Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

web_Black_Series_Helmet041.jpg

Maybye a propotype on the box but still :) Its great.

Its a nice helmet, for a great price but...its not for me. Just cant get on with the perfect symmetry and even the cleaned up rectangular ear details dont appeal. However, its great that people can have the chance to own these.

On another note ( and i know this a typical OT snob talking ) it just doesnt fit in with the films for me. I know, i know -times have changed and nothing needs to be hand moulded anymore, but i really think the OT feeling is disappearing more and more.

TPM - Perfect, precise props
AOTC- Perfect precise props, with Clones getting their debut.
ROTS - Perfect, slightly altered clones etc
Rogue One - Perfect symmetry and lines.
ANH - scratch made, hand built/sculpted work
ESB- same again
ROTJ - Few adjustments but still the same
And thenTFA - perfect, lines and symmetry.

Why did the human race invent CGI and 3d printing??? Did they not know that Star Wars would suffer??? Even moreso after the PT ;)

Ahh sod it, im just a moaning old git :)

Enjoy the helmet guys :)

Heck, I remember when I was a kid fantasizing about owning (what I now know is) a POS Rubies stormy. I was middle-aged before I bought an eFX PCR, threw in a FenixProps liner and dark green lenses and a voice changer and before you know it I'm bit by the bug and on this forum.

The next generation is lucky to have new SW movies and bitchin' toys. If I have my way, my eventual grandkids will run around wearing SW helmets and whacking each other with lightsabers... so yeah, enjoy the helmet guys. :) It's a good time to be a SW fan.

Its a nice helmet, for a great price but...its not for me. Just cant get on with the perfect symmetry and even the cleaned up rectangular ear details dont appeal. However, its great that people can have the chance to own these.

On another note ( and i know this a typical OT snob talking ) it just doesnt fit in with the films for me. I know, i know -times have changed and nothing needs to be hand moulded anymore, but i really think the OT feeling is disappearing more and more.

TPM - Perfect, precise props
AOTC- Perfect precise props, with Clones getting their debut.
ROTS - Perfect, slightly altered clones etc
Rogue One - Perfect symmetry and lines.
ANH - scratch made, hand built/sculpted work
ESB- same again
ROTJ - Few adjustments but still the same
And thenTFA - perfect, lines and symmetry.

Why did the human race invent CGI and 3d printing??? Did they not know that Star Wars would suffer??? Even moreso after the PT ;)

Ahh sod it, im just a moaning old git :)

Enjoy the helmet guys :)
I can understand the rebellion and other groups having older, beat up, patched up equipment, but why would the Empire or republic have anything for the thousands of troops that doesn't look mass produced in a factory? I understand the original props were sculpted by hand, but in universe I don't think it makes sense.

The republic mass produced the soldiers in factories. I would certainly think the armor would be too.

It's a similar theme to Lord of the Rings. Lower tech underdogs resisting the mighty industrial machine.

Many people buying a Stormtrooper helmet at a toy store would be pretty disappointed if the product was actually screen accurate from the OT. They would complain about it being flimsy and warped. They expect something more like the efx PCR even though it isn't very accurate. Now they can get one that meets their expectations and is pretty screen accurate for at least one film. Most won't even notice it is different than the OT helmets.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

It costs more, but there are people that make stands with different logos routed out of the base and others that sell stickers of the logos. Search the classifieds section.

It costs more, but there are people that make stands with different logos routed out of the base and others that sell stickers of the logos. Search the classifieds section.

yes i saw that, very talented guys. i was just looking for a cheap alternative for now. thank you though, i defiantly want some of pastorjedi's saber display stands!!

I'm super excited about the release of these affordable items after all these years. Couldn't have come at a worse time for me as I'm in the letter stages of sculpting my own helmet reading for moulding and casting! Doh!

I do understand what people are saying with the OT helmet/armour design. The old design in general had a more organic lived in feel to it than what we see in the new movies. The wear and tear look of the originals adds to the feeling that this person has been wearing this armour for some time and has even had to affect a few repairs where needed. The look of the new armours are more sterile and clean but I still love the design of them and it won't detract from my enjoyment of the movies one jot!

I can understand the rebellion and other groups having older, beat up, patched up equipment, but why would the Empire or republic have anything for the thousands of troops that doesn't look mass produced in a factory? I understand the original props were sculpted by hand, but in universe I don't think it makes sense.

The republic mass produced the soldiers in factories. I would certainly think the armor would be too.

It's a similar theme to Lord of the Rings. Lower tech underdogs resisting the mighty industrial machine.

Many people buying a Stormtrooper helmet at a toy store would be pretty disappointed if the product was actually screen accurate from the OT. They would complain about it being flimsy and warped. They expect something more like the efx PCR even though it isn't very accurate. Now they can get one that meets their expectations and is pretty screen accurate for at least one film. Most won't even notice it is different than the OT helmets.

OT helmets with all the warts and dings won't be able to stand the scrutiny of today's hi-def standards, no discussion about it, so IMO it was a good choice to make the perfect R1 helmets. And of course there are people who love these R1 lids. But for a few of us the wonky OT buckets are still the ones and only, no matter if they would truly fit in-universe or not. They were the ones present in the SW movie(s) that started it all, and that is enough for us.

I'm super excited about the release of these affordable items after all these years. Couldn't have come at a worse time for me as I'm in the letter stages of sculpting my own helmet reading for moulding and casting! Doh!

I do understand what people are saying with the OT helmet/armour design. The old design in general had a more organic lived in feel to it than what we see in the new movies. The wear and tear look of the originals adds to the feeling that this person has been wearing this armour for some time and has even had to affect a few repairs where needed. The look of the new armours are more sterile and clean but I still love the design of them and it won't detract from my enjoyment of the movies one jot!
Unfortunately some of the wear and tear on the originals were modifications needed so the actor/stunt person could move more comfortably. The OT design looks good, but it isn't very practical for being a soldier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OT helmets with all the warts and dings won't be able to stand the scrutiny of today's hi-def standards, no discussion about it, so IMO it was a good choice to make the perfect R1 helmets. And of course there are people who love these R1 lids. But for a few of us the wonky OT buckets are still the ones and only, no matter if they would truly fit in-universe or not. They were the ones present in the SW movie(s) that started it all, and that is enough for us.
I like them both. I would really like a helmet with more of the shape of the OT and the details of the R1. Unfortunately that isn't screen accurate.

I wonder long term which will continue to be made available to purchase. I'd be surprised if both OT and R1 are produced ongoing by the same manufacturer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ummmm....do you think they will do a Vader..........

Is the RO Vader symmetrical?If so it could be.But when they used a real ANH-fiberglass copy with all the correct flaws I think not from Hasbro.
And I hope they used a real cast and NOT a 3D printed Vadermask!

I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials so I don't care personally about any idealized or symmetrical helmet. And no, Rogue one is not OT in my books. Get it now? ;)

Of course Rogue One is not OT...because a thrilogie is three...! But It's a missing link that fits super into the same time frame as ANH! I have high hopes...and I will get a helmet ;-) Might pimp it a bit inside and for sure wil use it for parachute jumping once in a while;-)

cheers
Uwe

"wear and tear look" can be achieved by either heavy re-enacting or by using model builder techniques. I am sure we will se a lot of beatifully aged Hasbro helmets in a not too distant future...mine for example ;-)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back