Pepper Potts Armor in Iron Man 3

smidgemcduff

[SPOILERS]

Which suit does Pepper grab the arm off of? My wife makes a great Pepper Potts and this would be a great costume to do without having to build an entire suit.

[SPOILERS]

Which suit does Pepper grab the arm off of? My wife makes a great Pepper Potts and this would be a great costume to do without having to build an entire suit.

She's in the MK 42, its a decent armour i suppose honestly though if you wanna do armoured Pep my advice would be go for the Rescue armour, I know JFcustoms has made a foam friendly pep file and really the film suits get a bit over done. Still thats just my advice! Do whatever you want to long as your happy with it!

No I think OP is talking about the end scene where she
blast Killian to death
with only one arm of a suit equipped. It's not the MK42 she has on her, but I can't tell exactly. I has some MK7 resemblance I think but half I the new suits are built with MK7 pieces so hard to tell without taking a closer look !

I think it's Mark 7, it looks like it, it has it's color... Don't know why, but I'm pritty sure it's Mark 7.

Just took a closer look at the scene and the armor has the round Unibeam and the darker shade of red, similar to the mark 3 suit. It also has the built up area between the shoulder and neck, like the mark 7. Best guess I'd say it is somewhere between the Mark 8 and the Mark 11 suits.

I thought it actually looked more like a Mark IV/VI without the horizontal "ribbing"/lines on the bicep, making it smooth.

It just didn't seem as smooth as the Mark VII bicep to me. Though I could be wrong...I just remember sitting in the theater staring at the bicep like "What the hell arm is that?!"

I just assumed they probably had the Mark VI molds lying around and quickly cast the arm and modified it slightly to have a different looking arm without having to spend the time and money on a unique arm JUST for that shot. I don't remember what the forearm looked like though.

...again, that's just my opinion. I'd have to see the movie again to be sure.

-Nick

I thought marks 1-8 were destroyed during the attack on the mansion leaving stark to use the mk42 for most of the movie?

Oh, man, totally forgot about that. Yea, Mark I to VII were destroyed. So the best guess is that that was Mark VIII to XI as Catavarie said. Or something similar

Remember, just because those suits were destroyed in the movies doesn't mean the prop makers wouldn't have used components (modified or otherwise) from those suits to save them time an aggravation.

Movie reality is not always reality-reality...in fact, usually it's not.

-Nick

Remember, just because those suits were destroyed in the movies doesn't mean the prop makers wouldn't have used components (modified or otherwise) from those suits to save them time an aggravation.

Movie reality is not always reality-reality...in fact, usually it's not.

-Nick

Basically what he said, I don't any problems using the arms from Mark 2-7 as a template and adding your artistic touches to it. I highly doubt you'll get someone at a con giving you grief like this:

"Con goer#265: I'm sorry but that arm is incorrect, if you watched the movie you would know that Mark 35 was destroyed at the 2 hour mark at exactly frame 652342 so Pepper could not use that arm. The red is also the wrong shade of red, it's more like wine red when you clearly used hot rod red GAWD."

At least I hope you don't get this person...

For simplicity's sake I'd suggest choosing which ever arm you like and pepping it from the shoulder down. Go with a darker red paint and battle scar it.

But that is just my advice, worth every penny you paid for it. :cool

I'm glad someone started this thread because I'm thinking the same costume for myself. I was pondering about what to use when my new issue of Entertainment Weekly arrived:

Now, that may just be a random iron man arm photoshopped on, but at least it gives a general idea.
I'm just SO excited to make this costume! I was dying to make a Pepper Potts armour suit since I recently learned that she wears one in the film, but after seeing it, doing just the arm with the ... body paint... is sounding perfect to me, for time purposes as well as overall Badass look! I'm also psyched that the arm is all beat up and not in super shiny condition.. I do better with weathering :p

Well, just saw the movie again, and because I peeked at this thread before I saw it, I had to keep my eye close on this particular scene and what armor it was that she pulled the arm off of. It looked exactly like the Mark VII for a split second, but with some differences. But it did have the same forearm as the Mark VII, right down to the handplate. And after checking this thread: http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-3-good-news-those-who-want-42-armors-184196/ I have to say that it's the Mark VIII. It's the closet in design to the Mark VII and has almost the exact same forearm/handplate.

But for simplicity's sake, using the the Mark VII pep arm would probably be close enough.:thumbsup

Aeric

Dont forget tho that when you look at all 42 armours majority are copies anyway so while it looks like the mark VII it prob be another since that one was destroyed.

Oh yeah that suit that she destroys is the 7 i read that as in the arm she grabbed when tony throws it on to her, ok derp =P and the entertainment is a bad crop of the 42 on her

I'm glad someone started this thread because I'm thinking the same costume for myself. I was pondering about what to use when my new issue of Entertainment Weekly arrived:

Now, that may just be a random iron man arm photoshopped on, but at least it gives a general idea.
I'm just SO excited to make this costume! I was dying to make a Pepper Potts armour suit since I recently learned that she wears one in the film, but after seeing it, doing just the arm with the ... body paint... is sounding perfect to me, for time purposes as well as overall Badass look! I'm also psyched that the arm is all beat up and not in super shiny condition.. I do better with weathering :p

In addition to the Spidey thread, we are going to need a Pepper Potts Fitness thread, to get those ABS

I've been wanting to make an Iron Man too (damn you, RPF!), and since she was only in the rescue armor for a hot minute, this is a great way to ease into it!

AGREE! That is definitely going to be the hardest part of the costume for me, I detest sit-ups. I need to learn other ways lol. But that should be good motivation! Also then I can feel better about wearing my first cosplay which is midriff-baring too :p

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back