Escape From New York - Snake Plissken Walkie Talkie Help, please!

DreadnokNick

Hi, I'm trying to get a legit Snake outfit together and am having trouble ID'ing the walkie talkie they used to make the prop. It was late 70's, made by Fanon, but does anyone know any more? The model number or anything? Thanks!

Trawling through the forum; Rylo did a run of them way back in the early 2000s, he might recall what the model was.

Last edited by a moderator:
If memory serves it's a 70's era midland model of some kind. I did a lot of research on the walkie used in the spinner cockpit from the original Blade Runner, and though not the same thing, I came across a few shots of the walkie from EFNY. It will need a repaint to match the movie.

That is correct. They used a toy Walkie talkie. They also made the tracking device from the sub wars game from Tiger.

Hi, I'm trying to get a legit Snake outfit together and am having trouble ID'ing the walkie talkie they used to make the prop. It was late 70's, made by Fanon, but does anyone know any more? The model number or anything? Thanks!
Here ya go...
efny-walkie.jpg
efny-walkie2.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back