Spectral 2016

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been waiting for Spectral to come out ever since i09 posted an article about it months ago. It turned out to be really good! It has kind of an supernatural "Aliens" feel to it. The movie is filled with awesome props, especially the spotlight. I'm looking online to find some good reference photos of any of the props used. It's on Netflix right now too

IMG_9042.JPG IMG_9048.JPGIMG_9049.JPG

Watched this last night and was suitably impressed. They put alot of effort into the props for this movie - and it was pretty damn impressive!

Their rifles reminded me of painted Nerf guns. Don't get me wrong, I think they were badass

- - - Updated - - -

I need to make the visor setup they had on their helmets. I made an RPF account just for this movie!

Hopefully some reference photos will show up soon

I caught it on Netflix and I have to say the props and costuming department really knocked it out of the park! I had to watch the credits to see who did the props. Then the name WETA came up and it all made sense. It has their feel and attention to detail in the weapons and other pieces. It also has that gritty, banged up style that they seem to love so much. I wonder if they will post some production art? They are usually very good about sharing some prop pics and design drawings.

mercureyx, I must say good job, I was worried it was going to be a "portal to hell" ending ala. event horizon, was pleasantly surprised when it was otherwise.
Also loved the improvised weapons in the factory scenes.

As for plot holes, since it pertains to the props in question, the one that bugged me the most was building 10 squads worth of state of the art energy weapons from surplus equipment in one night?!? Though, I'm guessing scripts are a bit like software, what goes into production often has parts you would like to rewrite?

Though I did get a good laugh from the scene of the guy taking to "precision" optics with a hand held electric screw driver like a chippy to drywall...

I agree with Gungnir, I, too want to build the helmet visor, shown in the opening scene when the soldier first discovers the spectral. Any help?

Wow those are some serious pieces of hardware.

Will add this to my watch list, (probably have to set to an evening when the wife is out)

Just watched it.

This movie was a prop-builder's paradise. Really impressive hardware, it was by far the best part of the film.

I was caught off guard by this movie. I came in thinking it was going to be like a Syfy original, but instead it wasn't just good, it was a great movie! The plot was cool and original. It picked a lot of things from genres that I love; eerie creatures,gritty battle scenes, a kind of outbreak/apocalyptic scenario and the origin of the creatures was better then I could have hoped for! I was afraid it was going to be some overused explanation or simply a...Mcguffin scenario. And of course the props were awesome. I also was a big fan of the Darpa robots with the mounted guns.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back