Bandai release schedule

G'day gang , thought I'd share this if anyone's still trying to purchase the 1/72 bandai perfect grade MF ( especially in Europe ) . @ ' sakurajapanstore ' - eBay site has them in stock for US$578 . Sorry can't link info directly ( don't know how ) . They provide free international shipping as well .
I'm not affiliated with them , though I do have their site ' bookmarked ' for other bandai kits .

Cheers Ged

G'day gang , thought I'd share this if anyone's still trying to purchase the 1/72 bandai perfect grade MF ( especially in Europe ) . @ ' sakurajapanstore ' - eBay site has them in stock for US$578 . Sorry can't link info directly ( don't know how ) . They provide free international shipping as well .
I'm not affiliated with them , though I do have their site ' bookmarked ' for other bandai kits .

Cheers Ged

Thanks Ged. It's been a while since I looked, but that may possibly be the best price for us UK'ers so far. Might pull the trigger on this one.

Last edited:
A look at Poe's Boosted X-wing and the Stormtrooper Executioner:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/447465/

ep8_poesXwing_image1.jpg

ep8_stormtrooper_action021.jpg

I like the Extra Engine, very subtle and looks like a real modification thats been retro fitted :)
That's the thing I like about it most. With the straps and hoses and such it looks like the Rebels slapped it on as best they could with the limited supplies they had on-hand, and maybe so it could be easily jettisoned/discarded after it has served it's purpose.

Does that mean it's gong to be a 1/350 kit (or just a non-scale) rather than a 1/144?

i.e the AT-AT and the Rogue One U-wing set was specifically given a 1/144 listing and not part of the mecha collection

On the plus side. It looks worlds better than the Revell kit or anything other toy we have seen to date

I kind of like it :eek

I kind of like it :eek

Not my favourite by any stretch, but I kind of like it as a VM kit too. These are always very affordable and fun to build/paint. It would probably help if it was posed a bit differently than what it’s like in the pic. Reckon it will just be box scale.

TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan,....Gregg over at StarshipModeler,....posted this report

TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan post_id=1707359 time=1506783450 user_id=13198 said:
I attended the event only on Friday. But since it was closed to the general public, it was a rather productive day and I had some great conversations. I spoke with someone responsible for the SW products, Mr. Nagasawa. I could tell he was a true Star Wars fan, and we ended up talking about a lot of other stuff. As far as the topic at hand, he assured me that he has heard a lot of requests for a 1:72 TIE Bomber and B-Wing. I suggested that it may be possible that they could re-use the molds for the Darth Vader TIE, because I do know that the movie prop was made from the old MPC Vader TIE model. He said he'd have to check on the actual proportions though. It's my opinion that this subject would be more well-received than the TIE Striker. Maybe that is why they seem a bit more hesitant about the Last Jedi models. We're getting a slightly retooled version of Poe's X-Wing, a slightly retooled Stormtrooper, a Vehicle Collection nu-AT-AT (which looks better than the considerably larger Revell one I built recently), etc.

As far as the B-Wing, he said that he's already given thought about how to make the S-foils lock for attack position, the swiveling cockpit, etc. He said that because it is so large, it would have to be a bit more expensive than the other 1:72 kits, and would be priced and packaged similarly to the 1:144 Falcon and Slave I and their larger boxes. He liked the idea of doing a shuttle, and I said that a Snowtrooper would look great along the other Stormtroopers they have come out with. (Not a fan of the prequels, I do think that the Greivous kit is cool and I do think the character looks cool, but doing a Yoda figure, IMHO, wasn't a good idea. But that's just me.) And as we talked about the droids, I mentioned that there are so many more than just Gonk and the Probe Droid, such as the cone-headed astromechs and such. He mentioned the Mouse Droid too. I said that such things would go well as a set.

And as for 1:48 scale, I asked him if they'd consider releasing the X-Wing without the motorized gimmick. I told him that I would be more likely to get one because I'd rather do the lighting myself, and that others would like the larger scale but not bother with lights. I suggested that if they do a Y that they could skip all the sound and light gimmick.

We also talked about the Star Destroyer. I know Brian had talked with them about the same thing, speaking with the head Star Wars guy at Bandai (I cannot recall his name). Zvezda certainly jumped their train with that one, but I told him that Bandai's high level of intricacy could produce a kit that's even more faithful to the movie. Perhaps even having optional parts to build it as either the Devastator or the Avenger.

So on the subject of the Corellian Corvette, I got him to agree that at least a Vehicle Collection version would be a good idea, at least to start with. He asked me if there's much interest in models of the larger ships from my circles and I said yes.

Exciting things ahead!!

J

Using parts from the Vader TIE really won't work, the MPC TIE was not accurate to the movie model. A proper TIE Bomber requires the inaccurate parts.

Using parts from the Vader TIE really won't work, the MPC TIE was not accurate to the movie model. A proper TIE Bomber requires the inaccurate parts.

In addition the border around the solar panels was extended, so definitely a no-go.

Still the B-wing sound hopeful.

I thought they used the wings from the MPC Vader TIE, but with extensions and parts from the Karl Morser?

TazMan2000

I thought they used the wings from the MPC Vader TIE, but with extensions and parts from the Karl Morser?

TazMan2000

Yes, but the MPC TIE was not accurate to the Vader TIE filming model. The Bandai TIE is accurate so it would not be correct to use it's parts for the TIE Bomber. An Accurate TIE Bomber requires the inaccurate MPC parts.

It's the same reason you need an original large box AMT Enterprise to make an accurate Constellation.

Sounds like we'll see a B-wing before a TIE bomber--I'm fine with that. Let's just hope Bandai keeps cranking stuff out; it is frustrating they've devoted so much energy to the figure kits but with the 1/72 Falcon coming out and discussion of a B-wing it's clear that ships aren't going to be neglected going forward. I think we'll just wind up paying more for them.

Yes, but the MPC TIE was not accurate to the Vader TIE filming model. The Bandai TIE is accurate so it would not be correct to use it's parts for the TIE Bomber. An Accurate TIE Bomber requires the inaccurate MPC parts.

Oops, that's right. They would have to redesign everything. But if Bandai just did the extensions and redid the inner wings of their present DV TIE to accommodate the Bomber, I would accept that.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back