Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

PSA
Not sure if anyone's touched upon this or not, but David has left sneakerahead.ru to work on his own brand. I believe that's why the prices have jumped up so much on the site; it's a new person running it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

No I was not aware of that and now I have to wonder who exactly I was in communication with.

I can confirm airmagman offers a 30 day warranty for v3s and a 3 month warranty for v4's. If you ask for QC pics, you'll get them before he ships

Sorry. I’m just coming back to the thread. Lol I have the V3 from David when he first released them. What’s the different in the V3.1 Version? Should I upgrade my pair? Are the autoclave version worth buying? Thanks

Sorry. I’m just coming back to the thread. Lol I have the V3 from David when he first released them. What’s the different in the V3.1 Version? Should I upgrade my pair? Are the autoclave version worth buying? Thanks
The v3.1 has better LEDs and longer battery life. That's it. Don't buy the autolacing, they WILL break. I'm in the process of fixing mine

Thanks for your reply! So the V3.1 is just better lights and battery life. Do you know how long they would last? It is possible to just change the LED and battery on shoes? I haven’t had any issues yet with my current pair,fingers crossed. But I do charge them so In a while.

Thanks for your reply! So the V3.1 is just better lights and battery life. Do you know how long they would last? It is possible to just change the LED and battery on shoes? I haven’t had any issues yet with my current pair,fingers crossed. But I do charge them so In a while.
It is possible, just difficult. The longer battery life isn't because of a new battery though, it's due to the LED's being dimmer and using less power

I would suggest same battery, just dimmed LEDs. I seriously doubt that they fixed any of the issues most of us have experienced with the V3.

Would someone be so kind as to please share the link to the video of how to change the batteries? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, looks like I deleted mine.

Step 1: Draw a line about 1/2" away from the stitching.
Step 2: Tuck and feed the tongue through the laces to keep this out of your way.
Step 3: USE A SCALPEL!
Step 4: Make your FIRST incision on the side opposite the SWOOSH. I made mine a U shape about 3" long on the 'legs".

I am about to head out to work or I would take photos of my wear pair for you. Can do that later today.

Last edited:
This would look nice on the dimmed LEDs.
I do have the dimmed LEDs lol
c15025b38d5070c1e8e8978ed5c36fdd.jpg
3d39b03e4fb09f4001d0d29c1ec5a1f7.jpg

I wish my second pair were the dimmed leds.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, looks like I deleted mine.

Step 1: Draw a line about 1/2" away from the stitching.
Step 2: Tuck and feed the tongue through the laces to keep this out of your way.
Step 3: USE A SCALPEL!
Step 4: Make your FIRST incision on the side opposite the SWOOSH. I made mine a U shape about 3" long on the 'legs".

I am about to head out to work or I would take photos of my wear pair for you. Can do that later today.
Thanks.

Here you go.

5298b101624431371bea980f92a2128e.jpg

Undo the strap and work the tongue between laces 2 and 3. This will keep it out of the way.

3bb8e6706784917cb97f01a494551419.jpg

Remove the sock liner. Mine is an after market product with a nice big arch and a gel heel pad.

1deecf1e117014796d87b0452384bdf4.jpg

Even though I drew the line with a pen in the shape of a U, it appears I only cut on mainly on the medial (inner) side.

5dd4cf136ab3679694e140bb11512a9b.jpg

The battery lives under the black rubber thing. I have removed the Battery and filled the cavity with EVA foam.

I found it best to use long nosed pliers to hold the plug on the shoe end and pull the other side of the plug with my fingers. The first time is the hardest and scariest.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Had a little time to kill today, so I decided to illustrate one of the other alt Air Mag designs. There were some requests after I posted the first one, so here it is!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180408/8a725f2b7e38679a1da9d3953e9bc646.jpg

Here’s the side by side:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180408/23d0d5b705f0a7079f8ab6651c892242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I had the materials and the skills to make he soles, i would have made these just for fun... but i only can make the uppers :/
somedays i'll make the other design (the lowerone)

hmm wonder if she is making youtube videos for that youtube money or what
and she compares nike vs adidas
hmm cant she be bias?
Normally when you monetize your channel you have to include a sponsor link or blatantly talk about that product. She does not have that as part of her channel...so far anyway.

She was trained about plastics as a part of the job she held at Nike for 13 years. She also calls parts of the shoes by their proper name. Example since the V1, we have called the molded part on the back of the MAGs a heel cup where it is actually a heel counter (as in counter weight).

Her reviews between different shoes is fair.
I liked that she included traction as part of the review.

I have DM'd her on Instagram a few times now to ask a question and she gives a direct and honest answer.

I actually asked if the MAG pattern has a name. She replied with a not really but it is known as a 2 part pattern with a medial seam.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back