Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

Yeah if someone creates some out of the same material as the ed209 I would be interested. I just cut up plastic pipe and coated with a rubber spray. I'm really happy with how thy look, but it's definitely a different take on it.

Thanks mandio222,

I got your Lambo wheel ... now all I need is the grips and the oilpan ... and I'll be done with my Praco/Bolsey 2 hybrid.

Any thoughts on material and making those grips guys?

Chaim

ED said they were made out of foam, so im getting a 2mm eva foam sheet and see if it works.

thanks guys ... since my dad used to make his own table tennis bats ... he still may have some black rubbery stuff leftover so I might decide to use that for the grips ... I'll let you know when I'm at my parents place to check it out ... though it is definitely not the same stuff as used for the original saber ... I like to look for material in unusual places and what is readily available to me ... like propmakers do :)

Meanwhile show me what you've got made with some pictures please ...

Chaim

Both mine I made I used black plastic sheet formed with heat, then sanded the sides parallel after curving. Looked great. I think the stuff I used was for dashboards, glossy smooth on one side which I dulled a bit.

Do you have any pictures of both lightsabers cayman shen? I'm a visual man so I need photographs to understand what's been written, please?

Above you see a custom made molded rubber grip that was originally used as seen on ------- The Parts of Star Wars -------- ... any other materials or methodes how to make yoda grips?

Chaim

I cut mine from a piece of plastic sink pipe...

9441017148_a500088dda_c.jpg

9438235605_d1420c3cf5_c.jpg

Then sprayed with a rubber spray... came with an unexpected texure though, that while not the correct look, I liked a lot and kept.

9440953498_a3e093d4db_c.jpg

I'll get pickier on a praco conversion.

Do you have any pictures of both lightsabers cayman shen? I'm a visual man so I need photographs to understand what's been written, please?

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/yodagrip_zpsf95a0e55.jpg[/URL]

Above you see a custom made molded rubber grip that was originally used as seen on ------- The Parts of Star Wars -------- ... any other materials or methodes how to make yoda grips?

Chaim

I wish I did. But sadly they were lost about three computers back.

Hey guys, here are a few solutions for the grips:
1. Use craft foam. Use the thicker foam sheet. Craft stores and Walmart carry it.
2. Weather strip. Hardware store. Get the thin and narrow type--and it's adhesive backed!
3. Those plastic pipes above--cut and sprayed with Plasti-Dip.

As for the oilpan, it's not the 3-in-1 Corvette that you want.
It's the 427 coupe roadster. I have one, and it's a dead match.
Pics coming as soon as I can load them.

YES! pics...

It would be nice to finally lock that down. Scale as well.

Hey guys, here are a few solutions for the grips:
1. Use craft foam. Use the thicker foam sheet. Craft stores and Walmart carry it.
2. Weather strip. Hardware store. Get the thin and narrow type--and it's adhesive backed!
3. Those plastic pipes above--cut and sprayed with Plasti-Dip.

As for the oilpan, it's not the 3-in-1 Corvette that you want.
It's the 427 coupe roadster. I have one, and it's a dead match.
Pics coming as soon as I can load them.

... any other materials or methodes how to make yoda grips?

When I did my Yoda build about 14 years ago. I used a 3M type adhesive backed black rubber sheet material. The thickness of the type I had was perfect. You just had to cut the strip size you wanted.

Could you post some pics or a link? I'd like to check out.

When I did my Yoda build about 14 years ago. I used a 3M type adhesive backed black rubber sheet material. The thickness of the type I had was perfect. You just had to cut the strip size you wanted.

Could you post some pics or a link? I'd like to check out.

The stuff I had was in a pack of sample 3M products that someone once sent me so i am not sure it's official designation.

I did some searching and found this: Peachtree Woodworking Self Adhesive Rubber Mat PW2892 - Amazon.com

There is also spongy neoprene material such as this: http://www.amazon.com/Sponge-Neoprene-With-Adhesive-Thick/dp/B001GAD5G4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_1

I think if you search along those similar items, you should be able to find a material and thickness that works.

As for the oilpan, it's not the 3-in-1 Corvette that you want. It's the 427 coupe roadster. I have one, and it's a dead match. Pics coming as soon as I can load them.

Can't wait for those picture ... the suspense and anticipation is quite enormous if you back up that claim.

Chaim

Can't wait for those picture ... the suspense and anticipation is quite enormous if you back up that claim.

Chaim

Will post as soon as I find my kit and snap some photos. I never got around to building it yet, so both halves are still on the trees.
I'll also show the actual kit box, so you know what to look for.

Cool... I need an end clap praco style. I assume that there is an actual praco

I just saw a Praco Flashmaker about a month ago on eBay, but a bit pricey.
Just keep checking, man. They are out there.

Here you go--the kit box and the oil pan. The part needs to be cut, sanded and obviously modified a little...but it's a match.

Vette_Kit_zps9c16qbsn.jpg

20140103_203206_zpskxl65dqc.jpg

20140103_203133_zpsjyjumr6u.jpg

wow IbanezSaber ... thanks for posting those pictures ... it's really close ... however I'm a little hesitant to call off the quest just yet, especially when I compare it with the replica part on my Bolsey 2 which does resemble the original oilpan used :

Even after some additional modifications which is still a lot of work to make it appear as seen above ... and recalling the history of the part which specificly mentioned it came out of the greeblies box without any modifications necessary and so looking at yours the part after the curve seems to short and the bigger front piece needs to be cut to almost square-like. So I'm not quite convinced ... yet your effort is appreciated ... thanks.

Chaim

Yeah I promised myself I wouldn't go searching out a praco until all the sabers on my mantle have all their parts in place. I have enough unfinished projects that I would be bordering on a hoarder if I acquire more parts.

So I hope one doesn't show up... everytime I start searching, heh.

I just saw a Praco Flashmaker about a month ago on eBay, but a bit pricey.
Just keep checking, man. They are out there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back