Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Will do, i plan on wearing these for the next 1-2 months or so until I have saved enough for my v4s which will be a nice early christmas gift to myself. As for the v4s I really don't plan on wearing them at all...will display and then maybe do a few reviews on them for David's site (sneakerahead.ru)

My first pair of V3.1s are coming from DHL today, plan on wearing for Halloween next week, also for the V4s I was quoted 1000$ through Western Union, since I have purchased over 10 pairs of v3 mags now... View attachment 768260
:)

Would this discount apply to all V4s you order or just the first one? If you're okay with it we could order through you to get this big discount.

Would this discount apply to all V4s you order or just the first one? If you're okay with it we could order through you to get this big discount.

I believe it applies to all my orders, I've been a customer with them for over a year spent alot on there shoes I have...
161474c57b6d44dd684443e52613a8d0.jpg
66bbd70ab6600c89f09334917f0fce23.jpg
80214b23e1e2e6cf9277f83ffd2e83cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be fine with that we will all save 400+ in the end...I'm contemplating pulling the trigger this Friday, I just got my youtube channel monotized, I would love to be one of the first to do a youtube review of these and get my channel on the map :) also a reddit review as well

I believe it applies to all my orders, I've been a customer with them for over a year spent alot on there shoes I have...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/161474c57b6d44dd684443e52613a8d0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/66bbd70ab6600c89f09334917f0fce23.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/80214b23e1e2e6cf9277f83ffd2e83cf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be fine with that we will all save 400+ in the end...I'm contemplating pulling the trigger this Friday, I just got my youtube channel monotized, I would love to be one of the first to do a youtube review of these and get my channel on the map :) also a reddit review as well
Nice! Do you think you can ask them to send a vid of them charging? I'm really eager to see if the lights blink or not. Also, $1000 with WU is for everyone. I was quoted the same, along with others on the Instagram comments

Sounds good, I felt special for a while, I'll ask for a video of them charging. I wonder if they are more durable, hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have both pairs so I can compare them both.

I believe it applies to all my orders, I've been a customer with them for over a year spent alot on there shoes I have...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/161474c57b6d44dd684443e52613a8d0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/66bbd70ab6600c89f09334917f0fce23.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/80214b23e1e2e6cf9277f83ffd2e83cf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Not to be a buzz kill, but I purchase a lot from China and have been buying shoes wholesale for over 10 years from factories down there, and the reality is that your not saving $400 dollars because these shoes are not worth $1400. Just like the v3 are really only worth $200-250 (and that leaves a fair amount of profit for the sellers) The auto-lacing mag is probably 'worth' $300 depending on what parts they used, maybe ($500 if they want to make profit off of the novelty of it all). The factory and or sellers are making a giant profit off of these shoes at $1000, and they still are not 1:1

-They still haven't tinted the soles blue, and I assume they are still using NON un-resistant rubber for the sole (which are now standard in Nikes/Jordan and easy to get in china). Hence how quickly these things go yellow. This is easy for even the most basic bootleg factories.

-The packaging is probably made out cheap materials, for this price the box should be sturdy. My v3's came with the top of the box sunk in from being poorly stored prior to shipping. The magnets were weak and didn't work well at all.

-The packaging is missing details like the light blue Spackle pattern on the inside of the box, and the Tinker Hatfield signature being red...(wtf is up with that?)

-I also assume they still haven't programmed the heel lights to blink and change during charging and auto-lacing like the real Mags (also very easy to do)

-Also I'm sure they will continue to upgrade and update the shoes after the initial batch is sent out. Meaning early adopters are paying more for an inferior product. obvious flaws will only get updated after enough complaints and refusals to purchase by their customer base.

With all of that being said, the only reason these things/details are not implemented is (not because they cant) because many Chinese manufactures are cheap and will many times cut as many corners as the market will allow. Also there is no telling if the electronic and mechanical parts are of any decent quality, at $1500 the parts and manufacturing should be very good, on par with the authentic Nike Mags.

I would purchase a pair of V4's (I can definitely afford it) but at the moment with all of the still glaring flaws/details that have not been fixed and the possibility of shoddy electronics, there is NO way these are worth anything near $1000. $1400 is laughable.

Don't believe the hype, these are will not be as limited as they say, if they say there are 300 pairs, there are or will be more.

A fair price for these would be around $700 given what the market has shown they would pay for the v3's.

Last edited:
Not to be a buzz kill, but I purchase a lot from China and have been buying shoes wholesale for over 10 years from factories down there, and the reality is that your not saving $400 dollars because these shoes are not worth $1400. Just like the v3 are really only worth $200-250 (and that leaves a fair amount of profit for the sellers) The auto-lacing mag is probably 'worth' $300 depending on what parts they used, maybe ($500 if they want to make profit off of the novelty of it all). The factory and or sellers are making a giant profit off of these shoes at $1000, and they still are not 1:1

-They still haven't tinted the soles blue, and I assume they are still using NON un-resistant rubber for the sole (which are now standard in Nikes/Jordan and easy to get in china). Hence how quickly these things go yellow. This is easy for even the most basic bootleg factories.

