitters out there - this is the thread for you.

Any scarf is accepted here - it's not just Tom Baker who wore a scarf. Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor wore a paisley scarf under the lapels of his jacket.

I have made one myself, but I may have cheated a bit here - this is one based on the scarf worn by Tom Baker in the opening scenes of 'Terror of the Zygons'. It's just composed of two separate scarves sewn into one long scarf - more details here - http://www.therpf.com/f9/doctor-who-fourth-doctors-tartan-scarf-terror-zygons-192219/

I'm sure there are people here who have made some - so, show us all your woolly bundles of pride!

Here is my Doctor Who scarf.
showcase-your-doctor-who-scarves-here-baker-scarf.jpg-257510d1385062574

Attachments

• baker-scarf.jpg
    baker-scarf.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 1,972
These are vaguely Who-inspired rather than actually replicated..

Many years ago, I cheated and sewed three cheap scarves together end-to-end. It stretched to over 23' long by the time I got rid of it. It was surprisingly comfortable.
55_Rob_T_Firefly.jpg
My girlfriend makes a particular sort of rag scarf out of fabric remnants, she made me a Who-length one because she is awesome.
A_OUm0XCUAALppU.jpg:large.jpeg
I began knitting my own scarf inspired by the Fourth Doctor's red one, but in shades of green. I stumbled onto a really interesting rib stitch style I hadn't tried before, but ended it before it got to Who length. Because of how wide it is and how I wear it, it ended up with a permanent crease down the middle.
grnscarf.jpg

Here's mine I made myself, learned how to knit while making it & I guess I didn't follow the pattern as explained cuz each section is twice as big as it needs to be. Started working on a S18 scarf but haven't worked on it much latley.

578728_327261327368923_1371482877_n_zps157d5571.jpg

I just started a season 16 for my husband and then I plan on doing either an Osgood or a season 12 for myself. I will post a completion pic soon then!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Here's mine, it was a Christmas present from my mom. it's based on the Wittylittleknitter 12.5 but when she knitted it she didn't realize the pattern went from the bottom left up, and gave up halfway down the right side of the pattern. Regardless it's still 11' long and I love it anyway :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
Here are a couple pics I took recently.

This is my Season 12 which was knitted by my friend. She just decided one day that I needed one and she was right! Got it in December 2012.

Baker1_zps6b4dadec.jpg

307658_10151210679678160_1245264764_n_zps65723ea5.jpg

And my newest one is my Season 18, knitted by Matt Swanson from the Stitches in Time group using a newly discovered pattern for the reverse side - and part of the front - of the scarf. Got this one in November 2013.

4thS18-photbucket_zpsd47c000e.jpg

892224_201498453367933_2146731592_o_zps02285a83.jpg

This is my Hogosha EDW (Every Day Wear) S12 Baker scarf. In fact, this is the same picture I took when I got it way back when.

001.JPG

It's shorter (it's missing a few color bars on one end) and half the width of the actual thing but it's actually stretched to be a little bit longer from wear. I'm proud to say it's still in use; it's a very handy and practical thing to have as well has showing your love to Classic Who.

These are all very impressive scarves! Where I live, a scarf is mandatory...especially in Spring, Autumn and Winter...and on rare occasions, Summer.

Last edited:
Super impressive scarves everybody! after making the S12 scarf I don't think I have the patience to make the S18, I'll probably commission one at some point!

Hey guys!! I've been getting more than a few requests for scarves. Madam Nostrodamaus is still knitting them, so PM me if you are looking for one. We have some Season 12s ready to go..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back