Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

How in the freak do you get them to come apart that cleanly? Did you actually get it to come apart in a way that you will be able to put this shoe back together? That's cool stuff!

Trying something out...got these separate domes today. This is them with a split connection powering each one directly. Not sure I like the idea of having more wire in these shoes (even though I haven't had a wire or connection fail) but know some of you have.

View attachment 772075

So I broke open a 9v square battery today. Found 6 AAAA batteries inside. Im wondering if I were to lay these in a 3x2 or all 6 side by side and create a "block" of them............ if it would fit in the sole. It obviously gives you the 9v.............. I just wonder if it would fit this way and if it would be plausible.

I looked into this but there is just no room. You have the area (footprint) for a 9V, but not the depth. The key difference between a V2 and V3 mid-sole is the thickness where the V3 is about 1/2 the height at the back under the heel cup.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you have to make charging them a regular thing. I do my display pair every 2 weeks for a few hours (normally a bit over 2) while I watch a movie in my cinema. They seem to last a few hours but I have not drained them flat. These V4s will be the same.

Eh, it's more about anything regarding the v3's / V4's. As the Footwear bag is for holding the shoes, I'd say they have a place here

If the shoes came in a tube, then yes. The yellow and white boxes are discussed here because that is part of the V3 and V4 packs.

I disagree, especially when sale prices are being asked. Plus there’s a dedicated thread for the tube bag.

Exactly. Thank you.

So I broke open a 9v square battery today. Found 6 AAAA batteries inside. Im wondering if I were to lay these in a 3x2 or all 6 side by side and create a "block" of them............ if it would fit in the sole. It obviously gives you the 9v.............. I just wonder if it would fit this way and if it would be plausible.

I'm sure Jedifyfe did this for his V2s a while back. From memory, he opened up a rechargeable 9V battery to make it thinner under his foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just sent my QC video for my pair of David's V4's. Just like in a another video I saw one of the shoes motors sounded sluggish while the other shoe sounded fine. I don't know if this has something to do with the charge level of the shoe but I asked them just to make sure. I'm sure they will tell me it's normal or its the charge level, I just pray they don't break 2 days after receiving them like my V3's. Only other thing I noticed were the soles looked pretty yellow, but that could just be the way the camera captures it.
The google drive link to the video is below, not sure if it can be accessed but you can give it a shot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bDCQYyKrf3DMWr-yd8bG7n4mpoRhWypW/view?usp=sharing_eip&ts=5a0ab016

I was able to view it. The first shoe didn't sound normal at all, the second one even sounded like it was straining. I'd ask for a video of them using the power laces while the shoes are charging

Last edited:
I was just sent my QC video for my pair of David's V4's. Just like in a another video I saw one of the shoes motors sounded sluggish while the other shoe sounded fine. I don't know if this has something to do with the charge level of the shoe but I asked them just to make sure. I'm sure they will tell me it's normal or its the charge level, I just pray they don't break 2 days after receiving them like my V3's. Only other thing I noticed were the soles looked pretty yellow, but that could just be the way the camera captures it.
The google drive link to the video is below, not sure if it can be accessed but you can give it a shot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bDCQYyKrf3DMWr-yd8bG7n4mpoRhWypW/view?usp=sharing_eip&ts=5a0ab016

Lets just hope it is a flattened battery on that left shoe. The motor seems to wind in a bit first and I guess that is because it needed to finish the tighten cycle first, then opens, but it seems to struggle where the right shoe opens and closes quite well.

Got some parts in the mail today. Thank you DragonGalvy
7014809b7aaad75781e774eec62075fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So when your lights dimly flicker while plugged in to charge mean s the battery is dead right?

Could mean that or could mean a broken wire is shorting somewhere. When my shoes died, the EL in one shoe was flickering on/off about 50Hz (like if the contrast was turned up too high on an old PAL TV). The LEDs did not run. My left battery puffed up and the wires in that shoe had worn down the insulation to bear copper and shorted. The right shoe, they just sheered off where they pass through to the clear sole.

How long have you have them and how many wears did you get?

They are 10.5

Are these half sizes actually larger than the normal size? I'd be curious to see 10 and 10.5 sole to sole.

Lets just hope it is a flattened battery on that left shoe. The motor seems to wind in a bit first and I guess that is because it needed to finish the tighten cycle first, then opens, but it seems to struggle where the right shoe opens and closes quite well.

So they wrote me saying that it is in fact an issue with that pair and that I would have to wait for another pair. It's pretty crappy they were going to sell me a somewhat defective shoe for $1000. I also don't get why I have to wait so long for them to get another pair from the factory. I can't imagine so many people buying these at this price point.

So they wrote me saying that it is in fact an issue with that pair and that I would have to wait for another pair. It's pretty crappy they were going to sell me a somewhat defective shoe for $1000. I also don't get why I have to wait so long for them to get another pair from the factory. I can't imagine so many people buying these at this price point.
At least they were honest and told you something was wrong. They probably didn't test them before they shot the video

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oh just wait. The gears will freeze and you’ll have a pair of $1000 nonlacing Mags sitting on your shelf. These electronics remind me of the Kenner electronics in the vintage Star Wars guns. Cheap motors that froze up after a year or so.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back