-The packaging is probably made out cheap materials, for this price the box should be sturdy. My v3's came with the top of the box sunk in from being poorly stored prior to shipping. The magnets were weak and didn't work well at all.

-The packaging is missing details like the light blue Spackle pattern on the inside of the box, and the Tinker Hatfield signature being red...(wtf is up with that?)

-I also assume they still haven't programmed the heel lights to blink and change during charging and auto-lacing like the real Mags (also very easy to do)

-Also I'm sure they will continue to upgrade and update the shoes after the initial batch is sent out. Meaning early adopters are paying more for an inferior product. obvious flaws will only get updated after enough complaints and refusals to purchase by their customer base.

With all of that being said, the only reason these things/details are not implemented is (not because they cant) because many Chinese manufactures are cheap and will many times cut as many corners as the market will allow. Also there is no telling if the electronic and mechanical parts are of any decent quality, at $1500 the parts and manufacturing should be very good, on par with the authentic Nike Mags.

I would purchase a pair of V4's (I can definitely afford it) but at the moment with all of the still glaring flaws/details that have not been fixed and the possibility of shoddy electronics, there is NO way these are worth anything near $1000. $1400 is laughable.

Don't believe the hype, these are will not be as limited as they say, if they say there are 300 pairs, there are or will be more.

A fair price for these would be around $700 given what the market has shown they would pay for the v3's.

I agree I mentioned the 700$ price in a prior post, I got my v3.1s today just in time for Halloween
b46c80966b8bddde313dbfd86129c297.jpg

+100 with your post but we have not choice atm, coz only chinese guy can make it :)
And when you ask to lower the price to buy them, well they do not want to.

Read This !!!
I ask about my "Nike Mag" have battery broken if is possible to make a exchange.
They say ok to make exchange only if i give a proof. So i give a proof to "Joyce" i send a video.
And i must pay again 100$ for recovered a new pair shoes against shoes have battery broken, LOL.
You see we really have no choice but to bend at their price
sad.png

I could negotiate to pay 1000$ by "Western Union" shoes "Powerlace" from "David" :p (Last Version)

Last edited:
+100 with your post but we have not choice atm, coz only chinese guy can make it :)
And when you ask to lower the price to buy them, well they do not want to.

Read This !!!
I ask about my "Nike Mag" have battery broken if is possible to make a exchange.
They say ok to make exchange only if i give a proof. So i give a proof to "Joyce" i send a video.
And i must pay again 100$ for recovered a new pair shoes against shoes have battery broken, LOL.
You see we really have no choice but to bend at their price https://www.therpf.com/images/styles/smilies/sad.png

I could negotiate to pay 1000$ by "Western Union" shoes "Powerlace" from "David" :p (Last Version)

My friend, there is always a choice, simply choose not to buy an inferior product at an outrageous price. And of course they do not want to lower the price, but with a lack of sales they will. That's what negotiation is all about, that's part of China's culture. People from the west need to realize that if you deal with Chinese sellers like western retail, the Chinese sellers will almost always overcharge you for an inferior/half-baked product. These seller's know you will buy, which is why they will overprice the item for 90% of you guys. The other 10% are one's that will demand a better price, or a superior product. Because it's not that you cant get great quality in China, because you can, but QC (quality control) is a huge part of what separates the western products from Chinese grey/black market products.

I've got to give it to David though, hes built a pretty good client base over here in the US, mainly due to having 'better' customer service than most of his contemporaries.

Last edited:
anyone know how much a round trip ticket to china costs?
i bet i can get them cheaper at a china flea market lol

but seriously
its true
for that price we shouldnt be worried about lights breaking
can someone tell david to make the el panels out of two parts so it does not break in the middle or something
and thicker wires too
these wires are a joke for so much movement

Last edited:
anyone know how much a round trip ticket to china costs?
i bet i can get them cheaper at a china flea market lol

but seriously
its true
for that price we shouldnt be worried about lights breaking
can someone tell david to make the el panels out of two parts so it does not break in the middle or something
and thicker wires too
these wires are a joke for so much movement

Exactly. The electronics in my 3 year old son's light up sandals and ninja turtle sneakers from Walmart ($20) has relatively better/more durable electronics in them... he runs and jumps in them and wears them constantly, even in the rain, and the lights are still holding up for the most part, months after wear. Now, nobody is expecting to be able to play basket ball in Air mags, but they should be manufactured well enough to endure casual wear without worrying about breaking wires or el panel at any of the price points they are being sold for.

