*2.0 UPGRADE!! New progress on page 8!* Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread

Re: Mr. Mold Maker's Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread and BvS COWL SCULPT

Does anyone have a close up of the Joker card on the Scar?? Where can I get one??

Re: Mr. Mold Maker's Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread and BvS COWL SCULPT

This is the one I bought. I did a few hours of searching and it was the best I could find. Not exact but close enough

Image1461013146.532748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small update!

What have I been asked about the most? Without a doubt, the scarf.

I was looking for quite some time for something that matched the pebble-y look of the screen used scarf. I ended up settling on a very expensive upholstery fabric from Jo-Anns. I'm afraid I don't know what it's called, but if it helps it was around $45 a yard. It came a light white tone and I ended up having to dye it quite a bit darker. For whatever reason, one side turned the perfect color, and the other stayed pretty close to the original base. I actually really like that, as I'm a fan of both colors when weathered.

I cut the scarf before I dyed it so I'll have to take care of all that fraying.. Other than that, I've got to find the correct way to let it sit and give it a good weathering pass.

As for the cowl, I have a fellow member sending me a Ben Affleck lifecast to resculpt and mold, and I'll be using that as reference when making the cowl. Hoping to get this thing as close as I can! I'll be sculpting open eyes on the Ben cast and hopefully it'll look great inside all the available cowls.. More details on that when I have them. :)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

You could just scale this and print this out and tape it to the gun. Cover it with clear tape first, then duct tape it. It won't matter that it's not an actual card. Plus this is accurate.
860f85a3d92be8fe5735be34ab72bda2.jpg

Small update!

I was looking for quite some time for something that matched the pebble-y look of the screen used scarf. I ended up settling on a very expensive upholstery fabric from Jo-Anns. I'm afraid I don't know what it's called, but if it helps it was around $45 a yard. It came a light white tone and I ended up having to dye it quite a bit darker. For whatever reason, one side turned the perfect color, and the other stayed pretty close to the original base. I actually really like that, as I'm a fan of both colors when weathered.

Love the scarf bud. Some of the threads might have a wax or similar coating that don't allow for dyes to take but it looks like you got lucky with the one side. :)

David

Awesome find on the Joker card! I haven't had a chance to really look at the screen used scar or joker card, but I'll check it out very soon.

Love the scarf bud. Some of the threads might have a wax or similar coating that don't allow for dyes to take but it looks like you got lucky with the one side. :)

David
Thanks David.. I definitely feel lucky! If I dropped that much money on this fabric and it didn't dye?... I don't even want to think about it. :lol

So... Updates. Disappointing updates..

I went out and bought a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 650 and don't think I'll be working on this costume any further..

Keep an eye on the Junkyard if you're interested in any pieces.. I'll likely be listing my grenade launcher and gauntlets. Perhaps the belt as well.

Id really have loved to finish this, and I WILL still continue work on the cowl when I have the time, but between a full time job and monthly expenses.. I just don't see this one happening.

Sorry folks! :(

I went out and bought a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 650 and don't think I'll be working on this costume any further..

Keep an eye on the Junkyard if you're interested in any pieces.. I'll likely be listing my grenade launcher and gauntlets. Perhaps the belt as well.

Id really have loved to finish this, and I WILL still continue work on the cowl when I have the time, but between a full time job and monthly expenses.. I just don't see this one happening.

Mr mold maker, It still won't let me initiate a pm but please pm me with a possible price for the gauntlets or belt! Thx so much !

Mr mold maker, It still won't let me initiate a pm but please pm me with a possible price for the gauntlets or belt! Thx so much !

I don't have any prices in mind yet. Like I said, they'll be up in the Junkyard soon.. Right now? I'm enjoying my weekend staring at a pretty new bike. :)

that sucks it was fun to watch your progress. Its understandable life happens. Ill keep checking on the progress of your cowl though. grats on your new bike

Hey folks! Gauntlets are in the Junkyard!

There are photos on the listing, as well as some on page two of this thread. Check them out if you like!

Hey folks! Gauntlets are in the Junkyard!

There are photos on the listing, as well as some on page two of this thread. Check them out if you like!

Man I just got some gc5fx doj ones at a great price. I love how yours has the bronze fins. Wish I had known would have made you an offer. Trying to figure out what I should use to paint my fins bronze or if I should even bother.

There is also some kind of skin tied near the tip of the gun. Cheetah may be?
[h=3][/h]

Small update!

I cut the scarf before I dyed it so I'll have to take care of all that fraying.. Other than that, I've got to find the correct way to let it sit and give it a good weathering pass.

As for the cowl, I have a fellow member sending me a Ben Affleck lifecast to resculpt and mold, and I'll be using that as reference when making the cowl. Hoping to get this thing as close as I can! I'll be sculpting open eyes on the Ben cast and hopefully it'll look great inside all the available cowls.. More details on that when I have them. :)

View attachment 616372View attachment 616373
Sorry to go off topic but is that a david mosher armature you have the scarf on?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back