Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Hi
Has anybody ID the parts for the cannons yet ?
I know I think I read somewhere the cannon tips are from a 312B ?
Has anybody managed to ID any other parts yet ?
cheers

Hi
Has anybody ID the parts for the cannons yet ?
I know I think I read somewhere the cannon tips are from a 312B ?
Has anybody managed to ID any other parts yet ?
cheers
I'm looking at this at the moment as well, can I start a breakout thread 12 parsec detective agency again :see y-wing version

Found a part today which I've tried to ID for a long time now, it comes from the LS 1/16 Morgan plus 8 image.jpeg

That's the part yes, don't know how it could have been broken though, quite a sturdy part!, Glad I could contribute, just need to find out what that cylinder part in front of the Fokker machine gun comes from:confused

I guess we should try to check imagery of the Falcon at the time she was filming ready to see if ILM cut the part before application, or if it has indeed got broken over the years. I'll have a scan through my archives to see if I can see either way.

Yes, that cylinder part has been elusive for a a long time. I'm sure its been ID'd though as I think a build on here showed it in place ages ago.

That's the part yes, don't know how it could have been broken though, quite a sturdy part!, Glad I could contribute, just need to find out what that cylinder part in front of the Fokker machine gun comes from:confused

I guess we should try to check imagery of the Falcon at the time she was filming ready to see if ILM cut the part before application, or if it has indeed got broken over the years. I'll have a scan through my archives to see if I can see either way.

Yes, that cylinder part has been elusive for a a long time. I'm sure its been ID'd though as I think a build on here showed it in place ages ago.
image.pngThis image shows the part complete, so I would say you are right it has been broken, in other pictures you can see where the part was by the shape of the paint that was underneath

Hi, folks! Would anyone have any visual leads on a greebly that was present on the 5 footer during the ANH era, but which has subsequently been lost?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find any reference to this topic in a scan of the thread. In fact, I'm not sure what the deal is for identifying kit parts that are no longer present in any modern-day reference photos! Feel free to delete this, admins, if it's been covered.

The part is on the five footer, at the top of the jawbox near the dorsal gun turret. It's next to the missing trapezoidal vertical piece, pierced with a few holes, that's been identified as part of the suspension of the Tamiya 1/12 M23 McLaren. The trapezoid has been replicated on the TFA digital model, apparently minus the smaller holes.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=674079&d=1476803948

http://www.indycals.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/IMG_3505-300x209.jpg

But then there's a sort of hand-like or vaguely Y-shaped horizontal piece, that goes into a hole in the trapezoid at one end. This has been at least partly replicated on the TFA Falcon.

At some point both these bits fell off, since they only seem to be in 1977-era photographs, and current exhibition photos have only blank spots. The 32" model has a three-lobed part where the hand-like piece is found.

cannon-part-1.jpg cannon-part-2.jpg

A good visual reference for this missing bit would be awesome. Thank you!

Thanks!

cannon-part-1.jpg

cannon-part-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at these underside shots, it appears these 'plates' (highlighted in Yellow) are from a big kit, maybe an AMT Truck or something, or a big Tank? Looked through the usual suspects, and not seeing anything. Anybody have any ideas on what kit these plates might be from. I noticed these consistent injection mold recesses and other clues that do seem to confirm these are not styrene plated parts.

Attachments

• BottomPlates.jpg
    BottomPlates.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 436
  • bottomplates2.jpg
    bottomplates2.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 401
Looking at these underside shots, it appears these 'plates' (highlighted in Yellow) are from a big kit, maybe an AMT Truck or something, or a big Tank? Looked through the usual suspects, and not seeing anything. Anybody have any ideas on what kit these plates might be from. I noticed these consistent injection mold recesses and other clues that do seem to confirm these are not styrene plated parts.

Do you have a link to the rest of these images?

Anyone out there managed to ID the parts for the back of the radar dish? I know that the Sat V ring, Stug part and what looks like a cannon mount from the deck cut from the Rodney are there just looking for the other details to add, almost completed the front of the dish now so I'll be starting on the back, really would appreciate it if someone could help

, image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone out there managed to ID the parts for the back of the radar dish? I know that the Sat V ring, Stug part and what looks like a cannon mount from the deck cut from the Hood are there just looking for the other details to add, almost completed the front of the dish now so I'll be starting on the back, really would appreciate it if someone could help

, View attachment 703827View attachment 703828
There is a well known harrier part on the base , hydraulic piece (h shape )
IMG_7849.JPG
there is a lot going on here , I've always wondered if the A-Frame pieces here are from a larger version of the Karl Morser or similar gun, maybe ILM were just inspired by the shape .
also is the circular base from a kit like AMT ladder chief ?
Even the base these sit on looks like a kit part rather than the circular ledge being manufactured by ILM, any info on this would be great .

View attachment 686311This image shows the part complete, so I would say you are right it has been broken, in other pictures you can see where the part was by the shape of the paint that was underneath

seems like it was broken off, considering the weight of this model, and the shot of multiple ILMers carrying it upside down , it's age and how well travelled I'd say there was plenty of opportunities for breakage
IMG_5214.JPG
You can clearly see anywhere on the model where any parts are missing that were lower on the shell , as the black primer can be seen, and this is no different
IMG_3270.JPGIMG_0346.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 335

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back