Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

do the aunthetic shoes have the el domes the same as the v3s?

because it looks like the v4s will fail as well...

sA9Pr1IHT-SHulO5C0PgDA.png

Oh just wait. The gears will freeze and you’ll have a pair of $1000 nonlacing Mags sitting on your shelf. These electronics remind me of the Kenner electronics in the vintage Star Wars guns. Cheap motors that froze up after a year or so.

Harsh but true :cool

Ok, I'll get mine out of their boxes and take a photo after work.

Yeah cool.

do the aunthetic shoes have the el domes the same as the v3s?

because it looks like the v4s will fail as well...

If you do remember, even NIKE stated that YOU were NOT meant to WEAR them. So if you choose to wear them, then you run the risk of breaking something. Even the poster says, "replica movie prop".

Could mean that or could mean a broken wire is shorting somewhere. When my shoes died, the EL in one shoe was flickering on/off about 50Hz (like if the contrast was turned up too high on an old PAL TV). The LEDs did not run. My left battery puffed up and the wires in that shoe had worn down the insulation to bear copper and shorted. The right shoe, they just sheered off where they pass through to the clear sole.

How long have you have them and how many wears did you get?

Are these half sizes actually larger than the normal size? I'd be curious to see 10 and 10.5 sole to sole.

I bought them around the same time everybody else got their first few pairs. Maybe a month or so after. I probably got around 20-25 hours of wear out of them. Trying to remember I probably had them on seven or eight times for different periods of time. That doesn't count all the times I just sat around the house with them on not really doing anything. However I never drove in them or walked up and down any stairs in them and I was also always cautious to not squat and bend or kreese them in anyway. I pretty much would walk flat-footed in them and attempt to save the els. My replacement pair still work like a charm. I'm not scared to open up the soul and switch the battery but I'm scared once I do that it's going to open up to a whole new level of problems that I'm not prepared to have to deal with. I do have extra sets of unused EL's and heal LEDs.

But yes the EL's and the strap will very dimly flicker and you I can't turn them off. They do it on their own. The red lights of the heel will sometimes flash on for a second but then immediately turn off. it won't let me post a video but I can text it to someone if they want to post it for me.

And I have no idea about the size difference between my 10 1/2 and a regular 10.

Last edited:
I bought them around the same time everybody else got their first few pairs. Maybe a month or so after. I probably got around 20-25 hours of wear out of them. Trying to remember I probably had them on seven or eight times for different periods of time. That doesn't count all the times I just sat around the house with them on not really doing anything. However I never drove in them or walked up and down any stairs in them and I was also always cautious to not squat and bend or kreese them in anyway. I pretty much would walk flat-footed in them and attempt to save the els. My replacement pair still work like a charm. I'm not scared to open up the soul and switch the battery but I'm scared once I do that it's going to open up to a whole new level of problems that I'm not prepared to have to deal with. I do have extra sets of unused EL's and heal LEDs.

But yes the EL's and the strap will very dimly flicker and you I can't turn them off. They do it on their own. The red lights of the heel will sometimes flash on for a second but then immediately turn off. it won't let me post a video but I can text it to someone if they want to post it for me.

And I have no idea about the size difference between my 10 1/2 and a regular 10.

Sounds very similar to what my left shoe did. And that was mostly to a faulty battery, then broken wires. But I have to wonder what was going on inside the buckle where the control board was as I guess that is where the inverter was as well. Did that pack it in too?

Im a little confused by "did that pack it in too?". Do yo mean plugging them in pushed the port further back and potentially caused a short on the board? That I do not know.

Im a little confused by "did that pack it in too?". Do yo mean plugging them in pushed the port further back and potentially caused a short on the board? That I do not know.

Mig

The " pack it in" you are confused about might just be a saying not used outside of Australia, the meaning is " wore out "

Trying something out...got these separate domes today. This is them with a split connection powering each one directly. Not sure I like the idea of having more wire in these shoes (even though I haven't had a wire or connection fail) but know some of you have.

View attachment 772075
so have you put these to the test?
best way to test them would be to do what jaden smith does to his mags in that video...

Sorry for the delay, was totally exhausted from work yesterday. Here are some photos of my V3 size 10 (which I replaced the sole on) next to my V3.1 size 10.5. There is actually a slight size difference, seems about right for a half size, not enough to be a full size up. Even in the height. And my cats LOVE the MAGs, every time I get them out one of them comes to investigate.....
DSC_0040.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG

My shoes? I don't think I broke the ports on my wear pair as they slid in like, well you know how the saying goes. My display pair has a tight port.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

My shoes? I don't think I broke the ports on my wear pair as they slid in like, well you know how the saying goes. My display pair has a tight port.

Yes "pack it in" is a term used to discribe "breaking" or "giving up". It was not meant as pushing in the charge port.

They are still attracthed to the board as tightly as they were when I got them but that doesn't mean it's not something else.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back