Old Republic Sith themed Lightsaber with vintage parts -FINISHED-

Andymac84

Sr Member
+current look+2014-03-28
Finally added the 'new' activation box to the saber:

More additional infos below and during the thread. Thank you.

I've putted together a Old Republic themed Lightsaber built all together with found vintage parts. Here's the results so far:

What do u guys think about that saber? I always wanted to do something like this but I'm still not 100% satisfied.
Also I would have liked to do a little guessing game :) Can u name the parts I've used?

Last edited:
Re: Old Republic themed Lightsaber - A vintage parts guessing game :)

Nice work! An artillery shell casing maybe..? Whatever the parts, the real-world look is really appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting saber !

I like it, but I agree it's not 100% finished yet. The black emitter shroud is throwing me, maybe cut it 45 degrees similar to a Graflex or go with another part.

Are you going to add a control box or and knobs similar to the prequel sabers?

Thanks for the kind words. It is indeed built upon an artillery shell casing.
A similar one in this pic says it is a rare russian 57mm AA shell post WWII era
http://oi45.tinypic.com/330fwxk.jpg
But I've picked it up at a US-Base in germany at my time in the german army. And there's a US code on the side so it must be a US-type.

Yes I have two nice knobs which I wanted to add. I also have a graflex clamp in mind..but I wanted to keep this as a "zero-$-project". The emitter is wrong, you're right. What if I paint the artillery shell black?

I wouldnt paint the shell, its really nice as is. I would cut the emitter as suggested already and would weather it too, so it'd appear as worn as the rest of the saber. Looking forward to seeing this one advancing!

If you painted the shell, I would suggest silver. Boring I know but definitely says 'lightsaber'. I like the green color personally, it just needs a few greeblies to make it look more like a saber.

LOVING the real world look. The pommel and neck intrigue me, but I can't place them..

I'll third cutting the emitter, and silver-ing the body. It would match the bottom of the emitter and help the black stand out - much like an MPP. nice work!

Just get rid of that shiny black emitter altogether and add some T-grips ... I put some on a custom made and it made all the difference.

Chaim

pretty rad! I'd also shape the emitter somehow.

That said... it needs electronics installed now!

Thanks a lot to all of you guys. Okay it's time to do some work with it. I'll think about every wink above and pick out the ones working for me perfectly:)
I'm definately add some greeblies. I'm also going to weather the emitter.
I'll post an update when I'm done with it :)

Some progress done yesterday. Still missing greeblies and buttons:)
currently working out some options for an activation box.

I know some were bothering with a black emitter but I wanted something dark and Sith themed. Hope the improvements are cool to the gang;)
Mainly I've reduced the amount of parts and exchanged a few. Now it's not messed up and looks more arranged.

Re: Old Republic themed Lightsaber - vintage parts NEW PICS POST#12

So where is that balance pipe emitter from? Marv? Replica painted black?

It's from OdiWan. Indeed a replica painted black. Fits better and give it a more StarWars look.

Nice added 'vintage' emitter :) ... now how about a MPP clamp off centre?

Chaim

Nice added 'vintage' emitter :) ... now how about a MPP clamp off centre?
Chaim

Good idea indeed. I had another idea. And it worked. I've cutted down two scope mount rings:

Added a vintage circuit board and reworked the scope mount rings into this:

- - - Updated - - -

And finally added the 'new' activation box to the saber:

What do u guys think?

I like it a lot. The scope mounts were a great idea!

the only thing I would say, is that the middle third looks like it's missing simething... like a nob... button or something...

I like it a lot. The scope mounts were a great idea!

the only thing I would say, is that the middle third looks like it's missing simething... like a nob... button or something...

Thank you Sir:) I like it, too. Way better than the first design. The scope mounts are indeed a great solution for a a-box.
Yes, you're right. I was thinking about something similar like a Graflex glass eye. We'll see what I can work out from this point...

Very clever indeed ... perhaps you could just paint a 'clamp' sleeve such as the MPP onto the green surface ... and you'll may find that no extra greeblies are needed?

Chaim

I think a painted clamp sleeve would look cool too. Activation box looks great, at first I thought it was 2 of the old Heiland clamps until I read further down. Very neat idea.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back