BB8 Replica

t2sides

Master Member
Almost done with this little fella. It's a Studio Scale Static display that still needs to add some light weathering and drop in the LED lights and synchronized sound card.
This is a 3D printed head, extensively sanded, smoothed and finished. The body is two CQP 20" half spheres joined together, with "Plan-B" decals applied. Weathering is mostly acrylics applied with a small sponge. Interesting when compared to the actual how off in size the decals are and some of the details. BUT, it still looks pretty cool in the collection.
Thanks,
Sean
BB5.jpgBB6.jpgBB4.jpgbb3.jpgBB2.jpgBB1.jpg

Love this build! One of the best I've seen!

I especially appreciate the color matching between head and body...and the weathering is fantastic!!

Was this 3-d printed with the designs engraved? or did you stencil it yourself?...I see you said stencils but I'm not to sure what part your referring to...I'm making one from scratch and I'm trying to find accurate template, any advise would greatly be appreciated...thanks...

ill guess the files are from BB-8 Builders Club and the runs there.

I've joined the BB-8 builders group and I have posted on a few different forums...It's a very slow forum / site from what I'm used to...it's been 2 weeks and not one person has responded to any of my posts or questions...

Almost done with this little fella. It's a Studio Scale Static display that still needs to add some light weathering and drop in the LED lights and synchronized sound card.
This is a 3D printed head, extensively sanded, smoothed and finished. The body is two CQP 20" half spheres joined together, with "Plan-B" decals applied. Weathering is mostly acrylics applied with a small sponge. Interesting when compared to the actual how off in size the decals are and some of the details. BUT, it still looks pretty cool in the collection.
Thanks,
Sean
View attachment 655796View attachment 655795View attachment 655797View attachment 655798View attachment 655799View attachment 655800

I have joined the BB-8 Builders site...and all the links for the "Plan b" decal don't work any more...I've posted on some of the forums and no one is replying?...Do you have a valid link for the "plan b" decals...you can send me a PM if needed...thanks...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back