Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

If it pleases the court: while I have no new evidence regarding the lever, I submit exhibit ob1 for your shape accuracy fans:

Notice what appears to be a FLAT emitter face

http://www.scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/obi2.jpg

http://www.scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/obiV2.jpg

Do we think this is electrical tape or some sort of large rubber band holding the bottom (hand-wheel) section on? To my eyes, it looks like you can see a slight 'step' in the black section and also the base looks wonky.

Or is it my eyes that are wonky?!! :)

Here is my Russrep, converted with electronic last year (and being reworked with even better electronic and Crystal Chamber as I speak).

View attachment 293476

View attachment 293477

View attachment 293478

And here is another budget V2 I just completed, not accurate tho (the owner I gifted it to doesn't care anyway), but still good looking :)

View attachment 293479

View attachment 293480

View attachment 293481

More pictures available through my clicky sig ;)

I just snagged a used SF PS hilt. Should get it in a few days. I was inspired by your build. Now I'm just going to need to find someone to build it for me. :)

I feel it... any time now... someone will do a Hero or V2 Luke ROTJ run...

Putting it out to the universe....

Need to be able to tag people in posts... or maybe you can... but I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Also, I'm sure it would get annoying as I tag people....

*Anakin Starkiller* cough *Anakin Starkiller*

You must learn patience thd9791 ;) ... sorry could not resist :)

Anakin Starkiller ... can anyone explain how to tag Anakin Starkiller ... pleaasssee :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:
Hello,

Sorry guys. Didn't see you here. :)

I only have enough funds to do one saber project at a time. So which would people rather have, a hero or a v2?
I'd trying to decide which one I should do first.

A one luke rotj saber will be my big project this season.

I have a machine shop quote for a hero saber run,

I'm looking to get a quote from a foundry to cast my V2 master in aluminum.

My v2s will be the most accurate version ever because I have been luck enough to take measurements directly from an original saber in a private collection. I will be reproducing this prop using many of the same techniques as the original, but taking advantage of some modern techniques like rapid prototyping and 3d modeling.

The sabers will be cast aluminum, not machined like all of the replicas to date.

Each grip width will be different--and will match the original.
The angle of each grip recess will be distinct--and match the original.
Each pommel cube will be a different size and shape--and match the original.
There will be a big ugly seam line running down the side ;)
I really am going for a warts and all reproduction.

When I track down someone to cast my master and get some prices, I'll make the decision on which project gets done first.
I don't like to do saber runs without being able to foot the bill on my own. To many projects go south when people think, I'll have guys send me their money and then start the run. Problems arise and I'd rather be able to manage them on my own without people asking where their money or prop is. So, that's why I move a little slower

But, it would be great to hear which version of this prop people are more interested in.
-best

Dan

Last edited:
...I only have enough funds to do one saber project at a time. So which would people rather have, a hero or a v2?
I'd trying to decide which one I should do first...
I vote V2, but my vote probably doesn't count because I'm sure I won't be able to afford one when they're ready to sell.

So which would people rather have, a hero or a v2?

I would like to emphatically cast my vote for the V2. Your plans to create an aluminum casting from a meticulously researched original are unprecedented, and quite frankly, exciting. If ever there was a saber that called for a "warts and all" approach to reproduction, it is most definitely this one. There are a lot of nice hero Luke sabers out there, but it's rare that I see a V2 replica that I really think nails it. It's kind of how all the ANH Obi-Wan's used to look before each part was discovered and sabersmiths began producing parts runs. To me, the Luke V2 is the last great OT saber that just hasn't yet been done right. And Anakin Starkiller is just the man to do it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I implore you. Vote V2! (y)thumbsup

V2 V2!

I would like to emphatically cast my vote for the V2. Your plans to create an aluminum casting from a meticulously researched original are unprecedented, and quite frankly, exciting. If ever there was a saber that called for a "warts and all" approach to reproduction, it is most definitely this one. There are a lot of nice hero Luke sabers out there, but it's rare that I see a V2 replica that I really think nails it. It's kind of how all the ANH Obi-Wan's used to look before each part was discovered and sabersmiths began producing parts runs. To me, the Luke V2 is the last great OT saber that just hasn't yet been done right. And Anakin Starkiller is just the man to do it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I implore you. Vote V2! (y)thumbsup

Yes, I plan to do lever (with the hump - I see it, if you dont, you can easily remove the hump with a little sanding - the cone shaped knob and the nipple emitter.

But I don't think I'll sell built sabers, just kits with the parts to do whichever version. (Anh, rotjv2, rotj shared stunt) you wish to copy

ANH?

I guess I need to do a little research on the styles... this is one saber I do not know a lot about.

Cool on doing this.. I don't think a lot of people know that the thread has turned to voting, but I think it's safe to say it's going to edge toward V2...

Yes, I plan to do lever (with the hump - I see it, if you dont, you can easily remove the hump with a little sanding - the cone shaped knob and the nipple emitter.

But I don't think I'll sell built sabers, just kits with the parts to do whichever version. (Anh, rotjv2, rotj shared stunt) you wish to copy

Hello,

Sorry guys. Didn't see you here. :)

I only have enough funds to do one saber project at a time. So which would people rather have, a hero or a v2?
I'd trying to decide which one I should do first.

A one luke rotj saber will be my big project this season.

I have a machine shop quote for a hero saber run,

I'm looking to get a quote from a foundry to cast my V2 master in aluminum.

My v2s will be the most accurate version ever because I have been luck enough to take measurements directly from an original saber in a private collection. I will be reproducing this prop using many of the same techniques as the original, but taking advantage of some modern techniques like rapid prototyping and 3d modeling.

The sabers will be cast aluminum, not machined like all of the replicas to date.

Each grip width will be different--and will match the original.
The angle of each grip recess will be distinct--and match the original.
Each pommel cube will be a different size and shape--and match the original.
There will be a big ugly seam line running down the side ;)
I really am going for a warts and all reproduction.

When I track down someone to cast my master and get some prices, I'll make the decision on which project gets done first.
I don't like to do saber runs without being able to foot the bill on my own. To many projects go south when people think, I'll have guys send me their money and then start the run. Problems arise and I'd rather be able to manage them on my own without people asking where their money or prop is. So, that's why I move a little slower

But, it would be great to hear which version of this prop people are more interested in.
-best

Dan

V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2 V2!!!!!:lol

Is it clear I want a V2!?:angel:facepalm:devil

Regards,

Alberto!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back