Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Were we seperated at birth?

Great post.

I agree 100%

(Did you do a mic drop when you hit post though???)

Fett is a nobody. Writing off the whole of ROTJ over Fett is silly. He's BEYOND a minor character, no matter how cool he looks. The Ewoks were the primitive force against the machine, symbolically, and I am 100% in favor of that. Go Ewoks. Luke's rage as he attacks Vader, and that MUSIC. Oh man. ROTJ is a great movie, and except for that awful Leia/Luke/Han "hold me" Ewok village dialogue, which is over in a bathroom break, ROTJ is fit to go head ot head with the other two films in the OT. Is it the weakest of the three? Yep. Is it "bad"? Oh HELL no. Not at all.

And it's friggin Hemingway next to anything in the soul-less crapfest of the PT.

Fett is a nobody. Writing off the whole of ROTJ over Fett is silly. He's BEYOND a minor character, no matter how cool he looks. The Ewoks were the primitive force against the machine, symbolically, and I am 100% in favor of that. Go Ewoks. Luke's rage as he attacks Vader, and that MUSIC. Oh man. ROTJ is a great movie, and except for that awful Leia/Luke/Han "hold me" Ewok village dialogue, which is over in a bathroom break, ROTJ is fit to go head ot head with the other two films in the OT. Is it the weakest of the three? Yep. Is it "bad"? Oh HELL no. Not at all.

And it's friggin Hemingway next to anything in the soul-less crapfest of the PT.

Exactly. Well said. I've always loved ROTJ ewoks and all. It has some of the most darkest and adult related emotional scenes of the trilogy.

Oh and I'll always love ol George. Nobody is perfect. But without him there would be no Star Wars. The PT is in the past. You can't change the past. People need to move forward and stop the bitching. We get it. You don't like it.

Ben

When 40 years old you reach, look back you will. See what holds up and what doesn't.

I GARAUNTEE.

Yeah the OT looks dated....

But that took 30 YEARS.

The PT looks very dated already...

Jurassic park 1 graphics are better than the PT....

Cause they had to invent and use tech that didn't exist. Just like the OT. And people put their heart and souls into it...

The PT was... "Well we already can do all this... And our current tech we can do easy and cheap!!!"

"Just get some blue screens. Big actors. Decent script... Well fix it in post!!!"

WEAK SAUCE!!!!

Well, I actually like it. I was grown with the PT and later with the OT, and I like them both.

Oh, don't get me wrong the PT is pretty!

Lots of pretty unnatural colors that totally keep my brain from accepting it! LOL!!!

The PT has its moments!

But that's the bad part....

Obiwan was one of the best parts of ep1. But we have to spend 80% of the movie with Jar Jar and anakin....

The model work of the palace was awesome.

Some of the designs were awesome!

As a whole... It just doesn't look and feel "real".

And ep3 was a mash of WHOOPS WE BETTER CRAM SOME STUFF IN FOR THE FANS, and UH OH... We have to explain how our hero becomes Darth Vader....

Portmans acting in ep3 was the worst I've seen from her.

I could go on and on.

I have talked to several people that worked on the PT. One is a personal friend.

I've hung out with and gotten drunk with Ray Park. (Darth Maul WAS pretty damn cool!)

I've had dinner with, prowse, Daniels, Baker, Bulloch etc etc etc.

I'm not the average fanboy jumping on the bash PT bandwagon.

I have REAL behind the scenes reasons to think poorly of the PT.

People were FIRED and sent home and told they would never work again for even making suggestions to Rick Mccallum.

I really Don't want to go further into details of who witnessed what.

But I have serious personal reasons to jettison the PT from my soul.

Except for Maul, obiwan and the emporer (what little we saw him)

I have one VHS copy of ep1 in storage...

That's all I will ever own.

Few years ago I tried to watch a little of ep3 again on Spike and changed it... I was alone... No one there to worry if they thought I was a PT basher or not...

It sucks.

All 3 have some REALLY cool elements.

The final execution IMHO?

A reason for Lucas to play with his CGI toys and make some more cash.

Last edited:
Well, I like PT, especially Ep. I and III, and it's not gonna change because anyone says anything that matters to me actually. It's just a movie, nothing changing my life here.

