Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

....Are you saying his opinion's a cow? XD
download (6).jpeg
Exactly what I'm saying.

People die from a broken heart / will to live in real life . It doesn’t happen as quickly as it appears to in the film , but I’ve seen it ( unfortunately ) happen firsthand .
Apologies for going morbid and somewhat off topic .

Ged

Debbie Reynolds passed away from a broken heart just hours after hearing of the loss of her and our beloved Princess.

Debbie Reynolds passed away from a broken heart just hours after hearing of the loss of her and our beloved Princess.

I'm not a doctor but I don't think dying of a broken heart is a recognized medical term. Debbie Reynolds was not a young woman who was "medically completely healthy". The Padme death scene was poorly written crap.

I'm not a doctor but I don't think dying of a broken heart is a recognized medical term. Debbie Reynolds was not a young woman who was "medically completely healthy". The Padme death scene was poorly written crap.

The thing about science, is it's only as good as its last observation (and how that observation is spun into "reason"). We don't know everything, despite our arrogant claims to the contrary.

Not saying you're wrong, but to some extent, everything is an unknown...especially the mind-body relationship.

I wasnt referring at all to the PT but you managed to make the lamest and coldest tie in I`ve ever had the misfortune of reading. You should change your username to Sushi.

You just referred to the death of Luke Skywalker as "trimming the fat"! The death of the most well known pop culture icon of all time, in the mist beloved franchise of all time, is trimming the fat!
Let that sink in a bit.
Your opinion on Star Wars is now moo.

But it was. Like it or not Luke isn't the central figure anymore. He's not a necessity. He's in the shoes of Obi-Wan and Yoda. Which is to play his part to support the characters of the new films. Luke's arc was episodes 4-6. "We are what they grow beyond". I love Luke, heck my real name is Luke. But I realized that it was time to let my hero go. To allow room for the new ones.

She died of a stroke which was partly induced by grief. That being said Todd Fisher explicitly said she did not die of a broken heart.
No arguments on the Padme bit.

Kathleen Kennedy still not fired.
Ain't this whole thing grand? Next level nailbite. :lol

I don't think you understand the force.
The "Dark Side" isn't some external entity like satan going around and possessing people.
The dark side is internal - it's only physical manifestations are in the choices people make.
The struggle between the light and dark side is also internal - it's in your heart and mind, man.
The force doesn't "do" things. It just "is".

Luke: "You mean it controls your actions?"
Obi-Wan: "Partially, but it also obeys your commands."

Luke: "You mean it controls your actions?"
Obi-Wan: "Partially, but it also obeys your commands."
I think thats a misinterpretation. I think what he means partially kind of like spider mans spider sense. He can ignore it up to a point, but it will actually force him to dodge something if its THAT much of a threat. Say, if he tried to jump out a window, the spider sense would make him grab on to the wall to stop him from hitting the ground. Same kind of thing. Like luke desired to block the shots, and he kinda did that cool block thing, so the force guided his arms into doing it. Thats always how I thought of it anyway.

I think thats a misinterpretation. I think what he means partially kind of like spider mans spider sense. He can ignore it up to a point, but it will actually force him to dodge something if its THAT much of a threat. Say, if he tried to jump out a window, the spider sense would make him grab on to the wall to stop him from hitting the ground. Same kind of thing. Like luke desired to block the shots, and he kinda did that cool block thing, so the force guided his arms into doing it. Thats always how I thought of it anyway.

In that case, so much of the Force is still open to interpretation. If that were the context though, the Force certainly didn't save the Jedi from the threat of that purge that dwindled their numbers down to 2. No Jedi would ever lose a fight, if all they had to do was sit back and let the Force auto-pilot them through everything.

But it was. Like it or not Luke isn't the central figure anymore. He's not a necessity. He's in the shoes of Obi-Wan and Yoda. Which is to play his part to support the characters of the new films. Luke's arc was episodes 4-6. "We are what they grow beyond". I love Luke, heck my real name is Luke. But I realized that it was time to let my hero go. To allow room for the new ones.

This place...
20180815_144628.jpg
..is where your opinions go now.

I've always interpreted it like a zen-buddhist meditational thing.
You're just hyper aware, so the smallest noise or gust of air can alert you to danger, and your reflexes can take instant action.
Luke "felt" the drone's movements, and to an extent anticipated it's actions.

I just have a real problem with the force being a lucid, conscious entity with an agenda.
I know GL retconned it to be exactly that in the prequels, so I guess it's canon now, but I ain't buying it.
GL clearly lost his mind and forgot what Star Wars was about.
I prefer the eastern mysticism version of the force portrayed in the OT.

I've always interpreted it like a zen-buddhist meditational thing.
You're just hyper aware, so the smallest noise or gust of air can alert you to danger, and your reflexes can take instant action.
Luke "felt" the drone's movements, and to an extent anticipated it's actions.

I just have a real problem with the force being a lucid, conscious entity with an agenda.
I know GL retconned it to be exactly that in the prequels, so I guess it's canon now, but I ain't buying it.
GL clearly lost his mind and forgot what Star Wars was about.
I prefer the eastern mysticism version of the force portrayed in the OT.

What you are saying is just the tip of the ice berg. Part of the Force is very zen-buddhist. But a zen-buddhist mentally doesn't alow you to lift objects with your mind. Or shoot bolts of electricity from your fingers. Or see events from the far future or past. Or let you travel through space and time.

The Force can do all that and more.

The Force can do all that and more.

Is the force doing all that stuff - or are people who can tap into the force doing it?

I'm an OT purist, you obviously gobble up everything with a Star Wars sticker on it and love it.
We're never going to see eye to eye on this.
I have my Tao/Zen force, you can keep your Hogwarts force.

Is the force doing all that stuff - or are people who can tap into the force doing it?

I'm an OT purist, you obviously gobble up everything with a Star Wars sticker on it and love it.
We're never going to see eye to eye on this.
I have my Tao/Zen force, you can keep your Hogwarts force.

I'd say it's both. "Remember a Jedi can feel the Force flowing through them". "For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is"
Repeatedly it is stated the the Force with someone. "Obi-Wan is here. The Force is with him." "The Force is strong with this one." "The Force is with you young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet."

Notice how the emphasis is on the Force being with or coming with the person. It suggests that the Force chooses who will use it and how.

I really think the best way to describe the way a Jedi uses the Force is the way Yoda didi. Yoda calls it his ally, it's almost like a symbiotic relationship. The Jedi and the Force working together towards a common goal.

What part of this did you not understand?
I'm done here.

I understood everything I just thought I'd share one last thought. There's no need to be so defensive.

Okay lied I didn't understand the Hogwarts reference, never seen Harry Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back