Stallone getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO V

CAROLCO

Stallone Getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO V
https://youtu.be/1mphOr2T0Yg

EPBL0118_1new.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Stallone Getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO IV

Sly, retire! Seriously, you don't have enough money that you have to keep rehashing your old franchises? I think you just can't give up the limelight so you're grabbing at the only successful films you've ever done. Oh wait...did you train under George Lucas and Ridley Scott?

Re: Stallone getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO IV

Um...there is already a thread on this in the correct forum...entertainment. You should check it out :facepalm

Sly & Arnold are Legend
show little respect....
if the movie is handled properly , it could became a real hollywood hit !
Age is only a number !

Rambo IV came out back in 2008, so guessing it would have to be number 5.
I never even saw the first 3..... Don't shoot me....

Sly & Arnold are Legend
show little respect....
Age is only a number !

They're just actors, and saying that Sly is a "legend" won't make the movie any better (or worse) when and if it happens. It's fine to speculate.

Personally I can't imagine there's much demand for another Rambo movie outside of the sort of people who would go see anything that the "legend" Stallone puts his name on.

Sly & Arnold are Legend
show little respect....
Age is only a number !

That's fair. My intent was never to show any disrespect, but rather, some franchises are done. Who would call out a 71 year old man to try to make a rescue?

They dont make this Quality Cheee anymore ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Rambo IV came out back in 2008, so guessing it would have to be number 5.
I never even saw the first 3..... Don't shoot me....

my mistake i edited number "V"
First Blood is awesome
The Mission 1985 is my fav Hollywood action flick aside Predator 1987 & Die Hard 1988
Rambi III 1988 was the biggest budget hollywood project back then , when you see things perspectivally ( Russia Invading Afganistan back then ) its a real good movie to watch today
you should definitelly give it a try , we will never see good old action flicks like that anymore (CGI) : https://youtu.be/AtB9-HhfgPw
Note : BEST blade design ever made , Totally Badass.

- - - Updated - - -

First Blood (1982) is worth seeing at least once. Parts II and III, not so much unless you like cheesy and mostly mindless action movies.
Every tastes are in the nature , they was not mindless , Terminator or Robocop Either...we talk about the mighty 80s here , the GOLDEN AGE of Props , when innovation & creativity was at their best !

Rambo 4 was awesome (as were the rest aside from 3), so I'd look forward to another regardless of how old Sly is. He knows how to make an action movie.

Rambo #1 ("First Blood") was a different movie from what followed.

If you only know Rambo from the pop culture stereotype (like the skit in "UHF") then it will surprise you. Particularly the ending.

Rambo #1 ("First Blood") was a different movie from what followed.

If you only know Rambo from the pop culture stereotype (like the skit in "UHF") then it will surprise you. Particularly the ending.

Ever read the book it's based on? It's an even more surprising ending! But I agree First Blood is head and shoulders above the others. But the second film has one of the greatest action scores every from Jerry Goldsmith!

Agree with the previous two statements; First Blood is a genuinely good film and Stallone, in those days, was a really underrated actor. Even after winning awards for Rocky, and that film subsequently becoming an American classic, I don't think he really ever got the chance to show what he could do dramatically.

He tried with Cop Land and that was just a mediocre film, but he was good in it. It didn't bring in the numbers so Sly's just stuck to what people know him for best, which I find a pity because he's old and wealthy enough not to prove he's a box office draw anymore and he can just focus on showing how good he can actually be. I didn't see Creed but I heard he was especially great in that.

Re: Stallone getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO IV

Um...there is already a thread on this in the correct forum...entertainment. You should check it out :facepalm

And amazingly, it was started over in the correct forum.... by the same member. :lol
I guess he just wanted to make sure this topic was seen. :lol

Stallone Getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO IV

I liked him in GOTG Vol. 2. But please, another cheesy macho punchfest Rambo movie? Spare us.

COPLAND, mediocre? I thought it was a great noir thriller.

[Disclosure: I saw First Blood at USC with director Ted Kotcheff as guest. Interesting movie. Haven’t seen the others all the way through. Heard the last was terrible.]

BTW, OP, please don’t spam the same post into multiple forum sections. Quickest way I know to get your derriere banned on most forums I frequent.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back