Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Although it was missing from the original Map for this area, when I re-do it I'll note that the CB750 frame also provides these parts too.

Engine_image.jpg

The red arrow is pointing to the CB-750 racing frame.

Found another part sitting under another part on the Engine cover. It's highlighted circled (terribly) in green. Also the piece I squared in yellow..I've looked at my M23 until I'm blind could anyone post a photo of that part as it sits in the kit? Thanks so much!

part.jpg

image.jpegFound these parts some time ago, not sure if they've been mentioned, AMT La France Ladder chief ( kit also provides the frame part on the side of the cockpit, the parts for the top and bottom of the mandibles, and the ladder part in the rear maintenance pit.

Thanks for the part ID notes guys.

As it happens I managed to ID those La France parts the other week along with the cut down 312B part which sits on the front of the same panther box. I got those from looking at picks which I think Stu posted of his build a while ago ( thanks Stu!). This is why I'm trying to update and review the previous maps so that we can all re-group and focus attention around the remaining parts that really are unidentified, (at least in the public domain) and quickly document the ones that are in fact already known.

I'm spending a bit of time trying to ID parts on the top surface for the new MF011 map, but I know that whilst I'm discovering parts that are new to me, I doubt I'm finding anything that hasn't already been ID'd by someone else here; which of course isn't very efficient. However, I'm conscious that its not fair to keep expecting people who are further on with things to keep having to help out, even though they are always very generous with their information.

Once I finally get MF011 as far as I can take it,I'll highlight the parts that are stumping me and then ask for everyone to dive in, critique what I've done and see what we can nail.
It does feel that a huge amount of progress has been made on the Falcon over the years and the number of really elusive parts is definitely shrinking.

Its been a turbulent and emotional few months on the SS forum from what I can see, so its good to know that there are still some keen 5' Falcon ID'ers out there :)

Nick

Hi

Ok, this is the area I'm currently looking at. Its just an extract from MF011 and some of the parts in this bit have already been highlighted in the main image. i.e This is a box-out detail section.

A? looks very familiar to me for some reason but so far I can't track it down. However ?B is proving tricky and I'm not sure if they are automotive in origin, or maybe part of a ship superstructure?

F? I had thought could be from a big bike kit, but so far no luck.

If anyone can help mop these up it would really help me crack on with the map. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.:)

MF011_extract_queries.jpg

If you get stuck post it up. Will see if I can assist. I'll share what I have found as soon as I finish the areas I'm searching.

I've posted my stash on Flickr and to kit scan thread , hopefully their clear enough for people to use to ID parts, and also let people see what should be in a kit .
it also saves me having to dig them out all the time to clarify them .
ive a few more on the way . Feel free to use the images .
https://flic.kr/p/Ln1TFu that m23 part 27heaven is clear in this shot .

Last edited by a moderator:
B reminds me of the Missouri tower, at least the overall shape with the cut-out. Maybe there are other pieces on top of it?

Here is a pic of the Hasegawa 1/450 Missouri sprue. You are right, its very close. Thanks for the steer. The two small parts on top of them are from the Saladin which sort of look the right comparable size to these parts, but there are clearly differences such as side lugs and the slot looks thinner and neater on the ILM part. I'm wondering if another manufacturers version of this ship would be the right source. I also believe the USS New Jersey was a sister ship so a kit of that could also be worth a look? Its also possible a 1/350 scale version could work for this part.

MF011_extract_queries_2.jpg

Any ship kit experts out there who can advise?

Cheers
Nick

Attachments

• Hasegawa1_450 Missouri.jpg
    Hasegawa1_450 Missouri.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 273
Here is a picture of the Fujimi New Jersey/Iowa/Missouri part. Seems it was a bit modified on the MF (tab cut off, etc.)
View attachment 661222

Nicely done Alonzo. You can actually see the residue from where the tab was removed on the side. The good news continues as in checking the sprue to confirm those parts I've also just noticed these two small parts next to the 312B frame are also from the same kit. The same sprue in fact.

MF011_extract_queries_3.jpg

Attachments

• MF011_extract_queries_3.jpg
    MF011_extract_queries_3.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 250
Also finally tracked down A? - its from the M36 Jackson, though it has a part next to it I now need to find!

MF011_extract_queries_M36.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back