My Star Wars "dead horse" thread and @astroboy's "let's improve Star Wars" thread.

I got a bit smacked-down for talking about all my "fixes" to the Prequels and ROTJ in threads not related to such, and for derailing conversation in a thread that was supposed to be about TFA. So maybe shake out your arms, crack your necks, and come out swinging in one or both of those. ;) I love this kind of discussion, but it probably should be being had here... Yes, ultimately all of Star Wars is tied together, but commentary like this tends to devolve quickly into "Prequel-bashing" and "Prequel-white-knighting".

--Jonah

I came up with a scenaro:
Anakin is growing more disillusioned with the jedi, but not with Obi Wan, he confides in Obi Wan that he has got Padme pregnant, and he knows he can no longer stay with the jedi, but he has dreams that Dooku will be responsible for her death, and his child, he knows he must face Dooku, even if it means his own death.
Obi Wan tells him not to leave, but his mind is made up, Anakin gives Obi Wan his lightsaber and asks him to give it to his child should anything happen to him, then he goes to Palpatine to ask for some advice, Palps agrees with Anakin leaving the jedi and gives him a new lightsabre, when Anakin holds it, it feels right in his hand, but when he ignights it, its red.
At first he feels betrayed, but Palps convinces him that only a sith can beat a sith, Palpatine gives Anakin a temporary Sith name, and tell him that Dooku is also a temporary name, and only his true heir will be given a final Sith name.

Palpatine takes his new Darth to the lava moon where Dooku awaits, Dooku feels betrayed too, as he feels he earned his place at his masters side, as Anakin fights Dooku, Dooku is impressed by Anakins strength and resolve to win, he reads his mind and taunts Anakin with the knowledge of the pregnancy, promising to end his wife and childs life, Anakin screams (much like Luke did in ROTJ) and body charges Dooku and himself into the lava, they both go under, and as Palpatine watches, wondering if he was wrong, a single badly burned man jumps out of the lava, unrecognisable, only his hate keeping him alive.

Palpatine announces that he has his new heir, and dubs him Darth Vader, then he gets his survival suit installed, making him the Vader we know.

Obi Wan has observed all this thought binoculars from miles away, having arrived too late to save his friend, he tells Yoda that Anakin is dead, and that Palpatine is a sith lord.

Palpatine gives order 66 as before, and most of the jedi are routed, Yoda manages to get a few Jedi away, but we say Vader hunting those down, somehow sensing them as soon as they use the force.

When Padme learns of Anakins death her heart still breaks, but not as quickly as before, she goes into hiding with Bail Organa with her daughter, while Luke goes with Yoda and Obi Wan, they briefly think of training him from birth, but realise that will only bring Vader down on them all, Obi Wan remembering his promis to Anakin takes Luke to tattoine, and putting him in with his family, waits for the time when he can give the lightsabre to him, while Yoda stays near the dark side cave on Dagoba, where his presence in the force wont be detected.

I know this version does not have an Obi Wan/Vader fight, but then its not explicitly mentioned in a new hope that the last time they met they were fighting, but it does maintain the mystery of who Vader is, as Anakin and Dooku were roughly the same height, and the student master bit could be hand waved away if Dooku was Palpatines student.

Anyway, its just an idea.

Remote wouldn't fit in the bag too well. It sounds like they're setting up a new partner for Chewie just in case...you know...

And... Now I'll NEVER be able to buy a Mauser!

All of those times I passed up on ones for a couple hundred bucks...

Damn, this is cool. And I WANT to see the ANH version and scope again...

But WHY are we seeing this version again???

The old cannon books state that he changed to a better smaller scope...

The MOVIES SHOW that he moved on to a smaller scope...

I never understood this change from a visual stand point... The original just stands out.

ESB and ROTJ look like military standard issue...

IMHO.

I'm saying, we have to have SOME continuity here...

Lukes saber is now a mix of the original and ESB.

Maybe things change... Maybe the 2nd ESB button fell off?

But for Hans gun to revert back after like 40 years?

Shouldn't the TK frowns revert back to grey too??? LOL!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back