Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Like MAGs, I am sure there is a mod thread on these shoes as well. It is funny how the Vandals made their way into several films, yet were just a regular found 1980's canvas shoe. Now they hailed as a collectable. At least the MAG was a custom make for the one movie.
90$... I'm in ! Where can I get them ?

It’s like The Godfather. Every time I say I’m done repairing these shoes, someone pays me more to do it. Lol. Two pair of right shoes both with bad charge port soldering. After opening them up, resoldering the tiny points, I add epoxy to the charge port to keep it in place for good. If they would’ve done this from the beginning, No one would have this issue.

AB65290B-B099-45F1-83D7-5D26B3DCC263.jpegC29F5975-C4C1-47DD-B336-AD926916F3C8.jpeg859DEC23-F5D4-46EC-A31E-D55A7A805E96.jpeg

On one of the pairs of shoes that I am fixing, the owner had let the Velcro get crumpled and move. This drove me crazy and though he didn’t ask me to fix it, I had to. Along with removing a couple of stains from the strap.

CD378676-BB27-4065-BCB4-2C58D7BF8161.jpegA627CA3F-AF64-4DEB-B1D0-B54F24058B39.jpeg20F6D025-72B9-41FC-A483-55A7103B76FA.jpegDBFFF5A9-96C8-423C-B24E-24E3A4C1FEDA.jpeg

cavx all I did was heat up the Velcro with a hairdryer a little and pull it off. Then I used a Dremel to carefully remove all the excess glue on the strap from the original Velcro, then attach new Velcro with Loctite

Last edited by a moderator:
@cavx all I did was heat up the Velcro with a hairdryer a little and pull it off. Then I used a Dremel to carefully remove all the excess glue on the strap from the original Velcro, then attach new Velcro with Loctite

That is what I thought. The glue used to hold on the velcro is quite soft and last summer, it melted on my pair which I then had to reglue using Tarzan's Grip Gel.

Not sure what glue they have used to fuse the 2 sides of the strap, but wow, that stuff didn't want to let go.

It’s like The Godfather. Every time I say I’m done repairing these shoes, someone pays me more to do it. Lol. Two pair of right shoes both with bad charge port soldering. After opening them up, resoldering the tiny points, I add epoxy to the charge port to keep it in place for good. If they would’ve done this from the beginning, No one would have this issue.

View attachment 766987View attachment 766986View attachment 766985

sometimes its not repairable. like when the port completely falls off and there is no good place to resolder. in that case a new charge port board is needed.

sometimes its not repairable. like when the port completely falls off and there is no good place to resolder. in that case a new charge port board is needed.

Are you just stating this for others or did you think I didn’t know this? Lol

Nope,
Had too much on at work lately. Maybe this weekend if I have more than one day off this week.

Yeah I know that feeling. Probably best though with Christmas and stuff coming up :)

Was just curious if you were going to attempt the strap delamination or just cut the back out to fit the strap logo. If I had to do another pair, I'd just cut the back out. That glue they used is just seriously crazy stuff. Thank the gods the soles are not glued on using that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back