"Must-Have" Star Wars props.

Re: "Must-Have" Star Wars props.

My holy grail was definitely R2. Ever since seeing him on Sesame Street when I was 4 years old and realized it was a real thing (in my 4 year old mind, movies were fake and tv was real) I wanted my very own. I made cardboard ones and drew him all the time. Fast forward 36 years and my son and I built an all aluminum one and it's my absolute favorite thing ever.
I made him to be durable so the kids can play with him without me worrying about anything being damaged. They go nuts over him.
View attachment 835666
Good God, that's pretty! Great looking R2, and it's gotta partly be the photograph. It's just a really nice looking picture!

I guess I should participate, as well.

Hmm, this is gonna take some thinking... Now if this is stuff we DON'T already have, then here's my list:

Star Wars

Weapon: Stormtrooper rifle from real Sterling. Deactivated is totally fine with me.

Costume Piece: Luke's ceremonial jacket or Ponda Baba's jacket or Greedo's jacket. You know, THAT jacket. I guess I like the Greedo color scheme the best, now that I think about it.

Model: T-16 on the tripod stand.

Set Piece: Luke's Landspeeder. That counts, right?

Misc: I've already got the Macros, so I'd have to say Gaffi stick.

.... To be continued!

Last edited:
There's generally a few tiers of must have props for Star Wars fans.

1. A lightsaber, whether it's your favorite Jedi or Sith, or if you prefer to go custom design, it's probably up there
2. A blaster, which is probably up there in terms of desirability with lightsabers. Some are more iconic than others sure, but there's some great designs
3. A bucket/helmet, whether it's Vader, Boba, Kylo, or some grunt ground forces or pilot.
4. A wearable, with the advent of sometimes Anovos offerings, fellow RPF makers, and even manufacturers like Po-Zu, I've seen Star Wars clothing worn on everyday occasions. We've come a long way from just logo t-shirts. Jewelry should be included here as well.
5. Décor, like static droids, Han in Carbonite, Death Star trench panels, that ice cream maker from ESB, stuff that just looks cool on a wall or just standing there.

There's so many more things, like actual movable droids, vehicles, macguffins (like in Rogue One), etc, it's hard keeping track of the must haves. I currently have at least one of the first 4 I've listed. And it probably won't stop there.

Grail prop: real parts Obi-Wan ANH lightsaber. But I could get a car with that, so I'll probably not get one barring some kind of lottery win. I'll stick with the more affordable replica.

I took this as meaning "If you could only have one, which would it be?" But if I was forced to choose the single prop that best says Star Wars, it would have to be Luke's ANH lightsaber.
I took the subject to mean "Which props should every Star Wars prop collector have?".

And yes, to that I would also answer Luke's lightsaber — any variation, or several variations, or all of them.

Other franchises have robots and guns and space ships and helmets but the quintessential Star Wars prop is the lightsaber.
This particular lightsaber is the first one shown on screen, and it is also the only item seen in all three trilogies: from young Anakin to Rey. (unless you count droids as items, but I don't)

its probably the only reason why i throw in the last jedi bluray...

Bluray? so 32 minutes of ads, warnings and menus for a shot of a compass?!?

Hardcore.:lol

For myself I wanted all the lightsabers (ANH ESB ROTJ TFA TLJ)

Two helmets (Stormtrooper and Kylo - thought still no good kylo)

Han in Carbonite (Have most of the parts... don't have the room anymore)

Hans ANH blaster and an E11 (sooooon)

And a full scale Gronk and R2 (no room anymore... but still have my Gonk figures collection and just picked up a tiny R2)

Everything else is just bonus!

But yeah, if you don't have Luke's ANH saber, seems blasphemous.

And a full scale Gronk...

He seems like an annoying party bro, but whatever floats your boat. :lol ;)

My must haves would be a real Sterling Stormtrooper rifle - check
ANH Han Solo Blaster
Boba Fett blaster, real Webley
All lightsabers, minus Sequel versions

Everything else is a bonus. :)lol saw you said the same thing)

And a full scale Gronk and R2 (no room anymore... but still have my Gonk figures collection and just picked up a tiny R2)

Everything else is just bonus!

But yeah, if you don't have Luke's ANH saber, seems blasphemous.

I finally started working on my gonk again. Had to add a steel base plate to the body, as the last attempt to mount the legs managed to crack the bottom of the tote. So now he's much better, and so much more stable.

