Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

No, I had to take it away because of infringement on Disney's copyright :(
Pity, but it was to be expected.
So I'm afraid I can't supply them anymore. But I'm more than happy to send the hi-res image to you of the battle plan schematics.

Its Ok.
Im gonna get one of the other ones.
When are you getting new designs?
Any chance for a Vader saber blueprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1,8mm may fit , my genuine old board base is 1,6mm, and it fits in the clamp with no gap, even opened, it stays in place...but there is a bit of soldering on one side, other side is 1,6mm and there is a very bit of gap, so 1,8 may be ok.
Please take care if 1,8 is too thick, with AL2o3 material, no way to shave it down, mohs hardness is 9, it's sapphire glass, only diamond tool will work.
Size of mine is 14,5x51mm

Hi Roy, can you tell us more about the new and improved TFA/TLJ clamp cover that's coming soon? Thanks!

Yes! Let's talk clamp covers!
I recently spoke with two different ex-employees from the no longer existing company Propshop, who made the lightsaber props for TFA (and were reused for TLJ). These guys didn't know each other, because there were many people at work.
I also held and studied an unofficial resin cast from the hero Graflex saber (Finn's) and I was able to study all the fine details and the clamp cover from that.
The original saber had a clamp cover that was photo etched, with the outer edges and slot fully etched and the inner grooves half etched, making them not go through completely. The photo etched details are sharp, like laser cutting, but with the option to have closed slots as grooves.
I heard that the Propshop used photo etching more often in their process which they outsourced to an English company.
Their clamp covers did not have the fixation tabs and were pre-bending and very hard to put on. My design with the tabs behind the clamp bars seems like a smart move.
So, my next batch of clamp covers will be made like this and will replace both the pressed and laser cut versions. Now I know how these were originally made, there's no point in selling the lesser versions.

Roy

I recently spoke with two different ex-employees from the no longer existing company Propshop, who made the lightsaber props for TFA (and were reused for TLJ). These guys didn't know each other, because there were many people at work.
I also held and studied an unofficial resin cast from the hero Graflex saber (Finn's) and I was able to study all the fine details and the clamp cover from that.
The original saber had a clamp cover that was photo etched, with the outer edges and slot fully etched and the inner grooves half etched, making them not go through completely. The photo etched details are sharp, like laser cutting, but with the option to have closed slots as grooves.
I heard that the Propshop used photo etching more often in their process which they outsourced to an English company.
Their clamp covers did not have the fixation tabs and were pre-bending and very hard to put on. My design with the tabs behind the clamp bars seems like a smart move.
So, my next batch of clamp covers will be made like this and will replace both the pressed and laser cut versions. Now I know how these were originally made, there's no point in selling the lesser versions.

Roy
That's incredible news! I might just have to get one of the new covers when they come out.

Just curious, but did you find out anything new about how they made the clamp cards in your discussions?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Roy

this is wicked exciting!!! :thumbsup

The all new accurate clamp covers with etched grooves are now for sale in my shop:
http://wannawanga.com/products/tfa-clamp-cover/

266992a298f8a8aea4f91dc7ef45ba92.jpg

f1b07a7db8896032be06c8fb7e0d4a85.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back