Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Post-release)

Loved it! One of my favorite scenes had to be when everyone kept entering the elevator..
'Before we get started..'

Agreed. This built up much better than the preview lead me to expect. I couldn't believe how quick they turned against him. I was kind of like "WTF. Why aren't these guys questioning why they're being told to take down Captain AMERICA?" Only after did I find out because Hail Hyrda.

You're allowed to not like a movie...

No. If you don't like Captain America you're al Qaeda. If you don't want to see Captain America you hate freedom.
This is what I told my wife when she told me to take our sons and she would just go to Target and do some shopping.

No. If you don't like Captain America you're al Qaeda. If you don't want to see Captain America you hate freedom.
This is what I told my wife when she told me to take our sons and she would just go to Target and do some shopping.
captain_target.JPG

That's awesome.
I appreciate the irony, since my wife was going shopping at Target. So, as it turns out, she was unconciously supporting Captain America. 'Merica!!! **** YEAH!!

Saw it last weekend and loved it. Especially liked the fight scenes on the freighter/ship. Although nothing compares to the original TFA uniform (IMO), I really like the design/look of the stealth suit (especially the helmet that exposes the ears). Loved the Smithsonian scenes, but not too keen on the "new" TFA helmet with Joan Rivers cheekbones...

Bet Cap 3 will be entitled: CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THE FALCON....

Saw this tweet earlier today :D.

mjsamps: " I feel like not enough people are talking about how Captain America watched 'WarGames' before 'Star Trek' or 'Rocky'. "

You're allowed to not like a movie... But maybe give your reasons?

I don't know why exactly, I haven't really like any of the movies I've seen in the last few months.

I think it might just be me, I've been feeling rather "blah" for awhile and that's probably coloring my judgement.To sort of test this theory, I've gone back and watched some other movies/TV shows I really used to like and I had the same response.

Maybe I'm just getting to old and grumpy to understand these new-type movies. :D.

Cap totally Friend-zoned Black Widow:lol

Great fighting, cooler Quiksilver...well, so far. Lets hope they know better than to deck him out in YMCA chaps spraypainted Silver

Finally saw it last night--loved it!! Couple questions/comments

Has Black Widow been Jenny Agutter all along? She talks of all her covers having been blown. Or was it just a disguise for that sequence?

Wouldn't Cap's old suit have pretty much rotted by now? Why didn't he just use his Avengers suit?

I've been watching Agents of SHIELD--wish I had DVRed them now. Really need to watch the last three episodes again.

Is the Winter Soldier comic the same as the movie? I imagine other than Bucky and some SHIELD stuff probably not?

Finally saw it last night--loved it!! Couple questions/comments

Has Black Widow been Jenny Agutter all along? She talks of all her covers having been blown. Or was it just a disguise for that sequence?

Wouldn't Cap's old suit have pretty much rotted by now? Why didn't he just use his Avengers suit?

I've been watching Agents of SHIELD--wish I had DVRed them now. Really need to watch the last three episodes again.

Is the Winter Soldier comic the same as the movie? I imagine other than Bucky and some SHIELD stuff probably not?

Since one of the themes was changing times/changing values, I think his old suit was more appropriate, symbolically, than just grabbing a backup suit from his closet. And no, his old suit wouldn't have rotted! My high school drama closet has a Civil War jacket in it for goodness' sake.

Saw it yesterday, really enjoyed it.

I prefer the classic uniform to the Avengers one, looks more functional while still being representative of who he is.

Loved the Pulp Fiction reference. It was so fast I don't think anyone else in the theater caught it, I didn't hear anyone say anything.

I've seen the film a couple of times now and agree with all of the comments here that this is one of Marvel,Studios best efforts to date.

I liked the musical nod to TFA in the beginning of TWS - nice touch.

With the reference to Dr. Strange, I really hope he gets to make an appearance in one of these upcoming films. He'd make a great supporting character like Falcon.

During the targeting sequence did anyone else catch the Fantastic Four tower in NYC being targeted?

Again, great movie.

Saw it yesterday. Hard to enjoy... some ********* brought his 2 year old kid that made noises and complained NON-STOP through the ENTIRE movie.

I think people were ready to murder him for being such a *********...

From what we actually heard, it sounded good...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back