Just need to paint him, finish the wiring, and plug him in.

Though, he's not a screen accurate gonk, more like a slightly different model. But still obviously a gonk.

I have an Anakin saber, just need to paint and weather that one, too. Eventually I'll get a real Graflex, and replace the 3d print one that I have.

Last edited:
He seems like an annoying party bro, but whatever floats your boat. :lol ;)

My must haves would be a real Sterling Stormtrooper rifle - check
ANH Han Solo Blaster
Boba Fett blaster, real Webley
All lightsabers, minus Sequel versions

Everything else is a bonus. :)lol saw you said the same thing)

Wow... A typo I had to google... “who was Gronk?”

Party bro seems correct. I’ll do a Gonk instead.

For me, it's also R2-D2. I just want a display piece with some lights and sounds. RC controls would be cool but i know it would never leave my display room so it really would be a waste. My skill and patience level keeps DIY from being an option. And although, I have a lot of money in my current prop replica collection, I just can't get myself to pay the money it would be to buy a finished piece.

I’ve collected a lot of Star Wars stuff. Force FX lightsabers, legacy collection falcon(still collecting all the parts and weathering) Sphero and hasbro interactive R2, Spinmaster BB8, all the Black Series helmets, ect. But I still need a han in carbonite, and a real broomhandle Mauser. My my grail piece will always be my real graflex flash. I bought it piece by piece and assembled it right before Force awakens came out and the prices went really stupid. So for $180 I’ve got a really awesome piece of movie/pop culture history.

For OT-SW props I have only one Holly grail: The Vader Reveal mask from ROTJ.Nothing is so fascinating for me since I was a kid.
For PT-SW props: The ROTS Vader Reveal mask.Also a piece of art in my eyes.
For the ST-SW props: Darth Vaders melted helmet.

But I also would like to have a TM ESB Vaderhelmet(or only the dome).And I love my CFO Vadercast..and my VP facemask.:)

Last edited:
This is a tough one,as far as one prop from any movie I’d say it’s a tie between the second Death Star and the v2 lightsaber. The second Death Star is big,it’s recognizable and was the final nail in the empires coffin.when they blew it up the rebels won the war. As for the v2 I think it’s the perfect example of what I love about Star Wars props. It was in all three movies,it was only saber that did that.its started off as one prop(obi one stunt)then they added a few greeblies and recycled it for Rotj.to me that’s what Star Wars props are all about. They made the most outta tge little bit they had.

Full size R2, TE2 Stormtrooper armor, real Graflex Luke saber, real Sterling E-11 with authentic parts, Metal Solo blaster, studio scale MF....

Some more in there but im almost content. Almost hahaha.

For me, it's also R2-D2. I just want a display piece with some lights and sounds. RC controls would be cool but i know it would never leave my display room so it really would be a waste. My skill and patience level keeps DIY from being an option. And although, I have a lot of money in my current prop replica collection, I just can't get myself to pay the money it would be to buy a finished piece.

Thats is exactly where I stand with complete custom fully installed graflex's and replica sabers. I can not do a DIY on them yet I feel a fully finished one is just priced for millionaires. Im dying for a custom ESB or ROTJ Luke.

There are many SW props i want/have, mostly exclusive OT ones - but my "must have" are few and all from the first SW i´ve ever seen in the cinema, as a child when ANH still was SW "only").

Hans Blaster
Lukes lightsaber
Stormtrooper E-11

Made from real parts (except the DL-44 is build on a MGC) these iconic 3 would also be the last parts in my collection that will ever be sold.

So I snagged an original prop from Star Wars (a new hope) from evilBay today, at a stellar price. Got a Microflame model B torch for under $20 shipped. Woot! First screen accurate prop for my collection. Also got the Jakks Pacific 31" Darth Vader for under $30 shipped, and another Heiland flash handle (a 2 cell) with reflector to cobble together with my 3 cell handle for a better Vader clone saber. And finally, a 1977 vintage Kenner Darth Vader with cape (but missing light saber) for $11 shipped.

One of the strangest props that has had a lasting impression on me is Lumpy's toy Bantha from the holiday special.

I would love a replica of it.

screen-shot-2017-08-31-at-45919-pmpng.jpg

latest?cb=20121005000356.jpg

If there was anything wanted from the HS, it would be Lumpy's stuffed Bantha. It would go well with my stuffed Ewok and stuffed Chewbacca.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back