ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

maybe if you start an interest thread and there is enough interest,... Dave will be interested...? ; )

I would think everyone with an MGC or Denix would be interested just because it just looks Soooo much better.

I would, though I think it has to be someone else - I believe one must be a Premium member to start an Interest Run, unless I'm mistaken. (Scott; where are you???) ;)

More Denix trigger mods. :rolleyes

20180626_223111.jpg

Alright; I'm impressed. Tried reshaping my own Denix hammer, but it didn't turn out anywhere near as good as this. If anyone has a good tutorial on how to get it looking this nice that'd be cool. :)

Just elbow grease. I used a big flat file, horizontally across to establish the shape, then parallel to flatten and refine. I printed some full size pics to reference.

your trigger looks nice! Going for the mgc look? You could drill a little hole too in that case. I went with the curvy style on the real guns.

Alright; this is the LAST time I crank about this trigger, I promise; but this thing was kicking my butt for the longest time, so I need to vent at least a little. I cranked on it a bit more and finally got it bent into shape (literally). I used both my MR EE and a real loose c96 trigger as visual templates to get this as close as I could manage (and no; I'm going for an actual Mauser's trigger look; haha). Added a slight rounding to the front edge of the trigger so it no longer feels as "flat", if that makes any sense.

Think kpax is right; redrilling the mounting hole and moving it back a bit may be worth my time after all. We'll see.

20180627_124705.jpg
20180627_124724.jpg

Attachments

• 20180627_122656.jpg
    20180627_122656.jpg
    912.1 KB · Views: 100
Also; would anyone here be able to stamp the parts of a DL-44 marked on the hammer, upper receiver and internal frame with accurate Mauser proof marks.

Will consider it for the meantime. Also; I've heard that Denix has tweaked their Mauser a little while back; so does anyone know who sells their "improved" Denix? Only asking because I'm currently working on an older model, and some of the features like the improved sight look like it's a better base to start on then mine.

(I actually reached out to Denix a few years ago; back when I owned an MGC, and offered to send it to them so they could use it to improve their molds. They got back to me and said they'd consider it, but I never heard back from them. lol)

Will consider it for the meantime. Also; I've heard that Denix has tweaked their Mauser a little while back; so does anyone know who sells their "improved" Denix? Only asking because I'm currently working on an older model, and some of the features like the improved sight look like it's a better base to start on then mine.

(I actually reached out to Denix a few years ago; back when I owned an MGC, and offered to send it to them so they could use it to improve their molds. They got back to me and said they'd consider it, but I never heard back from them. lol)

The denix I got a couple of months ago for my last run were the latest version I was told by the distributor.
They took their raised logo out of the cutout and stamped it in the lower right corner on the same side.
It doesn't look that much different overall though.

As far as the hammers go I will try to run some next time I have a chance, casting as shown in kpax post with the hole drilled.

I repeat it again - that is no Denix marking. It is a legal marking, the MGC has it too.
It's the proof that it is approved to be a non firing replica.

Yeah; I was just told that the new Denix also had a modified sight slider and sight itself (thinner assembly pin), as Field Marshall was milling them completely flat when the older slides needed some extra meat to keep the sight useable.

I just was wondering if anyone knows who is selling the "newer" Denix at a good price, otherwise, I may crack and get a milled one from Field Marshall.

I understand the new sight is molded as one piece instead of the thing you raise up and down along the range markings being a separate piece.

Yeah; I was just told that the new Denix also had a modified sight slider and sight itself (thinner assembly pin), as Field Marshall was milling them completely flat when the older slides needed some extra meat to keep the sight useable.

I just was wondering if anyone knows who is selling the "newer" Denix at a good price, otherwise, I may crack and get a milled one from Field Marshall.

You won’t be disappointed with field Marshall’s. My buddy just picked up a ANH hero from him, beauitful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won’t be disappointed with field Marshall’s. My buddy just picked up a ANH hero from him, beauitful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah; what seems most attractive about his are the simple fact that he mills out and adds an extractable mag plate on the bottom of the Denix. While I have an (older model) Denix that I got from Boba Debt, my own mag plate detail is cosmetic only, and lacks the T-shaped cutout on the front hump.

My ideal configuration would be if I could send him the lower half of my modified Denix and have him mill out the mag plate, then buy only the upper assembly of a "newer" Denix so that it has the improved sight rail and slide.

Decided to give accurizing the Denix's bolt a little bit of accurization and attempt something I hardly see done. Brooke out the needle files and opened up the opening on the rear of the bolt to match an actual c96's more closely:

20180704_145541.jpg

Did hit an air pocket in the pin while filing the notch, but its small enough to not bother me. Also still cranking on getting these ejection port scallops angled right/raising the bolt as high as I can:

20180704_145614.jpg
Also took a countersink drill bit and recessed the slide pin holes on both sides.

Also; would anyone here be able to lathe down the barrel of a Mauser to accept a bull barrel? I know that Scott and Field Marshall do this nowadays to their Denix, but Scott's not available ATM from what I recall. Specifically; I'm looking for somebody to lathe down the off-center, round bottomed barrel of the MR Elite Edition. The MR's barrel is mostly off-center, with an inch-long portion at the very tip centered for the Flash Hider to rest on properly. Can take pics if needed; but this would be a HUGE step checked off for me.

Why not just file down the rear of the receiver to accept the bull bbl? You seem to have the skill. Just go slow. Remove a little at a time and test fit.

Once you file enough, you can set it straight in place using epoxy.

Maybe these guides will help?

blaster receiver cut file copy.jpg
blaster barrel fitting copy.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back