An elegant weapon for a more civilized age

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
WiP thread

Bought an MPP replica from the amazing folks at JQ sabers.
Myvadsaber1.jpgMyvadsaber2.jpg

This is going to be turned into a HERO ESB/ROTJ Vader saber. With no sound, no blade and no electronics.

At the moment though it's in pieces and I would love some tips on how to assemble it :wacko
Taking it apart, easy as pie. Putting it back together... different story. :(

disassembled1.jpgdisassembled2.jpg

I also still need to buy some T-tracks grips from GINO(probably).

The colors for the wires are red, brown-red (my brown is a little to light in color), grey, white and blue :

T-tracks from wannawanga are just as good for a replica MPP and a lot closer to home being from Rotterdam ;)

As for assembling back together that's a whole other matter, why did you have to dis-assemble it in the first place?

Chaim

The colors for the wires are red, brown-red (my brown is a little to light in color), grey, white and blue :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/ESBDVWires_zps361933fd.jpg

T-tracks from wannawanga are just as good for a replica MPP and a lot closer to home being from Rotterdam ;)

As for assembling back together that's a whole other matter, why did you have to dis-assemble it in the first place?

Chaim

That I know :) I have done quite a bit of research and I also joined http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php and seen quite a lot of your very informative posts ;) :D
I also have royal blue and white cables, not pictured.

Most vader sabers seem to have a thicker red wire and I had a hard time trying to attach it, so I thought I could easily dis-assemble the thing and make the holes bigger or something similar. That didn't really work out :p

The parts just does not want to come back together, it is almost like I need the force :lol

WiP thread

Bought an MPP replica from the amazing folks at JQ sabers.

This is going to be turned into a HERO ESB/ROTJ Vader saber. With no sound, no blade and no electronics.

At the moment though it's in pieces and I would love some tips on how to assemble it :wacko
Taking it apart, easy as pie. Putting it back together... different story. :(

I also still need to buy some T-tracks grips from GINO(probably).

I second getting tracks from www.wannawanga.com Roys tracks are spot on, and a lot cheaper than the alternative.

I assume you do remember the order in which the parts were attached before you took the MPP Replica apart? So it's a matter they won't slide back to it's original position?

Chaim

I haven't taken apart an MPP before. Wish I could help.

It seems no one else have been that stupid before. Go me :p
I have searched the net for more than a few hours :(

I assume you do remember the order in which the parts were attached before you took the MPP Replica apart? So it's a matter they won't slide back to it's original position?

Chaim

I mostly remember, however those tiny little pieces on the left, are a different story. :( :(

The D-Ring would eventually be attached somehow under the thumbscrew of the black shroud of the lightsaber. I was wondering how you were going to attach one, if that's the plan. But never mind, I see another part that actually sports one, so unless you're replacing that part, you're good. :)

The D-Ring would eventually be attached somehow under the thumbscrew of the black shroud of the lightsaber. I was wondering how you were going to attach one, if that's the plan. But never mind, I see another part that actually sports one, so unless you're replacing that part, you're good. :)

I'm probably going to replace the emitter since the D-ring is attached at the wrong spot(directly under the screw, and not behind it).
And hanging it won't be a problem:
lightsaber.jpg

Okay ... I'm going to attempt to help you on your way ... so read all the instructions carefully twice, before touching any parts ... copy that? Then after your second read you can slowly start puting them together ... slowly ... no worries this message won't self-destruct in 10 seconds ... :wacko

Okay here we go ... since everything is so nicely disassembled perhaps you should decide whether or not you want the text Micro Flash removed or not ... if so now is the time to file out the small rivets from the inside (U) and remove the text plate.

Next part (A) and (B) belong together and via (C) in (H) should hover over (D), which is the hole in (G) not where I posted the D (sorry) ... when (H) and (G) are connected and emerge under (K) when you finally attach that part later, savey?
Part (E) can be pressed and perhaps glued a little into (F) ... now I'm not certain what is left in (G) but somehow (F) and (G) have to connect inside (H). And (G) and (H) come together in (I) but you'll have to take the red wire off beforehand and attach back again lateron as well as the other coloured wires, which you should do as the final assembly.
Part (J) goes under (K) and when assembled together should be kept in place by part (A).
The longer screws (L) will have to be screwed from the outside of the tube at (M) possibly through (H) and to hold (G) in place.
Now the only puzzled parts for me are (N), (O), and (P) ... which is perhaps a good moment to take a leak in the mens-room and reconsider where they should go, okay?
The small screws (Q) go into (R) and endcap (S) goes onto (T) whereas shroud (V) goes onto the top of the tube at (W).
Perhaps now that you start putting the pieces together it may jog your memory where parts (N), (O) and (P) were supposed to go ... :wacko

As for the D-ring you could detach it before putting the shroud back on ... use some epoxy clay or JB Weld to fill the hole and carefully drill or file out another hole behind the topscrew after everything is dryed and re-attach that D-ring back in it's proper position ... so no need to get another shroud :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:
It took me a couple of tries before I finally got the innards inside the tube. That pin (B) wanted to fall out every time...
I would also recommend Roy's T-tracks.

Have you thought about replacing the side-bars with angled ones?

Okay ... I'm going to attempt to help you on your way ... so read all the instructions carefully twice, before touching any parts ... copy that? Then after your second read you can slowly start puting them together ... slowly ... no worries this message won't self-destruct in 10 seconds ... :wacko

:lol thanks :D I have no intention on rushing this :) I will definitely remove the MPP logo plaque since I am not doing an ANH saber.

All of the small parts on the left should all fit inside the top of the D/G part(including the N O P parts), that much I know. However for example the E screw top haven't really been wanting to stay in place.
I don't feel comfortable drilling using my dremel so... I'd rather just buy an accurate emitter.
I will go through this later today probably :) thanks a bunch! I will let you know how it goes.

It took me a couple of tries before I finally got the innards inside the tube. That pin (B) wanted to fall out every time...
I would also recommend Roy's T-tracks.

Have you thought about replacing the side-bars with angled ones?

The side-bars? :confused
Yeah, the B-pin does not want to stay inside of A. Even when it did, I had no way to attach the A/B in the large D/G part

That accurate emitter might be a bit hard to get . . . until Roy has finished his attempt to replicate it . . . and should you decide to not use that replica shroud Metallijosh is looking for one ;) Sidebars are those black pieces on the side of the clamp ... for ESB/ROTJ they were trapazoid in shape ... but I would not worry about them at the moment ... first let's start putting that MPP replica back together shall we? :wacko

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
That accurate emitter might be a bit hard to get . . . until Roy has finished his attempt to replicate it . . . and should you decide to not use that replica shroud @Metallijosh is looking for one ;) Sidebars are those black pieces on the side of the clamp ... for ESB/ROTJ they were trapazoid in shape ... but I would not worry about them at the moment ... first let's start putting that MPP replica back together shall we? :wacko

Chaim

Hells yeah :wacko easier said than done :unsure
Ah! Those sidebars, those will be replaced and the clamp lever needs to be removed. All in due time :)

Hard to get is my middle name :lol
Might sell this emitter to him then. NO idea how much it's worth though :confused

K I S S = Keep It Simple Stupid is my motto so ... just ask him via PM how much he's willing to pay and then reach an agreement . . . satisfying both parties involved ... just to give you an estimate ... I paid $35 + shipping for a real MR FX plastic shroud last summer :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back