Working Lawgiver Mk II Display

Your right I'm planning to install in a GBB. There is still room on top of the slide and 9v battery can be replaced by cell type batteries. Really appreciate the effort in this build and I do understand that reducing the PCB would mean remaking a new PCB layout and would require the same effort as the prototype. Guess I have to wait longer and hope he builds new versions in the future and its a challenge for him which is difficult to resists... :)

The thing is that a smaller board behind the display will do little good as it will be much too thick and stick out from the side of the gun. (Actually, the display itself is too thick to fit between the glock and the screen bezel- you'd have to make it a lot wider, thus making it a lot less accurate. If you don't care about the accuracy, you could possibly fit the board in there as it is- height-wise it should just barely fit I think. it might also be possible to position the board in the frond of the shell- or perhaps the ribbon cable could be extended with some tinkering.

The thing is that a smaller board behind the display will do little good as it will be much too thick and stick out from the side of the gun. (Actually, the display itself is too thick to fit between the glock and the screen bezel- you'd have to make it a lot wider, thus making it a lot less accurate. If you don't care about the accuracy, you could possibly fit the board in there as it is- height-wise it should just barely fit I think. it might also be possible to position the board in the frond of the shell- or perhaps the ribbon cable could be extended with some tinkering.

This might work. Thanks!!!!

Can you further reduce the size of the PCB to have the same size as the display and also have it installed at the back of the display?
Don't have enough space inside the gun to fit both PCB and battery.

This is REALLY COOL!!!!

Your right I'm planning to install in a GBB. There is still room on top of the slide and 9v battery can be replaced by cell type batteries. Really appreciate the effort in this build and I do understand that reducing the PCB would mean remaking a new PCB layout and would require the same effort as the prototype. Guess I have to wait longer and hope he builds new versions in the future and its a challenge for him which is difficult to resists... :)

The current build took 6+ months to get to this point, the board has been made as small as I can possibly get it given that they are hand assembled. If the parts get any smaller then they'd have to be assembled by a machine, which is incredibly expensive. I'm doing this in my home in my spare time, it's just not an expense I can justify.

I have no plans on making the PCB smaller right now, if there are upgrades down the line it will be to add more functionality like sound not to decrease the size of the board.

If the top slide of the airsoft can be removed and the kit still attached, then they may work for airsoft mods, otherwise I'm not sure they would be able to fit into that type of system. Not for lack of desire to make that happen, but the screen itself would barely fit in that space, from what I understand, let alone trying to attach a board as well.

Last edited:
Since I haven't met the requirements over here yet I can't sell them here (I need to post over here more but with building this who has time?), but I do have an interest list going. There's more info on the fb page. ;)

Just a little update. One of the kits went out to Joe (I'm not sure his board name here) and he got it installed in his kit. He was kind enough to share the link and I thought I'd share it here as well.

It kinda gives you guys an idea how the it works as well. The LED's are different in his install, he wanted the red to be constantly on.

demolg - YouTube

Thanks for sharing your build with me, sir.

when you say the fb page do you mean the RPF facebook page or do you have a specific one for this item?

Looks amazing

Damn, That is so sexy.

I was thinking that if you could run the wires for the display through the body of the gun and into the grip, you could add a socket/plug at the base of the grip (just behind the mag).

You could then have the PCB and battery in your jacket and run a cable down your sleeve to your glove. Now it would mean making a small hole in your glove and having to connect and disconnect the unit each time you holster the gun.

Well, it's an idea.

Um.... WOW. That is sweet.

I bought a 'Lanard Shell Shock X-6 Softdart-Blaster' to turn into a lawgiver. Its got the shape (just a little big), and has a cool action that ejects a 'shell' each time you reload from the mag.

Will seriously consider getting one of these to insert into it.

when you say the fb page do you mean the RPF facebook page or do you have a specific one for this item?

Looks amazing

The actual page I made for the screen.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hall-of-Justice-Quartermaster/365847953525190?fref=ts

Damn, That is so sexy.

I was thinking that if you could run the wires for the display through the body of the gun and into the grip, you could add a socket/plug at the base of the grip (just behind the mag).

You could then have the PCB and battery in your jacket and run a cable down your sleeve to your glove. Now it would mean making a small hole in your glove and having to connect and disconnect the unit each time you holster the gun.

Well, it's an idea.

That sounds like a lot of work. lol Not saying you couldn't do it that way, but right now everything should fit in the gun itself.

I have to ask, do you have any plans on making a display for the gauntlet.

I honestly hadn't thought about it. This was easily 6 months in development just to get it to this point and now I'm running into assembly issues. I'm looking into maybe having them factory assembled but it would end up increasing the cost... it's all kind of up in the air right now. I'm trying to get factory assembly quotes and that seems to be taking longer than I thought it would.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. When you're working on something for this long it really does feel like no one appreciates it.

I couldn't find the page on Facecrook. Any news on getting quotes for manufacturing these? Very interested in one if you're going to do them.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back