And where do you want us to go buy them ?
If you have a adress for buy less, give me i take.
There is only "David" who sells these shoes, but he does not want to lower the price on "Nike Mag PL" he says he sell at a loss LOL

I even suggest selling them cheaper for he sell more shoes & he replied: NO :(
So we have not choice if we want "Nike Mag PL" coz only him can make shoes great quality.

So this chinese guy is very "CLEVER" XD

It's as if we are "Gollum" and him the "One Ring" (**my precious**)

One "Nike Mag PL" to rule them all, one "Nike Mag PL" to find them,
One "Nike Mag PL" to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

lol.gif

lol.gif

lol.gif

lol.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
And where do you want us to go buy them ?
If you have a adress for buy less, give me i take.
There is only "David" who sells these shoes, but he does not want to lower the price on "Nike Mag PL" he says he sell at a loss LOL

I even suggest selling them cheaper for he sell more shoes & he replied: NO :(
So we have not choice if we want "Nike Mag PL" coz only him can make shoes great quality.

So this chinese guy is very "CLEVER" XD

It's as if we are "Gollum" and him the "One Ring" (**my precious**)

One "Nike Mag PL" to rule them all, one "Nike Mag PL" to find them,
One "Nike Mag PL" to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
https://www.therpf.com/images/styles/smilies/lol.gifhttps://www.therpf.com/images/styles/smilies/lol.gifhttps://www.therpf.com/images/styles/smilies/lol.gifhttps://www.therpf.com/images/styles/smilies/lol.gif

Lets get one thing clear that EVERYONE needs to understand David is NOT the manufacture, nor does he own a factory, he is a DISTRIBUTOR, aka the middle man. And David is not the only distributor, but he is one of the best in terms of reputation, being reliable and has decent communication a good site, and a decent team, that give good customer service (in comparison to other Chinese seller). This make him easy to work with compared to other sellers. David also is good because he stay on top of the best versions of products coming out of the factories, and he keeps his customers updated, with the latest models and revisions. While other sellers don't or can't be bothered with such details.

I have a few other sellers on my WeChat who also can get the Power Lacing Mags, but you have to be able to communicate in Chinese, or deal with the all of the other details of buying directly through them. i can do that, but many people don't have the patience to learn how it all works. The truth is David may not be in total control of the pricing, the factory may be dictating some of the price, and again if no one buys them, the factory will either lower the price, or stop making them.

If you really want them, buy them! Just realize that it's supply and demand, so if your willing to shell out $1400 just be aware that you're being charged a great mark up ($3-$400). If that's not a problem, and you just gotta have them then buy them! I'm just saying I won't buy them until they A: fix the damn flaws (tint the soles blue, use uv resistant rubber, program the pcb for lighting effects like the authentic, etc...) or B: Lower the price to match the fact that this is a replica/grey/black market item with flaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've finally decided to bite the bullet and replace the soles and broken lights in my wear pair.
I used a fan heater to gently warm the sole, which allowed me to prise off the original, as seen in following pics. The roll of tape to angle the shoe allowed the air to flow all over the part i wanted to remove. This was done in various stages, slowly and with slightly burnt thumbs, but the rubber remained intact.
Then, once I got the sole off, I've begun gluing on the GITD piece I got from @cavx and the clear sole I got from @WizardBTTF.
The gluing will be done in small amounts at a time to make sure everything lines up, there's enough glue on it, and so on.
Anyone thinking you can do both soles in an afternoon has more talent than me - I haven't even started the right shoe :D I'm in no rush.
should've done this a long time ago.
Unfortunately the strap logo replacement didn't turn out as neat as I'd hoped.

IMG_20171024_174142.jpgIMG_20171024_174736.jpgIMG_20171024_175241.jpgIMG_20171024_174209.jpgIMG_20171024_180449.jpgIMG_20171024_174234.jpg

Last edited:
I agree for the price we pay whether 400$ or 1400$ the shoes do need more durability, for all intensive purposes I've had multiple pair and the only ones thats lights lasted where the ones that didn't get worn, for the price we pay we should be able to play basketball in them or do any other activity necessary. In conclusion I'm not content with not having the blue tinted soles, I'm almost at the point where I would order the v4 but I need the soles tinted blue! I'm not confident enough to do it myself!
Exactly. The electronics in my 3 year old son's light up sandals and ninja turtle sneakers from Walmart ($20) has relatively better/more durable electronics in them... he runs and jumps in them and wears them constantly, even in the rain, and the lights are still holding up for the most part, months after wear. Now, nobody is expecting to be able to play basket ball in Air mags, but they should be manufactured well enough to endure casual wear without worrying about breaking wires or el panel at any of the price points they are being sold for.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back