The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

The zune thing has to be a temporary gag. I'm fairly confident the walkman will make it's return with the help of Rocket in Vol. 3. He has a tape deck on the Milano and that's been repaired who knows how many times.

You think? Wasn't there a mention somewhere about Disney pressuring Gunn to include "newer" music? Could be a road into that...

Personally, I've been having something of a difficult road getting my Star-Lord put together. Something or another keeps getting in the way. And just once I wanted to get a relatively easy score on a screen accurate item. I would really like to know how to put together a TPS replica on the cheap too. My last attempt was finding a drinkman, but those are long gone now.

I also heard rumors of Gunn being pressured to put in new music, nothing substantiated though.
But, due to the way Quill receives the Zune as a thoughtful gift from his now dead "Daddy", I think it will be just as prominently featured as the walkman and tapes from his deceased mother.

I'm fairly certain it's brown. Five showings between myself and a friend, we're 99% confident.

We originally thought it was black, so that's what I purchased 3 weeks ago, then after subsequent viewings determined it was brown. I found replacement case parts in brown for cheap on eBay, so now I have both

@Kevin Gossett
I got a black on the way, the guy said he would exchange directly for a brown. But I'll see I guess, maybe just buy the case parts myself. I should probably take another look for myself too. Pay attention this time. Last time I was laughing at what the gift was.

Have you done the case swap yet? If so, how is it?

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain it's brown. Five showings between myself and a friend, we're 99% confident.

We originally thought it was black, so that's what I purchased 3 weeks ago, then after subsequent viewings determined it was brown. I found replacement case parts in brown for cheap on eBay, so now I have both

This is what I did too. Plenty of tutorials for the swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Kevin Gossett

where did you get the case? I am searching for it for so long but nothing..just in black. And it need to be shipped to germany..

I found someone on ebay.. but he does not ship to germany.. and it is not possible to contact him throuh ebay.. Is anyone willing to buy the case for me and ship it to me? I would pay some dollars more of course and shipping .. ther eis NOONE who ships that to germany :(

Last edited:
Did anyone see the Star Lord Offical licensed V2 Short Jacket?!?!?!?!?
https://www.anovos.com/collections/...ians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-jacket-pre-order
Guardian_Of_The_Galaxy_Star-Lord_Jacket_00.jpgGuardian_Of_The_Galaxy_Star-Lord_Jacket_01.jpgGuardian_Of_The_Galaxy_Star-Lord_Jacket_02.jpgGuardian_Of_The_Galaxy_Star-Lord_Jacket_03.jpg

It was mentioned just a page back. While it looks great, the leather portions are faux leather

- - - Updated - - -

@Kevin Gossett

where did you get the case? I am searching for it for so long but nothing..just in black. And it need to be shipped to germany..

I found someone on ebay.. but he does not ship to germany.. and it is not possible to contact him throuh ebay.. Is anyone willing to buy the case for me and ship it to me? I would pay some dollars more of course and shipping .. ther eis NOONE who ships that to germany :(

I found mine on eBay

I had to stop myself from literally pulling my phone out and ordering one from the theater. Managed to snag one on amazon for like $65 with prime shipping on the walk to my car in the parking lot.

The Zune is just so pointless though. There's nothing iconic or visually interesting about it compared to the Walkman, which is more a piece of history, and a pretty exact replica can be made dirt-cheap.

First up what a great thread. Thank you for all the wonderful info. I'm starting to put together the pieces for a decent Star Lord outfit in anticipation of the Hasbro Legends Helmet arriving. Which seems a fairly solid starting place. And this thread is an amazing resource.

I couldn't resist commenting on the Zune. It is probably not a temporary thing, at least not short term. It's the continuation of what started with the Awesome Mix Tape vol 1. The whole point is it is a piece of quirky and outdated, yet recognizable tech. In order to maintain the oddball Peter Quill aesthetic it couldn't be an iPod it needed to be something else. But it also needed to be recognizable of sorts. Not just a generic MP3 player. The defunct MS Zune fit the bill perfectly.

The point of it is rather simple. The two tapes were his mothers gift to him. The Zune or rather the songs on it were his "fathers". Or at least the gift from the father figure that raised him. What would Yondu find interesting from earth music? The next time we see it change it will likely be something such as a gift from his Grandfather, should Peter ever revisit earth. From a marketing and merchandising standpoint it gives a pathway to keep expanding the pool of music for the Guardians (and thus selling more music. I'm thinking the surviving members of Sweet are having a real good year.)

Granted the Zune is a bit too subdued visually. It lacks the interest of the classic walkman and more importantly walkman headphones. Ear buds just don't have the same look. Although from the opening scene it is clear that Peter doesn't view the music as a personal thing as much, and is more looking to share it with his "family". So there's gonna be some changes no matter how we slice it.

Got in my Hot Topic jacket yesterday. Haven't had a chance to take pics of it, but it's surprisingly good quality. Obviously it's not leather, but it looks good and works really well as a fun going-out jacket. Gotta say, I'm really impressed by it.

Got in my Hot Topic jacket yesterday. Haven't had a chance to take pics of it, but it's surprisingly good quality. Obviously it's not leather, but it looks good and works really well as a fun going-out jacket. Gotta say, I'm really impressed by it.

Agree, wasn't expecting much from it when I ordered it, but in-hand it wasn't that bad. I like how it already has a distressed quality on it.

I just remembered I had a couple pics on my phone, got a great deal from a member in the Junkyard on the first movie short jacket that I received yesterday, so I had taken a pic of both jackets to show a friend, not good quality but here they are:
FullSizeRender (7).jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

I couldn't resist commenting on the Zune. It is probably not a temporary thing, at least not short term.

To be clear, I wasn't commenting on what the represents in the context of the story and relationship between Quill and Yondu (or the opening up of commercial possibilities as Gunn has apparently already been pressured to expand the scope of the soundtrack), but that it's a rather boring piece to collect and display.

Hi! I'm starting my first Star-Lord cosplay and was wondering if anyone knew how I could possibly mod my Disney Store Quad Blasters to look more accurate size-wise. Also thank you to everyone who's posted and made finding all the costume parts a lot easier, this is easily one of the best resources for anyone interested in a Star-Lord outfit out there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back