eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

The lenses may have been scratched LIGHTLY to get the piece closer in apearance to the screen used helmet, give the whole thing a "used" feel. I was going to remove the sratches on my lenses with Novus #2 but felt to me the scratches were done on purpose, they're more visible in photos than in person.

that's too bad man..yeah mine didn't have those dents in the nose and the eye brow. definitely have efx replace it for you..and dont worry if its a different number because the numbers are meaningless anyway..:)

The lenses may have been scratched LIGHTLY to get the piece closer in apearance to the screen used helmet, give the whole thing a "used" feel. I was going to remove the sratches on my lenses with Novus #2 but felt to me the scratches were done on purpose, they're more visible in photos than in person.

That's not correct... Byran told me that they all scratched during vacforming... due to it being a very delicate material that was very similar to the originals. They felt that the scratches were an OK pay off for the material being closer to the original helmet?

No one would scratch lenses on purpose :unsure

H

Much like they wouldn't simulate a scratch on the cheek. :)

So you think the lenses on the originals were scratched? I know what your saying, but even for a reliced/aged helmet I would want to have clean lenses?

About the vacforming issues... this is what Bryan told me after I asked about the scratches? So they had all intentions in making them clean.

H

No way of knowing. However based on the on-screen condition of everything else, I wouldn't be surprised if the lenses were scratched.

You guys are missing what info I passed on... EFX wanted these clean and when they came out scrathed they admitted the delicate material was the reason for the issues? SO, this was NOT done on purpose?

I am not too freaked out about the lenses... just passing on some info ;)

I should always learn to stay clear of Vader or Trooper threads... Nevermind :lol

H

Not sure what you guys paid for your helmets but i seen one sell for huge money on Ebay
a week ago . seems like it was a good investment :)

No way of knowing. However based on the on-screen condition of everything else, I wouldn't be surprised if the lenses were scratched.
I get that feeling, look closely at Ginos' samples even from China you can see fine scratches on those lenses as well.

Its certainly not a deal breaker,but I was hoping the Limited wouldn't have those scracted lenses. They do always pop out to me when I see the pics. I will say the color appears to be the best I've seen IMO...just wish they were clear. Its just like swirl marks on a car or any other painted surface. I've had those marks on Vader bucket lenses before,but only from polishing trying to clean them, not new right out of the box. Oh well, can't have it all,but for $800 to $1000............ we have the right to be critical.

Not sure what you guys paid for your helmets but i seen one sell for huge money on Ebay
a week ago . seems like it was a good investment :)

Dear God..., what a blasphemy of English...!!!
You didn't "seen" anything... You saw...SAW...SAW one...!!! :lol :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back