Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

Hello everyone I just created an account here for the specific reason of obtaining a deadpool costume! I don't really want to fork out my life savings lol. I was looking around and came across someone who's is selling the suit and mask. For 575 plus the shipping. image.jpg Don't know if that's a regular price? Don't know how much stuff like this goes for but I know there's a lot of scammers out there. This looks pretty similar to test Eagles I think.. I would prefer to build it if it's not to overly complicated. I've got all the time in the world so if building will save me money I'd like to do that but don't know where to start.. All I know is I want either one of these finished products in the pic or test eagle.. Start with the mask then suit after . So if people could give me a hand I'd appreciate it!!

Has anyone else got to see some?
Mine just came in as well, it's not stretchy at all. But I like the color and pattern, I think it's a very close pattern.
I ordered 4 yards, how much did you get?

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, I want to know if he made those shin guards or bought them from somewhere!
Go to Etsy, TestEagle sells these suits. I bought one from him, and if I'm not completely mistaken, this is identical to his. And I didn't pay $575.

I got 4 yards as well. Yours didn't have any stretch at all? Mine wasn't much, but it had some 2-way stretch to it.

Last edited:
It had some, but I was expecting more. It's fine, I'm not a fan of spandex. It's pretty perfect for me. What's your thoughts?

I'm not big on spandex either. I'm doing a black cordura with black stretch panels with this red being on top of the cordura so stretch wont matter.

I'm not big on spandex either. I'm doing a black cordura with black stretch panels with this red being on top of the cordura so stretch wont matter.
That sounds awesome. I was considering something along the lines of a lining as well, and not focusing so much on a "stretchy" factor. What about the raised portions? 1/4" eva foam was what I was thinking.

I want to say some kind of molded plastic, foam or maybe worbla? They look really thin in the pics.
I have heard of worbla before, but only once. Wish I would have thought of that last month. I'm attempting to make it out of orthoglass (what they use for a cast when you break a bone). But I'm not entirely sure it's going to work, so eva foam is my backup plan.

I have heard of worbla before, but only once. Wish I would have thought of that last month. I'm attempting to make it out of orthoglass (what they use for a cast when you break a bone). But I'm not entirely sure it's going to work, so eva foam is my backup plan.

Ny the way do u know where to get that orthoglass water activated fibreglass bandage,cheap.i'v looked everywhere.online and stores and i can only find small short rolls that are expensive

Why not just eva foam them? I freehanded the templates myself...
Nice! Can you show a few more angles?

Ny the way do u know where to get that orthoglass water activated fibreglass bandage,cheap.i'v looked everywhere.online and stores and i can only find small short rolls that are expensive
I got it from eBay. I think I spent about $70 for it. I received 6 packages of 4X15 (inches). I think have about 3 packages left, if you'd want to buy them. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I attached a picture that came with the ebay listing. Also is a picture of what I tried to do with it (obviously I hadn't trimmed down the hand shells yet), but I think I'm going to go eva foam for the shin guards just like sjorsjo91 did.

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 20150815_224357_resized.jpg
    20150815_224357_resized.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 237
I'd probably only go that route if I had a muscle suit underneath.
I'm working on a universal muscle suit as well as trying to add real muscle to myself I am considering printing kens dye sub pattern on paper and using it as a base pattern for a scratch built costume I'm quite good with a sewing machine and it means I can get it more accurate then the cosplay ones without breaking the bank thinking of using the red fabric posted above and black pleather

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back