My Newest Real Parts Lightsaber Addition - A Genuine MPP Microflash Flashgun!!

It´s more 2 Graflex for 1 MPP.

To be honest, I don't know if I'd even do that. I can count on two hands the MPPs that I've seen available; and other than the two I managed to find and the odd find story here and there like roygilsing 's, I haven't seen one sold for less than $800-$1,400.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn´t do it. 2 Graflex are moneywise equal to one MPP, but the one MPP is so much harder to find than 2 Graflex.

But it also depends on condition - the MPP from the pics above is nothing i would have gone after, but i´m the guy who found over the years 2 Obiwan grenades and didn´t buy them. They were between 120 and 150 each, but their condition was nothing i would want on my saber (nonetheless i have seen worse on saberbuilds here, just not my cup of tea).

Opinions and needs of peoples are different.

I wouldn´t do it. 2 Graflex are moneywise equal to one MPP, but the one MPP is so much harder to find than 2 Graflex.

But it also depends on condition - the MPP from the pics above is nothing i would have gone after, but i´m the guy who found over the years 2 Obiwan grenades and didn´t buy them. They were between 120 and 150 each, but their condition was nothing i would want on my saber (nonetheless i have seen worse on saberbuilds here, just not my cup of tea).

Opinions and needs of peoples are different.

I'm not quite sure what's wrong with it in you eyes, but I'm happy with it; especially for the price that was paid. And your talking to someone who's found and passed over a lot more than two grenades in various conditions and prices ;)

Nothing is wrong if you like it.

Could i have bought those grenades and sell them, probably for more? Sure. But i was the opinion that before i buy them and am not satisfied, i better let them go and a military collector might be happy to get them that cheap. :angel

Actually Edraven's MPP is about worth 1 G R A F L E X ... because the shroud is the 2 step variant ... and eventhough the body is excellent I do hope you'll have a vintage clamp in your future ... otherwise a replica clamp will suffice ... for now :)

Chaïm

Actually Edraven's MPP is about worth 1 G R A F L E X ... because the shroud is the 2 step variant ... and eventhough the body is excellent I do hope you'll have a vintage clamp in your future ... otherwise a replica clamp will suffice ... for now :)

Chaïm

Sorry Chaim, I think you're being a bit short-sighted as to how rare these things are, inaccurate shroud or not. Graflexs are fairly common and you can get one at anytime, these days provided you're willing to pay the inflated prices. The problem with MPPs is that even if you're willing to pay a premium for one, you still have to find one first. So I think you'll have a hard time finding anyone that actually owns a MPP that would be willing to trade it for a Graflex.

That said, if anyone out there has a Hensoldt... ;)

I for one am pretty stoked to find this one and was happier even still that I was able to get it for a more or less reasonable price.

As for the clamp, fortunately I still have my variant clamp from my other MPP; the one that was smaller in diameter and couldn't fit the sleeve under. So it'll still be more or less complete when it gets to me.

Several Hensoldt, correct version. But no way,.... maybe for a complete and correct MPP in pristine condition.

Good for you! If I had a gold star I'd give it to you. And thank you for proving my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations! Great score. So this is your second MPP that you found? Nice.

Yessir! Though still not as impressive as your €100 find! :)

I'm sorry if I caused a debate about graflex trading for mpp. I misread as usuall. When chaim said ebay inflation, I took it as a possibility of mpp flashes being more accessible in Europe and graflexs being more common here in the states therfore a possible trade can happen . Wishful thinking and nothing more. So the possibility of a real graflex for me still stands, looks like a real mpp is out of reach, unless I get lucky some how.

I can count on two hands the MPPs that I've seen available.

630-lycianaff-jpg_160047.jpg

Wish I had 3 hands...

Get 3 original MPP between 2013 and 2015, sadly sold two for a very few money, and kept the best one.

Last edited:
So I just meant that the going rate for 1 G R A F L E X is about $800 - $1000 on ebay so that's not to bad ... and eventhough I do need glasses there's nothing wrong with my eye-sight thank you very much ... indeed it's great you could get hold of that MPP . . . they are scarce to find ... luckily I found mine in an UK based auction for a real bargain and with the screen-accurate shroud which template Roy uses to recreate those excellent MPP shroud replica's with ... so Edraven congratulations and enjoy :)

Chaïm

MPP used to pop up on Ebay more frequently about 10 years ago.
They used to go for about $1,000-$1,400.

Havent seen one on Ebay in aqhile though.
Im guessing today the going price would be about $2,000.

I think Graflexes have come back down to the $450-550 range on eBay. MPP's won't even start that low but seem to top out at around $1250-1500, from what I've seen. And there are usually about 150-200 correct usable Graflexes posted for every 1 correctly OR incorrectly shrouded MPP.

Of course this is only referring to eBay, and will obviously fluctuate.

Great score, David!!! Perhaps we should talk again soon?

I think Graflexes have come back down to the $450-550 range on eBay. MPP's won't even start that low but seem to top out at around $1250-1500, from what I've seen. And there are usually about 150-200 correct usable Graflexes posted for every 1 correctly OR incorrectly shrouded MPP.

Of course this is only referring to eBay, and will obviously fluctuate.

Great score, David!!! Perhaps we should talk again soon?

Heh... whatcha got in mind Andy?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back