Prop store auction - Qui-Gon Jinn's saber

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi,
I'm following the prop store auction with a lot of interest this time, lots of amazing items there.
I'm a bit confused by some props though and also surprised that no one is discussing them. Maybe to avoid drawing too much interest to the lots and I’m really sorry if it's that.

I'm super curious about the Darth Vader helmet and what more experienced people have to say about it. But I am also curious about the Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsaber. There isn't much explanation if it's a Hero or a Stunt; it just says "Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsaber". I'm not super knowledgeable about the props from the sequel trilogy and I think I saw pictures where the metallic parts were looking more like actual metal and the black parts had a shine more like machined material and not just crudely painted. Does this makes this one a stunt or was there only one version of that weapon?

img01.jpg

thanks a lot for your valuable intel and don't hesitate to discuss other star wars lots if you will. :)

It looks like some parts are maybe resin. I say that because it looks like there were some bubbles in the cast. That probably doesnt help and I could be wrong.

the description says:
Made of resin, the lightsaber hilt features ribbed detailing running from the blade emitter down to the base — which acts as a grip — and a round blade projection plate at the top. A round activator switch protrudes from one side and displays remnants of red metallic paint. The hilt is finished in a combination of black and metallic faux-silver paint.

it's clearly painted with visible paint drips. looking forward to what other people will say! :) :thumbsup

I totally missed this! Looks like a resin stunt of some kind. The real hero has a rusty emitter plate because it was one of the only parts that wasn't aluminum

thanks a lot for your input! I'm really surprised that they don't explain the lots better. I guess only people that have the right knowledge should buy those but when you read the description it's like it's the only Qui-Gon's lightsaber.

I'm going to try to find pictures of the hero prop. I have a collage that parfaite lumiere did but don't see any rust on it. I'm curious to see more pictures.

Sorry to go off topic, but I've been thinking about this lately and I'm curious...

I noticed the little death star tile from ANH in the last auction, and it went for 2500 pounds.

I also have one of these tiles, and I'm pretty sure it's genuine, as it's made of the same biscuit foam and has the same paint as well, it looks like.

How do I go about submitting this thing for auction?
7cb66039d03da7aa20d207946198f728.jpg
deb8ead643e588f2d49c319a489b8f87.jpg
46ef03fcc5276b06331700e32eeac4e2.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

How do I go about submitting this thing for auction?

As I understand it, everything for auction has already been purchased by the prop store. I would simply contact them to see if it is an item they are interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so it might be a better idea to just throw this thing up on eBay.

I should probably get it "authenticated" first, I suppose. Guess I'll need to figure out who to contact about that.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I know that there isn't a whole lot of love for the "skinnyflex". But I love that thing to death. I really hope someone turns out a nice replica some day.

maybe I'm mistaken but I think that KR sabers currently has some in stock. :)

maybe I'm mistaken but I think that KR sabers currently has some in stock. :)

Different skinny flex, KRs is a super slim stunt version. Something they came up on their own, which I personally love

I love the ep3 skinny flex as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that there isn't a whole lot of love for the "skinnyflex". But I love that thing to death. I really hope someone turns out a nice replica some day.

There are 3 runs going on at the moment - Ultimate Works, 7 Chambers/JQ, and Wonderful Sabers all have projects that will be coming out in the next few months. Best way is to check their FB pages.

There are 3 runs going on at the moment - Ultimate Works, 7 Chambers/JQ, and Wonderful Sabers all have projects that will be coming out in the next few months. Best way is to check their FB pages.

Oh wow! And 7 Chambers is doing a accurate Hero with uneven rings! It looks like I'm going to miss them all though :( . As I just got one of KR Sabers V2s and just don't have the money.

I went and had a quick look at the exhibition today - loads of crazy stuff there!

Attachments

• IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1601.JPG
    IMG_1601.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1607.JPG
    IMG_1607.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1604.JPG
    IMG_1604.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 172
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back