Solo: A Star Wars Story

Of course I'll see it. I got my ticket at 5 after midnight when they went on sale. I'm pessimistic, based on all the evidence thus far, but maybe I'll find something in there I like.

Hope springs eternal.

I’m just saying, you’ve been hating pretty much daily for months, and it started before we had seen a thing. I think you’ve made up your mind ahead of time... but I get it. I can muster a lot of hate for my beloved films... but I try to wait for them to come out.

I can’t get on a high horse. TPM came out 19 years ago and I can still get pretty worked up about it without much difficulty... but I try to at least save my hate for after the movie comes out. You could be 100% correct— but the few scenes of Alden I’ve seen I totally buy him as a young Han, so I’m amped... I’m trying to be a little more positive in my old age.

I’m just saying, you’ve been hating pretty much daily for months, and it started before we had seen a thing. I think you’ve made up your mind ahead of time... but I get it. I can muster a lot of hate for my beloved films... but I try to wait for them to come out.

I can’t get on a high horse. TPM came out 19 years ago and I can still get pretty worked up about it without much difficulty... but I try to at least save my hate for after the movie comes out. You could be 100% correct— but the few scenes of Alden I’ve seen I totally buy him as a young Han, so I’m amped... I’m trying to be a little more positive in my old age.

I always say if your a fan of something it should bring you enjoyment. I watch all these films with the goal of having fun despite what flaws there may be. I don't take a lot of personal satisfaction hating on something I have no control over or input. If I disliked these films as much as some of you, I would have been long gone. It's easy to poke holes and being critical or cynical but I prefer a state of being of positivity towards STAR WARS and don't loose my mind over the things that bug me about any one film.

You say you can't get on a high horse. And yet that is precisely what you've done.

From everything I have read, there was no effort put into trying to make Alden mimic Ford. The idea they were working towards from the get go was the "Chris Pine as Captain Kirk" model of making the role his own entirely.

I understand what you're saying, but don't the new Star Trek movies deal with alternate time lines? I've never been a Star Trek fan, so forgive my ignorance. I always thought the new movies were an alternate reality and Pine's Kirk wasn't ever supposed to reflect Shatner's because he's on a different path. Which also gives them an opportunity to go forward in a new direction without fans being hellbent because the new Kirk's future is unknown. That's not the case with Solo, as far as I can tell.

Hadn't seen this BTS pic before:

32605923_10216726073608497_596081739164549120_o.jpg

Of course I'll see it. I got my ticket at 5 after midnight when they went on sale. I'm pessimistic, based on all the evidence thus far, but maybe I'll find something in there I like.

Hope springs eternal.
If they can at least get Chewie right, that should be one plus right there.

I remember the show, im just foggy on Chakas vibe. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaka - friend to Will, Holly and Marshall; enemy of the Sleestak, while loyal...comes off as annoying and just a doofus. The Solo Wookie, just gives me a Chewbacca-Lite/Chaka vibe from the clips I've seen, and you know what I just realized?! He's smaller than the original actor who played our beloved hero, Chewbacca as well. Dammit Disney! Damn you all to hell!

:lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back