My Watchmen Halloween costume(s)

PrimoOptimoso

Sr Member
Continuing the "hey I'm new here, here's what I've done" - feel free to stop me if you like - I'd like to share my Watchmen stuff from a couple Halloweens ago. The Comedian is all me, but I also helped a bit in the design and build of my girl's Silk Spectre I (Sally Jupiter) costume.

Note: I don't think I have pics, but halfway through my party, I changed into the bathrobe with bloody smiley pin, freshly-thrashed Comedian look =0)

Fancy lighting effects by a photog friend of ours:
IMG_0421.jpg

Candid shot that best shows most of the Silk Spectre costume:
100_0012.jpg

Holy **** CR that was you! Your costume was essentially the pattern for hers, as it was the best cosplay version we could find! We couldn't find the same material for the yellow, though, woulda been better.

Ignore the bumbling version of me in the second pic, i dont know what I was doing to make that horrible position happen :)

LOL, thank you! And I actually ordered my chiffon online from a seller whom I don't think sells anymore :\. BUT, if you have a Hobby Lobby in the area, they have the PERFECT golden yellow chiffon in their fabric section!

Good work all around!

Thanks for digging my Comedian, guys. You can't see it in the pictures because it's all black, but I actually have the armor plating on the underside of the shirt as well - just craft foam with the ribbed shirt spray-glued down to follow the form.

The sad belt buckle was not thick enough to stay flat - also craft foam.

oh yeah: I wear the robe with the bloody pin as my everyday bathrobe =0)

Necro Alert:
attachment.php

I just watched TW, yet again and had to say how cool this costume looks, as well as CelticRuins! This a couples costume that is on my list for the near future, awesome job! I especially like the idea of the bathrobe change, one of the PITAs of armored costumes is the comfort for long wear. Changing clothes but staying in character? Very Well done (and what's more comfortable than a bathrobe! :lol ). :cool:thumbsup

Attachments

• NecroThread.jpg
    NecroThread.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 7,606
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back