Bandai release schedule

...But I also can see the younger generation that likes to open the box and out it on the shelf ready made. And that's where we are today. I want it now! That is the gift if technology I guess. And we don't have the time to glue and fill seams...
No kidding. Several years ago I was on another forum site populated by movie fans. A small segment of them were collectors and others were wannabe prop builders. Some of the collectors were discussing a specific collectible that was apparently a hot item at the time, and at the same time complaining that they had to apply stickers to it themselves to complete it. :rolleyes And a larger percentage of the members from the wannabe prop builders segment of that forum were all complaining about how long it took for paint to dry. :facepalm I wish I was joking, but that's a true story.

No kidding. Several years ago I was on another forum site populated by movie fans. A small segment of them were collectors and others were wannabe prop builders. Some of the collectors were discussing a specific collectible that was apparently a hot item at the time, and at the same time complaining that they had to apply stickers to it themselves to complete it. :rolleyes And a larger percentage of the members from the wannabe prop builders segment of that forum were all complaining about how long it took for paint to dry. :facepalm I wish I was joking, but that's a true story.

A very similar phenomenon occurs here too. Even in this very same thread there are some who basically only BUY props or models and then pretend to be "master modelers" without any evidence of said mastery. Some even love to "correct"other guys here about how to do things. Just recently there was one of these masters trying to school a guy on the proper way to apply decals. The guy has developed his own way and this "master" tried to belittle him saying, in a sarcastic manner, the he would love to see his work. Well guy post a very nicely done Bandai Snowspeeder and said master just kept his mouth shut, went away never accepting he was shown and schooled. Just even more recently the same "master" tried again to belittle another guy who finished a Bandai SD very nicely done too. He posted in his thread only to try and ridicule Bandai for the model size (yes another of these immature whiners) completely ignoring how well the kit was finished. Apparently one needs to apply 3 gallons of putty per model for it to be worthy according to these individuals.

Stay on target, stay on target !!!
Amen! Can you all take the blather about everything BUT Bandai's release schedule to another thread? I am sure there are threads out there somewhere that such discussions would actually be on topic.
Thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And a larger percentage of the members from the wannabe prop builders segment of that forum were all complaining about how long it took for paint to dry. :facepalm I wish I was joking, but that's a true story.

THAT is beyond funny! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amen! Can you all take the blather about everything BUT Bandai's release schedule to another thread? I am sure there are threads out there somewhere that such discussions would actually be on topic.
Thanks.

It's always good advice to remind people not to veer too far off topic, but in general most of the "blather" originates from the topic at hand. Bandai announces something on their schedule, people react to it, they express elation or disappointment, a debate kicks off about whether the release is good or not, whether Bandai should've chosen another subject, whether they should've offered the subject in another scale, people defend their positions, sometimes people get a little heated --- until some wise sage will simply say, "Stay on target, stay of target" and most people go, "Oh. Yeah. Anyway, back to the main subject." I mean, it's a "discussion" board. People discuss. Part of being a community is getting a sense of who people are as people. This thread is a little more 'community' than others, but I think that's okay. We're not robots. But, yes, sometimes it's necessary to gently remind citizens to "move along, move along." :cheers

Wandering a bit off topic is fine to fill the time between Bandai posting images for us to pour over or people sharing sprue shots- at least it does keep to Star Wars instead of veering wildly into politics or culinary preferences.

My sideline-
I was on my way back to college and there was a plane crash at our destination airport- we were put up for the night and I found a new book called Sat Wars - soon to be a major motion picture (I still have it- first edition). I read it on the way home and simply could not believe that the scenes described in this book could ever possible be shown on screen.
Fast forward a bit- I was in art school with no car. I painted a T-Shirt for a friend (she wanted Luke in his light saber pose with a parked X-Wing behind him) in exchange for a ride to a nearby city to see the new film. We waited in the lobby while the prior showing was finishing up. The Death Star attack was playing and the ship engines and explosions thundered through the building. It was one of the longest waits in my life, I finally got my butt in a seat and saw it for the very first time.

I was not disappointed.

I had to wait years before getting a copy I could watch at home- VHS was not invented until years later.
The films that followed are all good IMO- each has good and bad points, but the very first movie simply called 'Star Wars' is still my favorite one of all time...

Now back to the Bandai release Thread in Progress.

This was posted by Bandai when they first got the Star Wars kits in production, it shows some of their intended kit subjects:
They had a lot of interesting things being considered- some of these have been released already, I do hope they follow through with all of these eventually.

nEoSY4e.jpg

I picked up the B-Wing at Comic-Con and slapped it together yesterday--great kit! The only issue for me is the rear section of the whole cockpit tube which is composed of four pieces and does not fit too snugly; definitely should be glued and puttied. Otherwise gorgeous...I was afraid they had sold out but they had plenty at the show once I got there.

I picked up the B-Wing at Comic-Con and slapped it together yesterday--great kit! The only issue for me is the rear section of the whole cockpit tube which is composed of four pieces and does not fit too snugly; definitely should be glued and puttied. Otherwise gorgeous...I was afraid they had sold out but they had plenty at the show once I got there.

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

FWIW, Blakeh1 posted just this morning over at SSM forums in the "New Kits from Bandai" thread, if someone wants to ask him what happened.

Last edited:
No, I'm just talking about the rear, "half egg" section of the structure--the cockpit section fits quite snugly into the main hull housing. The rear shell probably could have been molded as one piece but for some reason it's broken into several. It doesn't affect the structural integrity of the model as a whole at all and is an easy fix, just seems odd it was done this way but I'm sure there's some reason for it. It's an awesome kit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back